Pregnancy symtpoms or side effects

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Pregnancy symtpoms or side effects

Postby krismack91 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:00 pm

I have pcos and have been ttc for almost 2 years. I dont o on my own and this was my second month on clomid 50mg. I never got a strong positive opk and took clearblue digital dual hormone and got 7 peak days. I dont temp or chart cm and am not sure if i o'd. There was a few days that i had excess watery cm in my underwear. Now i am "due" for af in 8 days, but due to the pcos i will probably not have the visit because they have to be medically induced by provera. I am having this cramp on and off on my right side by my hip bone both on the front and back. I am having some food aversions and things i used to like taste terrible. I had some pain between my boobs and armpit for 2 days but now thats pretty mich gone and my chest feels heavy but no sore boobs. I have creamy/sticky cm and excess in undies. Think these could be early symptoms or am i crazy?
krismack91

Re: Pregnancy symtpoms or side effects

Postby Nickysy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:11 am

Hello. I would def suggest for you get monitoring done via ultrasounds when you are on clomid. If clomid caused you to o, then ideally AF should happen as well. Nonetheless, never hurts to check. If it helps, my SIL has pcos, and she got pregnant on clomid! Fxed your signs lead to a BFP.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thirdnerd » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Unfortunately if you aren't charging the cycle, there's no way to tell for sure if you ovulated unless you go into your doctor and get a progesterone level check. I also have PC OS and am on Clomid this cycle. I am charting though and know that I ovulated around cycle day 26. I'm currently 9DPO. OPKs tricky with people who have PC OS. I think it has something to do with having more LH in the system throughout the cycle . I know that I had six or seven positive OPKs and several very close to positive ones before my very obvious, strongest positive, which is when I actually Oed. A good OB will be monitoring your blood levels at the start, and at least do a progesterone level check on cycle day 21 to see if you Oed or not. You could also just be a very late Oer like me though. Good luck!
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby krismack91 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:58 pm

I see through other forums that peoples obs are checking their levels while on clomid. Mine was kind of like onay here is this and try it for a couple months and then call me....everything i have learned from opks and charting and all of that is from online research. I dont know why she isnt monitoring me more when she knows we have been ttc for almost 2 years. About a year ago we dis a couple months of provera and metformin and were unsuccessful. We took about 6 months off and i never had a period so my ob said to either go on the pill or start trying with medicine again so here we are. I hate to fet a new ob because they know everything ive been dealing with but idk why she hasnt checked my levels or anything. Shes never even looked at my ovaries!
krismack91

Postby Nickysy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Kris- Your doc doesn't sound too proactive. Sorry to say that. But I agree with thirdnerd. You should atleast get progesterone levels checked to confirm Ovulation. The higher no of eggs forming in PCOS are capable of undergoing multiple LH surges and no actual ovulation. Hence, using OPKs isn't the most reliable thing to do.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thirdnerd » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Krismack- I had the exact same experience with my OB for my last son. I had no idea about any of this TTC stuff, but I told him I have mild PCOS with irregular cycles, so he literally said he would call in a RX for a years supply of Clomid and Provera and gave me instructions on how to take them and said "Call the office when you get pregnant. Good luck!". So, I know how confusing it can be to try to navigate it on your own! If you have PCOS and aren't actually ovulating, the Metformin isn't really going to help with O'ing directly, as it is a drug intended for Diabetes, with some benefit for women with PCOS/overweight. Clomid is specifically to help with a strong ovulation, so it's generally not prescribed for women who already ovulate on their own. You might want to consider finding another Dr who will monitor you more closely, if time is of the essence for you. Two years is a long time to try and not get a more specific treatment plan. Most Drs will try Clomid, at increases of 50 mg each month up to 205mg, for 6 months and if you aren't ovulating on it, they'll move on to a different option.
It sounds like at the least, you should start Provera and get on Clomid and start charting to see if you can see an O pattern. That way you feel like you have some idea what is going on.

Hope that helps some!
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?