Severe cramping 3dpo

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Severe cramping 3dpo

Postby Slick » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:54 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It feels like period cramping, just started today, spent the day in bed with a hot water bottle. I have slightly sore breasts as well.

We have just started TTC so I'm probably reading too much into it but it's been out of the range of normal for me. I usually don't have cramping post ovulation. The waiting is just arrrgh!
Slick

Re: Severe cramping 3dpo

Postby Slick » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Also lower back pain which radiates around my hips. Also the cramping is on both sides and sometimes alternates, plus sharp stabbing around my groin.

Anyone had these at all, the breast thing is really mild soreness which on the whole is only noticeable intermittently.

So have my fingers crossed. I'm a bit owrried I ahve convinced myself of symptoms because I am reading about what other ladies have experienced, but the cramping is very very real.
Slick

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Cramping can be a sign of pregnancy, buttt I remember when i started ttcing my body suddenly decided to be as annoying as anything and do all these things I never noticed before lol, so it could be you are more aware of your body's aches and pains, but as you said the crampings very real, I would say that its post ovulation pain as 3dpo is too early to feel anything pregnancy related as if the egg had fertilised it would still be swimming around and not embedded in your uterus yet therefore wouldn't be making any pregnancy hormones or giving you any pregnancy symptoms so I would say what you're experiencing is post ovulation symptoms...

The only thing you can do in this case is wait unfortunately :( feels like the longest wait everrrr lol but hopefully in a couple of weeks you'll be looking at a bfp :)
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beckyrae88 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Is it possible that you just ovulated now? Your pain sounds like ovulation pain. Some people get it really bad like that. I used to get severe ovulation pain, felt like what you're describing.
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Slick » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks for the responses guys!

I've been using ovulation strips so I think I'm good on that front and I did an extra ovulation strip yesterday and today to check that some freaky quick fire round of ovulation wasn't happening and they turned up negative.

Yeah I think I may just be being hyper aware at the moment. i was saying to my husband I'm probably having some sort of psychosomatic response. The whole thing is fraught with arghhh.

The other thing to consider is that 1) on my last cycle my PMS was awful, ususally not that bad, but as I get older I seem to feel these things more, so it may just be post ovulation cramps 2) i've been trying to lose some weight and my cycle can get a bit messed up when I'm on a diet so that may have somethingto do with it.

Think I need to chill out que sera sera and all that. I'm probably just looking for patterns in chaos LOL!!
Slick

Postby Slick » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:36 am

I just read through a whole dpo + symptoms thread, it really brought home how many symptoms are just randomn, there are so many ladies having exactly the same symptoms yet very different outcomes. Makes me think it's virtually impossible to know until you have done a pregnancy test.

Thats is sooooo not stopping me from symptom hunting though, it feels a bit mental looking for any sign when in reality absolutely nothing is a dead certain. I guess there is nothing for it but to wait. I'm struggling with trying not to convince myself i'm pregnant incase of disappointment. Waiting waiting waiting.
Slick

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?