Confusing tests! Opinions please!

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Confusing tests! Opinions please!

Postby sonataw » Fri May 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi everyone! My husband and I are TTC baby #2. Our first pregnancy had clear positives and resulted in a healthy baby. This time we're left very confused! I'll just get right to this timeline:

5/2: faint positive wondfo test

5/3: (day of missed period) 2 more faint positives wondfo tests/ husband pees on one to test for evap lines and its completely blank (no second line at all) / *positive digital test* (clearblue digital)

5/4: went into doctor to test (urine only) - comes back negative, said to come back next week. came home and took another wondfo test, faint but visible line.

5/5: (today) 2 more faint wondfo tests / Took FRER and saw a squinter second line (less visible than wondfo). But just now got a faint but clear positive on ClearBlue (regular test) - see picture. Have some cramping today.
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
ClearBlue test from today
FullSizeRender-2.jpg (47.88 KiB) Viewed 625 times

I've read so many possible outcomes but just wanted to finally post and get anyone's opinion from experience. Does this seem like a possible chemical pregnancy? The positive digital test followed by a negative at the doctor is what confuses me the most. They said they want me to come back in next week to test again, that maybe it was diluted urine.

Thanks everyone!
sonataw

Re: Confusing tests! Opinions please!

Postby 860lindsey » Fri May 05, 2017 6:27 pm

From my experience I'm surprised that you got a positive digital when you were getting only faint positives on the other tests. with my current pregnancy, i got a faint positive on Monday with FRER but it took until Thursday to get a positive on the clear blue digital. I would say test again with the digital after a long urine hold so there isn't a chance of it being diluted. If you get another positive I would say congratulations. If it's negative I would assume your experiencing a chemical. Best of luck!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby 860lindsey » Fri May 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Just wanted to add, that picture looks clearly positive:)
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sonataw » Fri May 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! It did look very positive to me, and I'm normally pretty skeptical about results. The digital positive a couple of days ago was so confusing, especially because I was getting faint positives on other tests. After I posted this I started getting cramping and light spotting so I'm assuming it's been a chemical, but I'll wait until morning to try another test because it's been very light. Last time around it was so straight forward, so this has been a very emotional few days! Thanks again :)
sonataw

Postby Mamabear2 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Looks pretty positive, so congrats! (When I experienced my chemical, lines were SUPER faint even one week after AF was due.) bleeding and cramping started a couple days after that and then no visible lines at all. Hope all is well!
Mamabear2

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?