TTC Buddies 2015 #5

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC Buddies 2015 #5

Postby KeepTrying15 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Emma - love the scan!! Awe so sweet! Can't wait to find out the harmony results. That's so funny about the star wars reference...men lol.

Liz yay for af!!

My biopsy came back benign, normal fibrocystic changes and no sign of any cancer cells. Man what an experience that was! Whew! So now I can focus again on our upcoming cycle :D
Me: 45 DH: 40
3 early losses 2014-2015 (natural bfps)
2015 IUI #1-3 - BFN

2016 Egg Banking - 4 eggs frozen (2 mature - fertilized with ICSI & used assisted hatching / 2 immature - 1 matured in lab-did not fertilize)
Jan 2017 - IVF #1 - transferred 2 embryos (3 day - grade 2 / 8 cell & 6 cell) - BFN

March 2017 - IVF #2 - cancelled - 1 dominant follicle/2 smaller - converted to IUI - BFP! :omg:
Beta #1-12dpiui-71 Beta #2-14dpiui-133 Beta #3-16dpiui-123.9 (not good)
MC at 5 weeks :(

IVF #3 - TBD

Image Image
KeepTrying15
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sms842 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Emma, that is hilarious! I'm glad everything is going well.

Liz, yay! I'm pretty sure I ovulated thus weekend so I'm thinking AF will show up. I'm feeling good, thinking that after my next AF will start "trying". Kind of excited to think about. In the week that I was gone Kevin started to really pull up and crawl. He's pretty much got one tooth, but oddly it's a side tooth, not a front one. He's got the urge to walk but hasn't done it yet. Where does the time go?

Shannon, any news? Thinking about you!!!
Me: 30
DH: 35
PCOS/APS

1st round of clomid 50mg in early January
2nd round of clomid: 02/14/15
BFP #1: 3/16/15, cp
3rd round of clomid 50mg: 03/30/15
BFP #2: 4/26/15, MC at 7 weeks
1st round of Letrozole: 10/20/15
BFP: 11/11/15

Kevin Joshua born 7/22/2016

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58167d/thumb.png
Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Liz85 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Thank God Shannon!! Phew.

Emma- so glad things look good and all is well!

Steph- yay! That sounds good! I was so shocked by af, I actually cried, happy tears. Made me feel so much better about ending bf, I just hope I actually cycle now without 40 day stretches :-/.. we said if I don't get pregnant or have normal cycles by August, we will seek assistance again- the idea of it sounds fun, just so scared about the old feelings of disappointment as we ALL know all too well. Going to speak with my therapist about it- hoping that will help me work through ttc this time around!

That is awesome about Kevin :) it's so fun to see them grow and change. John said 'cat' and 'dog' so clearly today- I cannot believe he will be one in a week! Life is good.
Liz85
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KeepTrying15 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Emma - what cycle day did you do your endo scratch? I talked to the nurse and asked if he was going to do it at our appt tomorrow and she said they do it at the beginning of the cycle when I come in for a baseline after af starts. Things I've read about it says it's usually done around cd21 of the cycle prior. Just wondering when yours was done.
2015 IUI #1-3 - BFN

2016 Egg Banking - 4 eggs frozen (2 mature - fertilized with ICSI & used assisted hatching / 2 immature - 1 matured in lab-did not fertilize)
Jan 2017 - IVF #1 - transferred 2 embryos (3 day - grade 2 / 8 cell & 6 cell) - BFN

March 2017 - IVF #2 - cancelled - 1 dominant follicle/2 smaller - converted to IUI - BFP! :omg:

IVF #3 - TBD

Image Image
KeepTrying15
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Wed May 24, 2017 1:54 am

Hi Shannon - very happy about your results, phew!! I had my endo done exactly cd21 on the cycle before. Most I've read are on cd21 but that's not to say there's anything wrong doing it on the same cycle. Have you asked this clinic what their success rates are with DE?
About us:
Me - 36 - Ovarian cysts and Endo
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET
May 12 - embryos arrested

Natural BFP!!!
Natural loss 9 weeks

IVF #2- ICSI
February '16 -BFN

April 29 - Full Immune/Genetic testing
Diagnosed with Thrombophilia with MTHFR Mutation

Dec '16 Surgery to remove Endo

IUI #5
Jan '17 - BFN

IVF #3- ICSI
6dp5dt - BFP :jump:

Daily: Heparin / Aspirin / Prednisolone/ Folate / PIO

Mama-in-cahoots
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KeepTrying15 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:50 am

Emma - Their success rates are sitting right about 60% for frozen donor eggs, which is slightly higher than the national average of 50% which is why we chose them. They are about a 1.5-2 hour drive for us, but their success was much higher than the clinics near us, and like I said before, our former doctor has great OE success, he doesn't do donor eggs.

Appointment went well yesterday, blood work was done and dh's SA was excellent. The doctor said he should be pounding his chest at the results...lol men. Anyway, all looks good so far and as long as nothing shows up in the blood work then we are good to go once af starts next week.

So the plan is once af starts, I'll go in on day 2 or 3 for a baseline US and blood work and they will do the endo scratch. He said they've had excellent results doing the endo scratch early in the same cycle and the reason they don't do it on day 21 on the cycle prior in natural cycle transfers is because I'm not on anything that would have prevented ovulation this cycle and if by chance we conceived, then we wouldn't want to mess with it. Then I'll take letrozole days 3-7, which he explains helps get the lining more ready for the transfer, something to do with how letrozole affects the reception factors of the lining. I'll also do baby aspirin and progesterone suppositories, and I think there was a steroid and antibiotic mixed in there too. He will also have dh take a z-pak (antibiotic) starting at the beginning of my cycle, he said it helps keep the sperm healthy, first I've heard of that so hopefully it helps. I'll start monitoring opks on day 10, and then on day 12 they will also start bringing me in for follicle/lining check and lh blood monitoring in addition to me checking with opks at home. Then once we get an lh surge and if my lining looks good, they will thaw the eggs, dh will go in to do his part and they will fertilize with ICSI and we go from there and see how they do. Transfer will be either 3 or 5 day, ideally they like to do 5 day but it depends on how things go and how many are still progressing.

I'm still a little nervous about doing a natural cycle with my lining issues, he said he would ideally like to see it at least 8 (keep dreaming dude), he is ok with 6-8 if the lining looks good on the scan. I think I can get it to at least 7 based on previous natural cycles when I was monitored, so hopefully we will be ok. He said the good thing is the eggs are frozen, if the lining isn't adequate, then they won't thaw them and we can try again with a different approach the next cycle, but he feels the natural cycle is the best approach for me. I mean my lining was only 7.6 at the last check a few days prior to transfer when I was on meds with the previous IVF, so really not much of a difference and if I can avoid doing medicated then I'm all for it.

An interesting thought dh and I had after the appt. The doctor never told us not to have sex or use protection during the cycle. I know it's such a small chance, but what if the egg that ovulates fertilizes? How would we know if the one that takes is the donor egg or my egg? I know it's 99.9% chance it's not my old egg, but still an interesting thought We will only be transferring one, so what if they both take? Fraternal twins with single embryo transfer, it happens. Crazy crazy crazy...lol. Anyway, we are excited to get this going.

Wow, sorry for the novel :)
2015 IUI #1-3 - BFN

IVF #3 - TBD

Image Image
KeepTrying15
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mama-in-cahoots » Sun May 28, 2017 12:34 am

Shannon - what a great update, things are really moving for you guys now!

Congrats on a great sperm result, I've no doubt your baby is coming this time :D
Please think positive on your lining. Believe in your body to do the right thing and imagine it getting thicker... sounds silly but it really does work. I've read stories of ladies getting pregnant with less than 7.

It really sounds like this clinic knows what they're doing and that's a great success rate. I wouldn't worry too much about your own egg fertilising, if it happens then it's meant to be and that's quite an exciting thought!

Come on AF.... we're waiting for you :af:
About us:
Me - 36 - Ovarian cysts and Endo
DH - 43 - Low motility
DD born 06/2012
TTC#2 since July 2013

IUI x4 All BFN

IVF #1 ICSI
19 March '15 - BFN
FET
May 12 - embryos arrested

Natural BFP!!!