7dpo

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

7dpo

Postby Clsberg » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Hello,
I'm 29 yo, this is my first month ttc, and to predict O, I used my calendar app (Glow), which said O was on CD17, which felt like a late day in my cycle - but by the time we decided to ttc, I was already on CD16.

My question for the ladies who use all the tracking methods: BBT, LH, CM, and calendar- do you find that the O predictions are consistent across the board with all these methods? Or is there one method that you trust more than the others? Is being in the mood for sex a valid hint that you are O? I'm asking because I was NOT in the "mood" on CD17, nor did I have EWCM, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway, since Glow claims I was ovulating.

Anyway, I am now at 7 DPO and I am feeling a lot of symptoms (sore and bloated breast, ongoing feeling of dull cramping, strange mood swings). But I realize that I may be completely off, and may not even have been O on the day we TTC...
But part of me hopes that it may be true, though it would be quite lucky considering how rare it is to conceive on the first try, when not knowing exactly when I ovulated.

Well thanks for reading, and please let me know whats you're chosen way of predicting O.
Best- CLSberg
Clsberg
Friend

Re: 7dpo

Postby Slick » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi clsberg,

I use LH strips, CM and ovulation app. Having used the LH strips for a while before we were ready to start trying I found that they tied in really well with CM changes and my calenders suggested dates. Tbh on the day I don't ever think I'm ever in the mood! The day or two just before is when i'm more likely to want to Dtd. Mine are pretty consistent in that o day is always 3 weeks and 1 day from cd1. So i just keep plugging in my periods, looking at fertile days and testing with ovulation strips to confirm. My period has switched sometimes to a 4 week cycle and in those cases its 2 weeks and 1 day. I guess its going to be really individual but i bought a whole load of ovulation strips from amazon at a really cheap price so I could test as much as I wanted. I would really reccomend them! I guess i would say after a few months of doing this CM and calender are what I use generally but since we just started ttc i'm using the strips again to double check.

I have literally just started trying too! Good luck!
Slick

Postby Clsberg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:20 am

Hi Slick, thanks for replying! So have you determined that your LP is 14 days?
My app suggested that my LP was 13 days, which i found weird since the average is said to be from 12 to 16 days. Why wouldn't they say 14?

Today is my 9DPO, and my boobs are getting really heavy (I don't always get that as a pms symptom), and i'm feeling crampy and restless at night.
My cycles range from 28 to 33 days, so I have no idea if i'm getting PMS symptoms or something else!
Working on not getting to disappointed if it's BFN, and rather give it a better shot next cycle with the LH strips.
Will order them in bulk too!
Clsberg
Friend

Postby Slick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:00 am

mine gives me CD 15 as peak ovulation date when I'm on 4 week cycle and 22 on 5 week. I think what they do is assume that your luteal phase is 10-14 days and count back from there once you start filling in your info. So I basically have a 5 day fertility window sketched out and I've found that with my LH strips the app is actually quite accurate for the 1 day peak LH surge and the 2 days on either side. i think if you are generally regular the apps are quite helpful.

All this stuff is guestimate really, the LH only tells you that you are about to release an egg, god knows when the sperm actually finds it and how fast it is etc etc and whther you actually release an egg. I think the best advice in terms of timing sex is probably to try to hit a few days before and one day after ovulation. Sperm is supposed to be able to survive for 5 days (depending on the sperm ofcourse) so may be worth just having sex around the four or five days around ovulation? who knoooows LOL I'm dying from waiting nerves LOL. Know how you feel, don't know if I'm PMS-ing, having post ovulation twinges, have appendicitis etc!! I have my fingers crossed for you!
Slick

Postby Clsberg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Wow good luck Slick! How many days are you PO?

I am now 10 DPO, got a - test result this morning, should have seen this coming as it was too early to test...
I will test again on Monday at 13DPO.

I don't know if my brain is enhancing the twinges and crampiness, but i feel like this is above norm for me (like i only feel the cramps I am feeling now when I am literally about to get my period or just got it), yet I am still a few days away from the expected AF. Also, my gas situation has the same distinct smell as when i have AF (i.e: stinks). What does that mean??? lol (i should prabably lay off the beans).
Clsberg
Friend

Postby Clsberg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Update: i got my AF today on CD 28.

Looking back at this luteal phase, i see that we actually missed O day by 4 days, as we dtd on 4DPO.
I was expecting a 30-31 day cycle this month, but it was only 27 days.
I learned one thing: don't rely only on calendars and apps, but on other methods such as the OPK which I will buy ASAP and start using this cycle.

Best of luck to who ever reads this!
Clsberg
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?