2dpo strange symptoms

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2dpo strange symptoms

Postby Duke27 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:28 am

Hi everyone,

I know 2 dpo is way too early for pregnancy symptoms but twice today I've had left sided stabbing/twinges lasting about 5 to 10 seconds. I got a blazing positive on an opk on Monday afternoon and Tuesday am it was lighter but still slightly postive. Tues afternoon was negative and Wednesday negative. I have a feeling I ovulated Monday night as mt cervix was lower and firmer on Tuesday afternoon and had less cm. What could this be? I've got loads of creamy/sticky cm too. Very confused x
Duke27
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: 2dpo strange symptoms

Postby 860lindsey » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:08 am

Honestly at 2dpo it's probably nothing. Even if you did get pregnant the egg and sperm are just floating together. Its so hard not to think that every twinge is something related to a pregnancy. You definitely could be pregnant but I don't think you can really symptom spot until dpo5/6 at the earliest. That being said, the month I got pregnant with my second I knew probably by dpo 4 or 6 (depending on when I ovulated) that I was pregnant and people told me it was too early for symptoms. Good luck!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Duke27 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:12 am

Thanks for your reply. It's strange beca use when I got pregnant before I had twinges but they were around 5dpo. Just worried I've missed ovulatuon. Do you think I timed it ok? Qas only able to bd Tuesday morning and got my positive opk on Monday afternoon. Surely I wouldn't be ov now as I had low cervix and don't have anymore fertile cm. Was pretty sure I ov on Monday evening Tues morning but now I'm worrying. What do you think? X
Duke27
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby 860lindsey » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:02 am

Typically you ovulate 12-36 hours after your first positive. If your cm has either dried up or turned creamy then that usually indicates you are past ovulation. So based on what you said, I wouldn't think you were ovulating now. I always ovulate the day after my positive opk so if you were me, bding on Tuesday morning would have been great timing. FX
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Duke27 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:53 am

I'm just a bit worried as my cervix went down on Tuesday and the fertile cm stopped then too. Do u think I could has missed ov or can your cervix go down that quickly even if I ov on the Tuesday too? If I ov on the Monday would bd on Tuesday might of caught the egg? Sorry just driving myself crazy lol x
Duke27
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Duke27 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:54 am

I wasn't using opks ans just felt like iq was fertile so I don't know if that blazing positive I got on Monday was the first. I did one frisky which was negative but that's it x
Duke27
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby 860lindsey » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:37 am

I don't know much about cervix position. I always go off of tempting, opks, and cm. I do know that the eggs lives for 12-24 hour but the sperm need several hours to reach the egg so the latest you can bd and still have a good chance is 12 hours after ovulation. I think you definitely still have a chance but I can understand why you're trying to figure things out. The month I got pregnant again we were away and I didn't have opks and my temperatures were all over the place so I drove myself nuts trying to figure out when/if I ovulated so I knew what dpo I was. Ultimately time will tell. For me I started feeling sick within days so hopefully you won't need to wait too long.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?