Help! 8 or 9 DPO, driving self crazy

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help! 8 or 9 DPO, driving self crazy

Postby dlothcreb » Fri May 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Help! I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out if I am pregnant or if it's just random other symptoms.

This is my first month off the pill. However (a little backstory), I severely messed up my pill last month while traveling internationally and started bleeding mid-cycle, cramping, and BBS started hurting. I think I might have started O last month while still "on" the pill, but because I've been on the pill for years, I don't really know how long my cycle is or when I should have started O this month. That's partially why I'm driving myself crazy.

To make matters more complicated, we were traveling Down Under this month, and so my dates are all screwed up in the app I'm using.

Anyhow, this month, we decided to officially go off and start TTC. Here's the timeline:

May 5th: AF
May 7th: last day of AF
May 13th: BD
May 14th: Constipation, bloating, and cramps.
May 15th: Constipation, bloating, severe cramps, and lower backache
May 16th: Constipation, bloating, cramps, had to constantly pee, headaches, and extreme tiredness
May 17th: CM indicating O
May 18th: predicted O day according to this random app I'm using
May 19th: took a test, even though I knew it was too early; BFN
May 24th: in addition to continued constipation and bloating, started experiencing severe metallic taste in mouth; BFN
May 25th: BBS started to feel shooting pains; metallic taste in mouth; BFN
May 26th: (today); BBS feeling sore, metallic taste in mouth, constipation, bloating

I bought a pack of HPT and have been tearing through them one a day, but it's starting to get old. I know I just need to wait until next week, and I wish I had never taken the HPT and received, like, four BFN, because otherwise I'd be happily convinced I'm PG. My symptoms mimic those of my first PGY (when I waited until five days for my one and only HPT and received a BFP.)

I thiiink, but am not sure, that AF is expected to come at some point mid next week: around the 31st or 1st, probably.

Thanks for your help!
dlothcreb
Friend

Re: Help! 8 or 9 DPO, driving self crazy

Postby Danaa » Mon May 29, 2017 9:27 am

This being ur first cycle after pill it will take some time to learn how long ur cycles are and what ur body is doing .
I can't say you are pregnant or not but I hope everything works out for you.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:15 am

Hi,

Your symptoms sound promising but I would be very hesitant with just coming off the pill. Also you wont experience pregnancy symptoms until implantation which generally occurs around 7 or 8 dpo depending on the person. Any symptoms earlier than this are considered to be progesterone created and any symptoms prior to ovulation more likely pre ovulation symptoms....Did you have a withdrawal bleed and then a period or only a withdrawal bleed when you came off the pill? Because you wont start of ovulate until you have an actual period after your withdrawal bleed. On top of this it can take you a couple of cycles to regularly ovulate etc. How are you tracking your O day? Temping or OPKs?
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dlothcreb » Mon May 29, 2017 11:12 am

Thank you so much for the reply!

I had a withdrawal bleed in early April, and then a period in early May. Last time I got pregnant with my first, it was similar timing: I went off the pill, and then got pregnant immediately. (We didn't expect it to happen so quickly.) I haven't been charting my O day, but I plan to starting after this month's AF.

I took a HPT yesterday and there was a faint positive, but it was a blue dye stick and after about 10 minutes, so I think it might have been an EVAP line. My husband and I immediately ran out to the store to buy a FRER, but it was negative. :( That was super demoralizing. AF is due probably Thursday.

I know it probably seems silly to be so apprehensive about having it happen as quickly as possible, but we found out that my father is dying of cancer and has an 11 month prognosis, so we are keen to have him meet a second grandchild. I wish we had started trying last year.
dlothcreb
Friend

Postby dlothcreb » Mon May 29, 2017 11:14 am

Oh, I forgot to mention. On Friday night (3 days ago), I suddenly felt sharp, shooting pains in the lower left-hand side of my pelvis - it was so intense that I doubled over for a second and cried out. It continued off and on for maybe 5 minutes, and then gradually went away, although I was still a little sore the next day. I thiiiink that might have been implantation?
dlothcreb
Friend

Postby dlothcreb » Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am

Danaa wrote:This being ur first cycle after pill it will take some time to learn how long ur cycles are and what ur body is doing .
I can't say you are pregnant or not but I hope everything works out for you.
Good luck!!

Thank you Danaa! Good luck and baby dust to you, too!
dlothcreb
Friend

Postby Shia17 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:58 am

Hi,

Do you current symptoms mirror your previous pregnancy? That is probably the best indication to go off. If you have had your withdrawal bleed and then another period I would imagine you are ovulating. However, best way to determine ovulation time is OPKs and Temping as far as I am aware anyway :P if AF does show maybe give that a try :) Wishing you luck and keep us posted :)
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dlothcreb » Mon May 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Shia17 wrote:Hi,

Do you current symptoms mirror your previous pregnancy?

They do mimic the old symptoms (especially the bloat, constipation, and metallic taste in the mouth), although with my last pregnancy, I didn't take a HPT until 5 days after AF was supposed to arrive. I was much less in tune with my body then (and there was much less internal pressure to get pregnant), so I was very laissez-faire about it.

Thinking of getting an OPT test today and trying again! Promised myself I would hold off on my last FRER until at least AF is due (Thurs, I think).
dlothcreb
Friend

Postby Shia17 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:13 am

Hi,

It's a good sign if your current symptoms are similar to your previous ones..Or so I have read..Did you end up testing again? How many DPO are you?
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dlothcreb » Tue May 30, 2017 12:18 pm

AF came today!! So, I am, indeed, crazy.

Alas. Giving it a go this month, and at least now I can properly chart. I will keep you all posted!
dlothcreb
Friend

Postby dlothcreb » Tue May 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Wondering if it's going to take a couple of months for my cycle to regulate, because I've never had an AF like this. I woke up with very light bleeding, and a few hours later, it's basically already gone.
dlothcreb
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?