Could this be implantation bleeding at 5dpo?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Implantation bleeding?

Yes - when to test
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 0

Could this be implantation bleeding at 5dpo?

Postby Monicasky » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:17 am

I am 5dpo today had really mild cramps since yesterday sort of like AF cramps but not painful more like a little discomfort that is more noticeable laying down. Had a bit of a sharp pain at my uterus but went away straight away also had a little bit of brown in my CM and some pink dots that I noticed on the toilet paper. Could it be implantation? I know the average is 6-12dpo just wondering if it's possible. Any help much appreciated thank you!
Monicasky
Friend

Re: Could this be implantation bleeding at 5dpo?

Postby tripumpkin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:56 am

How do you know when you ovulated?

What I learned with my first PG is that while most swear you don't have symptoms until post-implantation, I knew something was up sooner and that cycle was categorical different than all the symptom-spotting of previous cycles (but obviously we are all different). It sounds promising to me though.
My Ovulation Chart

Off BCP's - 6/2014
Faint BFP - 3/15/15, CP on 3/17/15
tripumpkin
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:02 am

Yes! I had implantation bleeding at 5 dpo with my son. I also had an implantation dip at 4dpo. Everything I had read up until that point said 6 dpo was the earliest, but I have since found some sources that say it's possible, although less common, for implantation to take place as early as 3dpo.

The thing I don't think anyone knows (or at least I haven't found an answer to), is when signs of implantation occur in comparison to when it's complete. I've read the whole process of implantation can take 3 days. So if an egg starts to implant at 3 dpo but isn't fully implanted until 6dpo, it seems like it could cause bleeding towards the beginning but not technically be fully implanted until a few days later. Also, who knows when we actually see that blood in comparison to when it was originally caused. Since it's usually brown, it's old.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but I've been thinking about these things a lot lately lol. The short answer is still yes, it's totally possible! And just FYI, I got my bfp at 10 dpo that cycle. Good luck!
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:04 am

Ooh, and if you care to hear the details for comparison, although everyone is different, my IB was streaks of brown blood in ewcm.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Monicasky » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:32 am

Yes! Same here this month is so different to the previous months and I've never had spotting before or cramps at this time of my cycle. I'm hoping so! Do you reckon it's best to wait until around 10dpo to test then? It'll be so hard to wait until AF is due on 2nd of March
Monicasky
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:15 am

Generally speaking, they say it takes 2-3 days I think for HCG to be at detectable levels in the blood. It takes an additional 2-3 days for it to be filtered through the kidneys and detectable in urine.

There are SO many variables, though: your base level of HCG, your doubling rate, your body's rate of metabolism, dilution of urine, etc. Not to mention the details listed in my previous response... I don't know when HCG starts being produced during an implantation that takes 3 days. Does it start as soon as implantation starts, or does implantation have to be complete before levels start to rise substantially? I have no idea!

To be safe, waiting until AF would be the "smart" thing to do if you feel like early bfn's will get you down. This is coming from the girl who started testing at 6dpo this cycle, though, so take it for what it's worth lol.

This cycle just feels different to me, too, and my chart was looking awesome, so that's why I started early. Normally I wait until 9dpo, but I have an 11 day LP, so it's just a couple of days before my period is due. I think once you see a really promising sign it's SO hard to not test.

I think I would wait at least 3 days from IB to test, but just be aware that you may see a bfn for awhile even if it was IB.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Monicasky » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:37 am

Yeah I'm thinking I'll try and wait until Friday or Saturday to test because at my mother in laws this week and can't be bothered to sneak about (don't want to deal with the questions to why I'm testing early) and AF is due next Thursday so be about 5/6 days early and 9/10dpo and then will just keep going until either positive or AF shows her face. But it's so different to previous cycles got none of the signs I usually have like sore boobs, nausea, fatigue instead got slight cramps, the little bit of brown in CM and minor dizziness with travel sickness. Fingers crossed this is it! Be so good to have some good news for my partner
Monicasky
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:04 am

Best of luck! I hope this is it for you! Be sure to come back and update. ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Monicasky » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:33 am

Will do! Thank you!
Monicasky
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?