Static shocks a symptom???

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Static shocks a symptom???

Postby Lishy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi girls, hope you don't mind me jumping in but I've been doing a lot of research recently but I'm a bit of a newb. We're in the TWW, fifth cycle trying and nothing as yet. I'm 27 and never been pregnant before - came off the pill in Sept 2016 after over 10 years. My av. cycle is 30 days (but this has ranged from 28-34 since coming off the pill). Today I'm on cd33 and no AF or AF symptoms. I'm unsure as to when I may have ovulated but I had unusual cramps (like AF/ov) from cd19-22 and have been bding a lot since cd16 (which is when app said I was most fertile) through to cd22. Hpt (digital) yesterday morning = BFN. AF due yesterday according to app. Lots of weird dreams, heat, dry itchy skin and cramping for past three weeks on and off (unusual for me). Also getting static shocks off everything! Not sure if this is related but wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same thing? Doing my head in!
Any thoughts? x
Lishy

Re: Static shocks a symptom???

Postby 860lindsey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:40 pm

The digital tests require a much higher level of the pregnancy hormone. I would try a First Response Early Response. With my second pregnancy I got a positive on that 2 days before my period was due but got negatives on the digital tests for the next four days until 2 days after af was due. I think the FRER can detect the pregnancy hormone when it is a 6 where as the digitals are between 25-50.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Lishy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:03 am

Thanks Lindsey, I will endeavour to get hold of some FRER and will try testing again tomorrow. CD34 now and still no sign of AF or AF symptoms. Having said that I am full of a cold and have been on the toilet quite a lot - bit of a bug perhaps. You don't happen to know whether this may affect your cycle do you? Of course, testing will be the only way to know but I'd be keen to hear your early preg symptoms while I wait :D I'm feeling hopeful! Last night I had a poor sleep, lots of vivid dreams that kept waking me up. Also a very rumbly tummy - like I'm really hungry, all the time. And I'm still interested in the static shock thing - any ladies experienced this at all? TIA x
Lishy

Postby 860lindsey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:14 am

Hi, illness will delay ovulation but not your actual period. So your period might be late one month because you are sick but that's because you ovulated later. i think it's a good idea to try a First Response Early Response tomorrow. Please let me know if you get a positive, very excited for you. With my first, I didn't really have too many symptoms. I always spot a few days before AF shows so the not spotting was my biggest clue. With my second though I was super bloated on dpo 11 and stayed that way until the bloating turned into a baby bump. I was not really sick on my stomach but the idea of food was off putting and nothing sounded appealing. I had a stuffy nose/sore throats and that has continued throughout the pregnancy. I also noticed that my hair wasn't falling out like it normally does in the shower. I don't know anything about the static shock as a symptom but I'm very courious. Our bodies do crazy things during pregnancy so who knows:)
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Lishy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:48 am

Brill I will defo keep you updated. It has definitely been a weird month for me - i've never had cramps in the middle of my cycle (and they were quite painful, also alternated from left pelvic area to right), and I've never been this late without any AF cramping or spotting. Today I have been having funny pulling feelings in my left pelvic side... not uncomfortable but strange. And as I mentioned, I've had a bit of diarrhoea for the past day or two as well as stuffy nose and tight throat - similar to your symptoms! Usually before AF arrives I have AF cramping which brings on loose bowels (but not diarrhoea) and then I will start to bleed but nothing! CM is very wet and white, not thick or sticky or dry at all. So this is all brand new! I will defo take a FRER tomorrow and keep you posted :) many many thanks xx PS are you also trying TTC at the moment? If so would love to hear about your experience also :)
Lishy

Postby 860lindsey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:10 am

After reading your post, i remembered that with both of my pregnancies I had vivid dreams too that lasted throughout my first trimester. I'm not ttc right now I'm actually 19 weeks pregnant. This site really helped me, especially when we first started trying so I like to read people's posts still and try to respond. With our first, I spent months reading everything I could about fertility and trying to conceive. I changed my diet, temped, used opks, checked cm, bd every other day, everything I could think to do. I thought ttc would be a special time for my husband and I but I put way too much pressure on us. With this second pregnancy we weren't preventing but weren't officially trying yet either. FX for you, it sounds very promising this month!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Lishy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi Lindsey, just wanted to update although there is not much to say! Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way! And thank you for taking the time to help us others :) ... so I have still not had time to get a FRER - my man has stocked up on digital tests (there are loads in the cupboard) so today (CD36) I decided to test with one of these again... BFN. I know I need to get hold of FRER but I've been doing some reading about cycles after coming off the pill. Still no AF obviously and so I wonder if my cycles are still up the shoot and perhaps that's why... In a way I'm nervous about FRER in case it is BFN but I will pluck up the courage soon - maybe just wait a little while longer. Like I say this is the latest I have ever been and still no AF symptoms, although CM seems to have dried up. So gonna wait a few more days and see what happens. And no static shocks today! I will be disappointed if she comes but it could also be a sign that my cycles are sorting themselves out (apparently there may be a long one before they become "regular" again). Frustrating when you know that people get pregnant so easily just by missing a pill when they've been on it for years!! Anyways I just wanted to let you know :) x
Lishy

Postby 860lindsey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 am

When I stopped the pill it took 7 weeks for me to ovulate so a total of 9 weeks for my period to start after my last pill. After that month my cycles were anywhere from 37 days to 26. I wouldn't say they ever got normal because one month I would ovulate on day 14 and the next month not until day 19. Opks were very helpful for me. We just bd every other day after about day10 so I knew we were covered but I liked knowing what my body was doing. I was also temping. This helped me know exactly when my period was due because no matter when I ovulated I would always start 12 days later. If your not using opks or taking your temperature I would recommend starting just to give you more of an idea what's going on. That is of course if your not already pregnant because I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby bumblebee88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:56 pm

I never would think static shocks would be a pregnancy symptom, but I am 12DPO and I have experienced several static shocks in the last week or so. Maybe we've been walking differently and dragging our feet more? I don't think it's related, but it's so weird you brought it up!
bumblebee88

Re: Static shocks a symptom??? CD41 and BFN

Postby Lishy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:46 am

Well ladies I'm now on CD41 and still no sign of AF! FRER this morning and BFN :( I have no idea what is going on! Watery CM, boobs are massive...could I have just skipped a period maybe? Yes Lindsey if we're out of luck this time round then I will defo start using OPKs and temping. That's the next step. Just so weird that AF hasn't shown up yet and still getting BFNs... does anybody know why this might be?
Lishy

Postby Lishy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:38 am

And not long after I sent the message above, brown spotting... methinks the witch is here. Boo!
Lishy

Postby 860lindsey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Aww I'm sorry. FX for you next month. Good luck with temping and opks. I've temped for about two years before and after having my first (before to get pregnant/after a way of natural family planning) so let me know if you have any questions.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Lishy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks Lindsey, well after a 41 day wait, it's a heavy and painful AF indeed! :/ ... BUT onwards and upwards. I have just ordered basal temp thermometer with 30 OPKs AND some fertility lube :) Damn we're gonna get cracking this month! Looking forward to it! ;) Will be sure to keep you updated. Thanks again x
Lishy

Postby Lishy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:25 am

Hi all well I'm on CD25 and I have been having my static shocks BIG TIME for the past 3/4 days. Mad! Everything metal = static shock. Started (poorly) temping and opking this month so just wanted to tell you where I was at. As I said, I've been crap at keeping it up but here's what I've got so far:

CD 1-3 AF (very short - heavy on first day as mentioned in above post but only lasted 3 days, v light after first day - unusual for me but then so is a 41 day cycle!!)
CD 4-13 No Data (or nothing of significance)
CD 14 BDd
CD 15 Diarrhea (fertile window begins according to app)
CD 16 BBT and OPK kits arrived :) Creamy CM, BBT 97.27 - "almost" positive OPK! Could have been positive but not sure.
CD 17 BBT97.23, another unclear OPK but strong line
CD 18 no data
CD 19 increased sex drive, negative OPK, BBT 98.04!!
CD 20 BDd (fertile window ended according to app)
CD 21 no data
CD 22 BBT 97.27 negative OPK
CD 23/24 neg OPK - Diarrhea
CD 24 cont. BBT 96.58 Really hungry, can't stop eating! Right pelvic pain/cramps, watery cm
CD 25 weepy, gassy, creamy CM (app suggests this cm indicates I could be still in fertile window) Neg OPK :/ BBT 97.48 but not taken in morning so prob not accurate.

Very vivid dreams for past few nights, VERY hungry (not like me), very gassy and loose bowels, and very static!!! Any thoughts ladies?? I think I may have od'd on CD16 which (if correct) would put me at 9 days DPO.

Oh and Lindsey! Do my temps seem normal? Elevated to 98f on CD19 but dipped to 96f on CD24... seems my 'regular' temp is around 97f but I know i need to do it properly next month to be able to take much info from these temps :/ I'm being impatient and wondered if these temps alone meant anything to you? But won't expect much! :)

Thoughts appreciated :) xx
Lishy

Postby bumblebee88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Last month I was having every textbook pregnancy symptom and when someone mentioned static shocks, I went nuts because I realized I HAD been getting them lately.

AF was right on time. I don't think static shocks are a symptom... but I suppose if you are pregnant and tired that you might drag your feet more? Good luck!
bumblebee88

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?