TTC with thin lining. How to thicken naturally...?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC with thin lining. How to thicken naturally...?

Postby BethyJ123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:52 am

Hi all!

This is my first day on this board and I love it so far! I've been TTC for two months but it seems like longer because I've been going through lots of hormone/irregular period tests and appointments for more than a year. This month is my first month on Clomid and even though the dr told me that I will ovulate (yay!!), the chances of me getting pregnant are so low because my lining is thin. He checked my lining a day or so before ovulating and it was at a 2.2. He says the next month I should start on injectable medication. I'm hoping there are other ways to thicken my lining before I turn to more meds. I would really like to stay as natural as possible, but I understand that could take a long time. I don't know, what do you all think?

And I'm still hope, hope, hoping that I could be pregnant this month! Who knows, my lining could have thickened up before implantation! Right now I'm 4DPO with some slight cramps!

My full story & TTC journey: http://theontothenextblog.blogspot.com/
BethyJ123
Friend

Re: TTC with thin lining. How to thicken naturally...?

Postby Danaa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Clomid is known for thining the lining,you could start using femara if you don't feel comfortable with Injectables.
Sadly a lining of 2 is really bad,I doubt you can get pregnant with that lining.
Estrogen can help thicken the lining either oral pills or vaginal.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi Bethy, and welcome! I looked into some of this last month, as I was worried my lining might be thin. Turns out mine is ok, but I can maybe help point you in the right direction with some things that might help in addition to what your doctor tells you.

This was a really interesting list of things you can do at home: http://yinstill.com/self-treatment-home

I haven't read that whole page in its entirety, but it includes info on femoral artery massage and other techniques to increase bloodflow to the pelvis, which helps build your lining.

Other things I've heard of people doing are fertility centered yoga (free on YouTube) and accupuncture, again to help with bloodflow.

They also often prescribe progesterone after O if you have lining issues.

B6 can help, as it promotes red blood cell production, but if you want to try this, be aware that it may mess up the timing of your cycles and in rare cases (I'm one of those!) it can delay or prevent O.

Baby aspirin is a light blood thinner and many people take it to help with bloodflow to that region as well.

I used a pre-conception tea the cycle I got pregnant with my son. It is supposed to promote a healthy uterine environment. It includes red raspberry leaf, red clover, nettle, oatstraw, peppermint, chamomile, Dandelion leaf, and alfalfa. You can find it on Amazon if you search for "pre-conception tea by Herb Lore." I can show you the back of the package if you want to know what each ingredient does.

I hope something in there helps!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethyJ123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:56 pm

Thank you so much, I'm going to order that tea now so I can get it for next month!!
BethyJ123
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Great. :) I used it AF to O. I think I remember reading that you aren't supposed to continue red raspberry leaf if you're pregnant, so that's when I stopped, but I would imagine drinking it until you have proof of pregnancy would be fine.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:03 am

Oh my Kmary !!I kinda pissed you off huh?I have been on this site for many years,my posts are always direct and honest.
I have not said she can't get pregnant,I said WITH A LINING OF 2 you can't get pregnant because that is the truth and is not something I made up,doctors say that,I have seen a few and i know what I'm talking about.
My good luck wish comes from the heart is not sugar coating.
My direct thoughts comes from years of ttc and only someone who has been there will understand.
I will not apologize for my posts,I have never been rude with anyone.
If you have a problem with me you should pm me and not atack me when I'm posting ,is not helpful to anyone.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:23 pm

kmary239 wrote:Every body is different and just because you've "seen" it a few times does not mean squat and does not prove you know what you're talking about.
I couldn't care less if you were the owner of this site to be honest, I would still treat you the same as others and let you know what you're saying is not okay. And so because some people haven't been trying to conceive for as long as you, that means they don't understand? Whether you've been TTC for a month, 6 months or years, it does not give you the right or audacity to hurt someone or diminish their hopes. And I have never asked you once to apologize, but after seeing you "speak the truth" and "not sugar coating" peoples other posts, it was time for someone to speak up about it. Clearly your ego is too blinding to see the reality here so this will be the last time I address you in this situation and to this matter. Remember to think and put yourselves in other people's shoes before you "speak the truth".

Good for you for speaking up.
You don't know anything about me to talk about my ego.
I will always be honest bcs there is nothing worse than getting your hopes up and at the end of cycle to realize you are not pregnant....I have been very supportive on here just because you saw a few of my posts it doesn't mean you know me.
Someone who tried conceiving for a month or a few months WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND how is like to try for years and deal with infertility.
Sadly over the years I have "seen" and read lots of sad ending stories so yeah.As long as I don't say anything rude and mean i will always be here to offer my honest and direct opinions,there will be people who will appreciate it and people who won't,my intentions are good maybe I don't always know what I'm talking about but in this case I know very well that with a lining of 2 you can't have a successful pregnancy,a number of 8 and above is what doctors are looking for.I have been in their "shoes" and I respected and appreciated honest and direct posts.
And im done with explanations.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethyJ123 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:07 pm

kmary239 wrote:
Danaa wrote:Clomid is known for thining the lining,you could start using femara if you don't feel comfortable with Injectables.
Sadly a lining of 2 is really bad,I doubt you can get pregnant with that lining.
Estrogen can help thicken the lining either oral pills or vaginal.
Good luck!!

I personally don't believe this is a site where women come to hear "I doubt you can get pregnant", we will leave that up to the doctors and her body to decide. That is definitely a very negative and unneeded comment, even if you didn't mean for it to come off rude. I understand you want to be honest with someone but she did not ask for opinions that are diminishing and make her feel hopeless. This is a site where we promote positive vibes and give each other hope, not telling each other that there isn't a chance you can get pregnant. In my eyes, if you don't have anything positive to say to a women in this vulnerable and heartbreaking time, please don't say anything at all. At sugar coating it with a "Good luck" does not make it any better.

Beth - I've heard that pineapple eaten over time is helpful for the lining, as well as many teas like Raspberry leaf & Peppermint. I know you don't want to take any medication but maybe talk to your doctor about it first but maybe research "Baby Aspirin". I've heard so many success stories with it! I really do hope you get pregnant and have a wonderful pregnancy and healthy baby! Mwah xoxo

Thanks for your suggestions Kmary! I already ordered some of that tea people have been talking about. And it's a good thing I love pineapple ;) Hoping these will help me next month!
BethyJ123
Friend

Postby LeahsMom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 pm

WOW. I am getting pretty sick of logging onto this site to see someones thread turn into an unhelpful and unnecessary argument because someone decides to pick another user apart for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

Bethy, I hope your first day on these boards hasn't been too badly jaded. Apparently people need to be afraid to give their honest opinions on this site. I agree that a switch to Femara could help you as it will assist with Ovulation and shouldnt interfere with you natural lining. I'm wishing you tons of luck!! Has your doctor recommended anything for you to try? I see an RE regularly myself, shes one of the best in the country (Canada). I wouldn't mind asking her recommendations if you're not bothered by it.

Now, I digress...There is absolutely not a single thing wrong with what Dana said, hell, even Bethy's doctor said the same thing. Personally, I don't come on this site to ask for advice and be lied to, but that's just me. I also don't think I'd be feeling all of this pain had I conceived after a month cause I can tell you know, TTC my daughter was super easy and even though I had a chemical before her, the heartbreak does not compare to TTC #2 in the slightest. Dana gave her honest opinion and even mentioned two ways for Bethy to help our her situation, I guess she was in the wrong for trying to be helpful.

Also, personally speaking, I don't think people come to this site to be misguided either. Shame on you kmary. Why don't you have a look through Dana's 8000+ posts and see how helpful she's been before you jump to all your conclusions. RIDICULOUS.
Me (Dev) - 31, DH - 32
DD born March 3, 2013 (conceived after just 2 cycles, first cycle was a chemical pregnancy)
TTC #2 September 2014
April 2017 - 3rd round of 100 mg Clomid + 250mg Ovidrel + 400mg Prometrium daily after O - :bfp:
(after 2.5 years of trying & first cycle using softcups)
Beta #1 (12dpo) - 4
Beta #2 (15dpo) - 35
Beta #3 (17dpo) - 142.3

My Ovulation Chart

LeahsMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethyJ123 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks Leahsmom! My doctor right now is an RE, but any other info you have would be great! Every time I go in I end up getting flustered or upset so I don't get to ask all of the questions I want to. Next time I see him (which will most likely be when I get my period in about 9 days) I'm going in with a written LIST of questions that I'll write ahead of time ;) that way hopefully we can talk about ALL the options.

And to everyone - I'm not upset from this thread at all! I already knew that my lining was thin, so it's not news to me that my chances of getting pregnant are super teeny tiny. I do understand where each and every one of you is coming from though. Thank you all for the support :)
BethyJ123
Friend

Postby LeahsMom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:10 pm

She already addressed what she meant. She said she doubted she would get pregnant WITH THAT LINING. Keep reading the post and just when you think you've got it, read it once more.

Great you e received support, I have as well for sticking up for Dana
Me (Dev) - 31, DH - 32
DD born March 3, 2013 (conceived after just 2 cycles, first cycle was a chemical pregnancy)
TTC #2 September 2014
April 2017 - 3rd round of 100 mg Clomid + 250mg Ovidrel + 400mg Prometrium daily after O - :bfp:
Beta #1 (12dpo) - 4
Beta #2 (15dpo) - 35
Beta #3 (17dpo) - 142.3

My Ovulation Chart

LeahsMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LeahsMom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Bethy, I'll definitely ask next time I see her! I used to have that issue with being flustered so I started writing down all my questions and wouldn't leave until I asked all of them!
Me (Dev) - 31, DH - 32
TTC #2 September 2014
Beta #1 (12dpo) - 4
Beta #2 (15dpo) - 35
Beta #3 (17dpo) - 142.3

My Ovulation Chart

LeahsMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BethyJ123 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:18 pm

LeahsMom wrote:Bethy, I'll definitely ask next time I see her! I used to have that issue with being flustered so I started writing down all my questions and wouldn't leave until I asked all of them!

Yay! Oh I am definitely doing that this time around! :wink:

I also just got my special tea in the mail. Excited to start using it in a few weeks! My uterus won't know what's going on HA!
BethyJ123
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?