Implantation bleeding while breastfeeding??

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Implantation bleeding while breastfeeding??

Postby Mommyof31987 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 am

I am currently 8 weeks postpartum and EBF my little bub. I am currently NTNP with DH. So I had some bleeding last night but only for 4 hours it started out red then to brown then nothing. I am cramping as well. I am wondering if this could be implantation bleeding as I have yet to have my first postpartum period. I stopped bleeding from afterbirth at 4 weeks postpartum. Have any of you ever experienced only a few hours of bleeding? If so did you end up being pregnant? Or was it just a weird period?
Mommyof31987

Re: Implantation bleeding while breastfeeding??

Postby katbagley88 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:03 pm

After I had my second child I bled on and off for about 6 weeks, sometimes it lasted a day sometimes for several until I got my first period after giving birth at 8 weeks. It's also normal to cramp a little after having a baby, especially if you are breastfeeding, as your uterus will be returning to its usual size. If in doubt though take a test.
katbagley88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Implantation bleeding while breastfeeding??

Postby Happyfroggy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Well you're supposed to wait at least 6 weeks before having sex, so since you said it's only been 8 weeks, my guess would be the sex made you bleed a little.

Also, not to be a debbie-downer, but unless you have a really good reason I would caution trying again so soon after giving birth. Getting pregnant now would mean your kids were less than a year apart in age and it raises your risk of many negative outcomes. Birth's spaced that close together have a much higher risk of autism, higher risk of low birth weight, higher risk of anemia, etc.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything, and i know some people have very good reasons for wanting pregnancies back to back, but I'm just mentioning so you're aware and that if you don't have a reason to rush it might be a good reason to wait before not-preventing pregnancy.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?