SO confused!!

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

SO confused!!

Postby rgrumet » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Ladies, I've been off birth control for almost a year...it took about 7 months for my periods to finally even out. They have been completely consistent or the past four months. I bought an ovulation kit last month in hopes of being able to track and make things easier. My first positive on those test strips was two days after unprotected sex with my husband, which I read was actually good timing! My period is 8 days late, although I've gotten two negative tests. Yesterday and today, I had what I thought was the beginning of my period, but it hasnt stayed consistent like usual and it has almost stopped completely several times in the past 48 hours...anyone have this experience before??

I've also experienced a little bit of boob ache and twinging.
rgrumet
Friend

Re: SO confused!!

Postby 860lindsey » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:06 pm

What type of test did you use? FRER are much more sensitive than a digital test. I think most doctors will send you for blood work by now (although I have heard some women say their doctor made them wait two weeks). Were you temping to confirm ovulation. If you got a positive opk then I would assumed you did ovulate but it is possible for your body to gear up to O, and not, but then gear up and follow through a few days later which would give you a later period. Best of luck to you!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Happyfroggy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:11 pm

I second this advice. My cheap tests were only showing a shadow that appeared AFTER the time you are supposed to read the test but my First Response Early Result test the line was clearly visible in the time-frame. I think FRER are the best!

Also, it's more accurate to collect your urine in a cup and dunk the test for a few seconds rather than dipping it into your pee stream so that can also help. As well, the urine should be nice and dark otherwise it can mean it's too watery to get a good reading.

So to summarize my rambles, try again with the FRER (First response) test and use First morning urine or urine that you've been holding for 3 hours plus and is nice and dark, then dip the test. If it's STILL stark white in the time limit then I would believe it. Let us know how it goes!
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rgrumet » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Update: it def appears I got my period...needless to say I'm pretty upset, it was a major tease for it to be 8 days late when I've been very consistent lately ☹️ But I guess I'll keep using the ovulation strips and hope for better results next month. Thanks for all of your help!
rgrumet
Friend

Postby Happyfroggy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Aw sorry rgrumet
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rgrumet » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:44 am

So I tested this morning just to be sure...def negative ☹️
rgrumet
Friend

Postby sarahann80 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 am

Hi Ladies, please help

I am 13DPO today, since 8DPO I have extreme nausea, bloating, tired, extremely hungry, darken areolas, white CM, very thirsty, dry mouth, Temp is from normal 36 to 37.1 and is staying there for the last 5 days, I did a 4 days early detection pregnancy test on 11DPO and I received a faint positive in the 5 minutes wait, did a normal (not an early detection) test this morning on 13DPO and it was negative??? Please help am I pregnant? was the first test correct and the second one negative because it was not an early detection test? I did both with FMU,

Thank you
sarahann80

Postby GKR_1985 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:26 am

It is possible that the second test wasn't sensitive enough (i think regular tests usually work at 40mIU/hCG, where as early detection ones can be 25 mIU/hCG). Try another early detection test of the same brand and see if you get another BFP. Hopefully darker than the last test.

It is also possible you are experiencing a chemical pregnancy, but let's hope that is not the case!!!!
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?