BFP and NO symptoms

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP and NO symptoms

Postby witchypoo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:53 am

Hi All:

About seven months ago when I first decided srs TCC I visited this board quite a bit. I'm 39 and was hoping I had not waited too long. I used LH tests. The first few months TCC I noticed every tiny change or symptom and obsessed about it. This forum and other I discovered women in similar situations, questioning every tiny symptom or change they noticed with their body. I dreaded going to the bathroom every time around AF due date.

After month six I realized this was making things far worse for my and my hypervigilance was driving me nuts. I chilled on worrying about symptoms and promised myself I would only take PT if my period was three days late or more. (I have very, very regular cycles and thanks to LH tests knew that it was pretty much carved in stone that my MC would start two weeks after getting an LH surge. I didn't temp because my temps were all over the place and I couldn't get reliable results from it, so my only problem was I knew for certainty within 3 days because I never knew exactly when I ovulated, just when my LH surged)

I was really hoping I might be pregnant at Christmas, but AF came on Dec. 18. Jump to this month. I feel nothing different. I experience zero symptoms. I get a slight headache a few days before AF is due (I usually get a bad headache the day before my MC starts). But when the day I should start arrives, nothing. I feel nothing different and think there's no way I'm pregnant, prolly just my ov was later than usual.

I'm just on the verge of getting my hopes up when I go to the bathroom and notice the tiniest amount of blood. I think well, finally AF arrived. I put in a tampon and don't think much of it. 6 hours later when I take out the tampon I realize there is almost nothing on it. (This is unheard of for me. Once I notice the first sigh of AF I usually have very heavy flow within the hour or two.) I decide to just use a pad that night to monitor it - and zilch. It hits me that I might really be pregnant.

I took a test two days ago and got a BFP. To be very sure I took a second test yesterday and it was a very, very BFP.

I just wanted to share this because I know how easy it is to drive yourself nuts TCC. I'm sure there are many people who do have symptoms very early on, but don't worry if you don't. My only symptom ended up being not getting my period.
witchypoo
Friend

Re: BFP and NO symptoms

Postby feefee87 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:16 am

Thanks for this witchypoo it's great to hear not having loads of symptoms can still lead to a BFP!

My AF is due on Sunday and not feeling any different compared to previous months that I've been trying!

Congratulations and a happy and healthy 9 months to you!
feefee87
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby witchypoo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:44 am

Thanks! Not only no symptoms, but on certain pervious months I had loads of "symptoms" - breasts sore, breasts felt heavy, nipples tender, appetite changes, seemed like a lot more normal discharge, etc.... and was a bit shocked when AF came right on schedule. But also a few other months I didn't see any significant symptoms at all and wasn't pregnant.
This month I only had one romp with DH when timed with my LH surge & I thought I was most fertile. We also DTD a week or so later, well after I thought I had ovulated. Now I wonder if I was just wrong about my O date. I had implantation bleeding on 1/17/17. I BD with DH on Jan 1 and Jan 8, and given the time frame I'm thinking it was the 8th that did it (when I thought that date was days after O and outside my FW, maybe I was wrong)
Plenty of months I thought this would be the month, due to symptoms and multiple BD session during my LH surge, and it never was. The month I only have one BD during my window and zero symptoms - BFP. I was in shock. I refused to even take a test after being a few days late thinking I was being silly. Only after the spotting occurred and no AF did I realize I probably was and take the test.

Good luck this week. Just remember not to stress, if not this month then it will be another. You'll have a BFP this year.
witchypoo
Friend

Postby SuziesRainbow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Thank you for sharing this and congrats!!! I'm not so patiently waiting for bloodwork results as AF is 13 days late. My DH and I stopped TTC awhile back so maybe removing the stress of all of it has worked it's magic for us too. Fingers crossed!
SuziesRainbow
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?