Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone want to be weight loss buddies during ttc?

Postby Zokica » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:54 am

Not an easy decision. :(

If anything, my situation has taught me that I have been foolish to have been putting TTC on hold for so many years, only to find out I can't concieve naturally or at all.

However, education matters and you should definately pursue your professional aspirations.

My advice - do both. You are a woman and we kick @ss. If you get pregnant, you'll have a baby and go to school. Women have survived worst than that. :)
And when you're my age (31) you will have it all. The only question you should ask yourself is, are you ready for hard work in case you end up with a toddler and finals :) if you have a good partner and parents, go for it.
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Born2BeMommy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Lots of good points to consider... Zokica's especially. Both my family and my in-laws are spread across the country and none of them live within 12 hours of us, so I have no support system whatsoever. DH is good but he can't take phone calls for work AND deal with a crying infant simultaneously. I wouldn't be able to hold a job at all while at school due to the 24-hour shifts and on-call clients and I'm already trying to figure out how to come up with $14,000 for tuition anyway (it's not eligible for title IV federal grants or whatever) so a babysitter is out of the question. I'm not at all fond of the idea of neglecting my theoretical child for the first 3 years of its life, anyway. The best option I can see is putting TTC on hold until I've done all I need to do. Not doing TTA though because it's too much trouble, so taking the NTNP path and quitting all this stupid charting nonsense.

I'm gonna give this cycle a chance, even though I know AF will come right on time next month, and I'm done after that. Thank you ladies, you really helped me make the right choice. :)
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
MC July 2015 @ 16 weeks - cord accident
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Baby dust to all! :)
Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 80's Baby » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:45 am

Born, I'm only a few days behind you. Hopefully, this will be our month. Fx!
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Zokica » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:36 am

@born: I wish you all the best :* and know there is NOTHING wrong with putting off TTC until you get settled in your life with a job and an education.

Yes, women are meant to be mothers but that is not the ONLY thing we are meant to be. We are also supposed to be strong, financially independent and intelligent people who know and get what they want, children or no children.

You go, girl :)
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 80's Baby » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:02 am

In my experience, having a job will not stop you from ttc. But having a baby might make you reconsider getting a job. I've got two little ones, and I quit my sales job when dd1 started school. For me to consider another position, it would have to be days only, and pay well enough to be worth my time. In my industry, that's asking a lot. Lol

AFM, I'm down to 184 (jumping for joy!) And I took my first Clomid pill last night.
But I'm worried that the dieting might throw my ovulation off. :/
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Zokica » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:24 am

@80baby - evertwhere I've looked, people say that when you diet in moderation, it shouldn't throw ovulation off but I remebmer the first month I started eating less and exercing everyother day, I han an anovulatory cycle. Having said that, it only happened once since I started and that was six months ago.

Kudos on the weight loss :)

AFM - I haven't weiged in in a while, and since AF came to town, I'm going to wait a while, I suspect a slight weight gain because I haven't exactly been a good girl :) i'll see in a couple of days. This AF is, however, surprisingly pain free, which is very strange for me. I hope it doesn't mean I didn't ovulate, which is how I knew the last time I skipped ovulation. :(
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Born2BeMommy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:00 am

Hi ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, got busy with DH's kid siblings who are here for the remainder of the summer. Haven't been paying much attention to diet or exercise but I'm miraculously sticking around 172-174 lbs. Can't complain considering the junk I've been eating.

So, about my last TTC cycle. It was a HUGE failure. Basically, we got cheated out of even trying because AF showed up on the 9th... 3-4 days after I previously thought I O'd. The cycle was a whopping 20 days. I'm pretty pissed about it to be honest. I mean, I knew it was gonna end in AF anyway, but for my body to just completely screw me out of the chance to even TRY... that boils my blood. What a stupid, pointless waste of my time and energy. :(

That said, I hope things are going better for you girls and I wish you the best of luck with TTC, but I am officially done!
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
MC July 2015 @ 16 weeks - cord accident
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Baby dust to all! :)
Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 80's Baby » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:47 am

Sorry to hear that, born. But, onto the rest of your life! You have plenty of time, hun. :)

Afm, I'm back to a VERY stubborn 187. And bloated! I fell off the exercise wagon hard. I'm trying to get back on, but *Ooo, muffins!*
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KTBrown » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Hello everyone; I'm Graduating from school in two weeks with four boys and no support system it's possible but takes structure and determination. Back in school in the fall for round two:)

Anyone on the weight loss track? Started with anti-fungal and thyroid support with so far good results; two weeks in and lost three pounds. Not losing hair producing breast milk and no longer need naps. If you want more info let me know
KTBrown/ Carrying a miracle to term: EDD 09/07/2015
Andrew 10/10/2013
Joshua 06/14/2011
Elijah 10/05/09
Isaac 08/08/08
KTBrown
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thepast123 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:21 pm

ambernicole8484 wrote:Me! I've been working on weight loss for years but have have just starting sticking with it and seeing progress. Its hard cause I'm a big eater. I still eat big but I'm eat mostly fruits and veggies.

Hello ambernicole,
Great Post! I'm also doing very hard work for losing body weight and I only eat healthy food, as my body weight is 85 k.g. and with this technique I know I can get good results. If you have any other techniques for weight loss. then please PM me....
Thanks in advance
thepast123
Friend

Previous

Return to Weight Loss and TTC