No PMS, AF late, BFN... +OPK???

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

No PMS, AF late, BFN... +OPK???

Postby bumblebee88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Today is CD 31. AF was due yesterday. I took an HPT this morning with FMU and got a BFN. I used the same urine for an OPK and it was instantly dark positive (I was just curious).

Other symptoms: big fat NOTHING!!! I always get huge big painful BBs from 1 DPO until the day before AF, bloating, gas, and low energy. I have not felt ANY of that. My boobs are normal size, not hard or painful at all. No cramping, no bloating, no gas, and I feel pretty darn good to be honest.

What the heck, what is going on!? Anyone experience this before or know of someone with this? Did they get AF or BFP?

This is our 11th month TTC #1 and we're REALLY hoping for a BFP!
bumblebee88

Re: No PMS, AF late, BFN... +OPK???

Postby bumblebee88 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:20 am

Update: STILL no AF! And no sign of the witch!!! I was expecting AF 4 days ago.

Will test again on the weekend.
bumblebee88

Postby bumblebee88 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:07 am

Still no AF. Expected it 5 days ago.

Took an opk again this morning and it was very dark red positive again. They match my O day opks exactly. I'm not sure what to think. I usually only take opks until like CD 19 once it goes negative and its always clearly negative except for cd 17 and 18. If today's opk was negative I would've taken it for a late cycle and waited another week for AF, but this means now that it's been stark positive for at least 4 days. I guess I'm either pg or annovulatory.

I tested last weekend on a CVS one step brand test and I'm not sure if I trust it. It was a 5 pk and the first 2 I used from the box I dipped in urine for the full 5 seconds and it didn't even develop so last weekend I dipped it for 7. Idk if that could cause a false BFN or not...

I have a FRER but I don't want to waste it on the chance this is an annovulatory cycle! I'm thinking I will go buy dollar store cheapies tomorrow to test on first since I've been reading stories where women got BFN 7 days late but then a BFP 9 days late.
bumblebee88

Postby MomO2Wants3 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:57 am

Did you get you bfp...bumblebee88???
MomO2Wants3
Friend

Postby MomO2Wants3 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:05 am

I am in the same boat that you are in but AF not officially late until Sunday, but I have No AF symptoms.....
I am normally bloated...and I am not. I was bloated during the week of ovulation and that was it. I have a minor backache and a few bubbles in my gut. It feels like my back is spreading slowly or something but I can bare it cause it is a dull pain. My boobs are not sore at all and I normally have slightly sore boobs a day or two before atleast. I actually started giving up hope because Ive been getting bfns on all my tests but many were too early. Hopefully its just taking your body a while to produce hcg! Im praying that you get you bfp, because this will give me hope that mine is soon to come. Sticky Baby Dust to you!!!
MomO2Wants3
Friend

Postby bumblebee88 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:23 am

Thanks for cheering me on ladies! I hope you get your BFPs too!

No BFP yet. I have not tested since a BFN on CD 31 and would like to wait until CD 38. Today is CD 36 and still no sign of AF! Definitely not out yet!

I have a thread on general TTC too from like CD 28 when I was sooo sure I wasn't pg bc DH and I only BD'd 1x in the week before I thought I would O! Well, now I'm thinking it's totally possible that I O'd later in the week, and it so happens we BD'd several times after bc the pressure was off lol. That could mean that I'm pg but not as far along as I'd think! Here's to hoping! (:
bumblebee88

Postby bumblebee88 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 am

Well, tested with FMU and got a stark BFN. Also did an opk and got another pos. It is a huge heartbreak. I am sure this an annovulatory cycle or undiagnosed PCOS or something. )':

I took a vitex and drank a cup of raspberry leaf tea to help my body do whatever it needs to do to move on to the next cycle. It is month 12 and it is basically being stolen from us. After AF shows, we're off to get a fertility eval.
bumblebee88

Postby bumblebee88 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:16 pm

HELLOOOOO CD 45 [nearly CD 46]. Still no AF. BFN on CD 43 with FMU.

This SUCKS!!! I am not stressed or sick or anything. I stopped bc 1 yr, 3 months ago. This has to be a completely random annovulatory phase, right?

I'm going to update on the outcome for any woman going through this situation no matter what it is. I read so many threads and 98% the OP never wrote if they got AF or BFP or diagnosis of PCOS or whatever else.
bumblebee88

Postby Twacky » Mon May 15, 2017 8:12 am

sorry you're going through this confusing wait. I have no answers for you, just wanted to say in my 30's I charted for 4 years and was having relatively predictable 35 day cycles, out of nowhere I had a 72 day cycle for no apparent reason. I kept watching my signs and temping and ovulated on cd 60!
Good luck and keep us in the loop.
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bumblebee88 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:38 am

Thanks! Yes, I obsessively Googled this weeks ago and learned this happens to women every once in a while. I truly don't think I'd mind if I wasn't TTC... this month was the 12 month mark and I'm feeling like month 11 and 12 were basically stolen from me.

Sooo today is CD 53. I am 1 week out from expected AF if I have just skipped a cycle.... however, I am still seemingly experiencing no PMS symptoms. Normally PMS shows up within 2 days after AF... but what the hay this is obviously not a normal cycle.

I went to my GP last Wednesday, and she is having me do labs for a variety of things that could cause this. I'm thankful for my GP to be so supportive of my plans to TTC, otherwise I may not have had this opportunity, and it will give me peace of mind, even if I get bad news.

Next update to come at either AF or lab results! The shitty thing is that for my career, it is important that I not have a baby between April and September... so June is our last chance to conceive until the end of December! /=
bumblebee88

Postby MRS.K80 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:28 am

Hey bumblebee88!

Just wondering how your appointment went? I hope everything comes back ok so you can get back to ttc! I cant begin to imagine how frustrated you must feel!

Good luck! Fingers crossed that June will be your month!
TTC#1
Started Feb 2017

Im 29yo
DH 28yo
Stepson 8yo (would love a sibling!!!)
MRS.K80
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bumblebee88 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:30 pm

I had an appointment a couple weeks ago, and the DR ordered lab tests to check for PCOS and do a metabolic panel as well. Due to my work schedule, I am only able to make it to the lab on Saturdays, and I was busy last Saturday, so I just got the labs done yesterday! I will hopefully have results this week, however my DR may wait until me next appt which I think is in 2 weeks.

Today is CD 59. I am VERY frustrated. I developed extreme pain in my right ovary area last Monday, it got worse and worse through Wednesday. I felt so sick and had pain with every step. I was worried that I had appendicitis. Gastro relief meds did nothing, pms relief meds did the trick. Guessing it was a cyst. It decreased as of Friday, but BD is painful at that spot still. I'm thinking PCOS is likely. I have also developed pms symptoms this week, sore breasts and a small breakout. I think AF will show up this week based upon that.

Whole thing feels hopeless. Wondering if I should give up and set my sights to adoption. I've been through hell in the past year TTC and coming off BC has wreaked havoc on my body. I honestly felt great on BC and I feel I deserve to live without the extreme ups and downs. Back story: I switched from Depo to pills a few years ago and developed extreme pain most months while on the pills. My GYN would schedule ultrasounds but go figure the pain would always go away by the time I got the ultrasound done like 1.5-2 weeks later. I was REALLY hoping it was a fluke.
bumblebee88

Postby MRS.K80 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:15 am

Don't give up hope bumblebee88! Looking into adoption is a great idea but don't stop trying in the meantime! I had a close friend that spent years trying to conceive... finally her and her DH decided to look into adoption. Well, wouldn't you know, a couple months after researching adoption, she got her BFP!!! She now has a beautiful baby boy and baby #2 is on its way!!!

I am sorry that you are going through all the medical issues though... hopefully your tests will give you some insight and you can move on from there. Please let me know how everything turns out! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Also, I looooved being on bc. I used the pill for years. Without the pill, I get really moody and depressed and I have rather painful cramps. BC pills really helped level everything out for me. I have, however, been off bc for about 5-6 years now. I have kind of just learned to deal with the pain and I now take Celexa and that helps keep my moods for 'normal'

Again, please keep me posted! I hope things turn out ok!
TTC#1
Started Feb 2017

Im 29yo
DH 28yo
Stepson 8yo (would love a sibling!!!)
MRS.K80
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jld8222 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Sorry to jump in, but I actually had an annovlulatory cycle in March and I think it's happening again this month. It's not necessarily indicative of PCOS. My doctor checked for me (okay, I begged and she gave in) and nothing appeared to be wrong. She said it may be related to my having endometriosis, but that sometimes your body just does these things. I hope evertthing works out well for you. Good luck on your blood work!
jld8222
Friend

Postby bumblebee88 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:51 am

I promised an update, so here it is:

I got my period on 06/02. My cycle ended up lasting for 63 days. With my cycles usually lasting 30 days, it came just about when expected. My period lasted 6 days, exactly as it has and it was a regular flow with usual symptoms.

I think I may have worked myself up, as everything seems to be normal now. I was def built up with hormones! Today is CD 13, so if ovulation happens when I think it will I have 5 days to go. I'm starting OPK strips tomorrow so I can have the data this month.

Dr. did not call, send letter, or update patient portal. My Dr. is really not on the ball...ever... so I will have to wait until my upcoming appointment. I will update with results.
bumblebee88

Next

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?