6 Months Postpartum - No Period - Pregnant?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

6 Months Postpartum - No Period - Pregnant?

Postby Pimpquiqui » Thu May 25, 2017 11:52 am

So, I've been having symptoms for 2 weeks now. I have not had a postpartum period so I have no idea if I've had a cycle. I finally had a test that I think showed a line (but it was weird, only one sliver of the cross showed during the testing window) so I went to the doctor to get a quantitative blood test and they said the levels equalled not pregnant.

I am breastfeeding and started solids at 4 months (he's 6 months now) and I'm on the mini pill, but missed one day that we did have sex.

For the past 2 weeks I've had regular afternoon nausea, more bowel movements than normal (typically I'm stopped up!), unbelievably tired, clumsy, light headed, light cramping - every symptom I had for my last baby. Could it be my period trying to start up, or is it too early to get a positive? I didn't particularly want to get pregnant now, but I'd take it. Right now, I just feel like I am crazy because I've had all of these symptoms and if I'm NOT pregnant, what heck is wrong with me?! And if it is my period, when will it finally show itself?

What do you guys think? Has anyone had a blood test be wrong?
Missed miscarriage at 8 weeks - 6/22/15
Miscarriage 9 weeks - 10/2/15
Started thyroid meds - 11/19/15
Had my rainbow baby - 11/14/16
Trying to figure out if I'm pregnant again!
Pimpquiqui
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: 6 Months Postpartum - No Period - Pregnant?

Postby Danaa » Thu May 25, 2017 2:38 pm

Blood tests are rarely wrong but it might have been to early when you had the test done,have you tried another test ?what were your levels exactly?
As for ur period,I really don't know what to say.Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 6 Months Postpartum - No Period - Pregnant?

Postby Pimpquiqui » Thu May 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Thanks for replying Danaa!
I am out of tests because I have tested like a crazy person for the last 2 weeks. lol.

I am kicking myself because I didn't ask what the level was specifically when they called. I am assuming it's below 5, because that's the threshold for pregnant or not, right?

I figure I'll wait to test for a week because of the fact that it might have been early or that hopefully my period would start by then.
Missed miscarriage at 8 weeks - 6/22/15
Miscarriage 9 weeks - 10/2/15
Started thyroid meds - 11/19/15
Had my rainbow baby - 11/14/16
Trying to figure out if I'm pregnant again!
Pimpquiqui
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?