10DPO and my Body is Driving Me Insane

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

10DPO and my Body is Driving Me Insane

Postby puddlemama » Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 am

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this board, so hello!

I'm a married 29 year old queer lady who is on her very first cycle trying to conceive. I received a faint positive line on 8dpo, but yesterday it disappeared. I started spotting yesterday (CD23 - I never spot until CD29-CD30) very lightly and have been a bit unsettled in my stomach today/generally feel like I'm coming down with a cold.

I have PCOS and I'm overweight, so the idea of being able to have a baby is so foreign and out of reach feeling for me. I'm afraid I'm causing my body to spot and my breasts to hurt and I was able to smell my wife's drink from across the room today. I also am kind of worried that my body is freaking out with the introduction of semen - like maybe just having the chemical changes of the semen entering my body have caused my hormones to go wacky? I don't know, but I definitely have felt like crud since ovulating.

Anyways, I'm being cautiously optimistic and resisting the urge to pee on everything that comes my way.

Nice to meet everyone!
puddlemama

Re: 10DPO and my Body is Driving Me Insane

Postby Slick » Wed May 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Hiya! Were both tests done in the morning? I think HCG is better detected in morning pee (don't quote me on that!). I realised a lot of my symptoms are normal post ovulation/progesterone stuff that happens, have you kept a diary of symptoms? I'm trying to ignore stuff that happened in previous cycles cos it was driving me a bit mental.

Not sure if semen can do stuff to you but i think a lot of women seem to get stuffy noses etc after ovulation, I know I get bouts of nausea (thanks progesterone). My sense of smell gets really sharp around AF, literally develop a meat aversion for about a week and I'm a proper carnivore! So it may all mean something, it may not!

On the whole though spotting plus a sign of BFP sound really good!! I would just test again in the morning. Good luck!! Keep us updated and please feel free to post pictures of pee sticks, I'm obsessed with those things!
Slick

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?