Early AF?! :( 11dpo

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Early AF?! :( 11dpo

Postby Murrie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:19 pm

So today I am 11dpo. I have been having extreme acid reflux and heartburn. I never experience this normally but with my last pregnancy (ended in april with losing the baby at 17 weeks), mild heartburn was my first out of the Ordinary sign that something was up. So as this progressed and got stronger, and I started having mood swings and major fatigue, I took a test on Sunday at 9dpo. I know it's way early but there was a line, even at night. Monday morning I took another and there was a stronger still faint line. I'm on a work trip so decided to wait til Friday to test again.
Today I woke up (11dpo) with TONS of canker sores in my mouth. It's so bad I had no desire to eat all day.. between those and the burning in my throat from the reflux I had to remember to keep drinking water. Then this evening I started spotting. I'm not due for AF til Saturday so this would be pretty early for me but I feel like this might be AF.. I never experienced spotting with my prior pregnancy. I know that my dr did see some blood during my first check up, but it never spotted.
I'm just waiting it out but I'm curious if others experienced ib along with what appears to be stronger symptoms? I'm really confused.
Murrie
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Early AF?! :( 11dpo

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:27 pm

When I had some bleeding at 5 weeks with my last pregnancy, over a week after my missed AF my doctor said that that was still in the range of time that bleeding can be related to implantation. He said any time after implantation, the sensitive blood vessels in your uterine lining can get disturbed and cause some bleeding.

If you are already getting positive tests, implantation would have already occurred, but the bleeding could still be normal. My doctor said it's fairly common to have some breakthrough bleeding around the time AF is due as well.

Unfortunately this is one of those wait it out things... a chemical pregnancy can cause AF to come a little early on some occasions. But my gut says if you're seeing some spotting to light flow this far ahead of when AF is due (assuming you are sure of your O day) then this may just be some random breakthrough bleeding. Fingers crossed the latter is the case! When you get back from your trip, I'd check in with your doctor and see if they maybe want to check your progesterone levels just to make sure everything is ok in there. Good luck!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Murrie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm fairly certain of my O day based on cm, opk, and some other signs. I had a chemical back in sept but I ended up five days late for AF that time, though I suppose if it isn't viable it doesn't really matter when. I just feel like it should have been in there good to get a couple faint positives that early and to have such strong symptoms.
Ugh... sometimes I hate this stuff!

One other thought I had which I have no basis for-but do mom's of twins have more of a chance of spotting since there would be two implantations? I've read that can also cause stronger symptoms and earlier positives.. and it runs in both my and my husbands families so it's not crazy to think we could have twins. Just a thought. Really it is probably AF haha
Murrie
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Yeah, that sends like a possibility. It would only be your side of the family that matters, as only fraternal twins (releasing two eggs) could be related to genetics. Usually when two eggs are released, it's within 12 hours of each other, but I suppose it's possible they could implant at a greater interval. Only time will tell!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Murrie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Well didn't take long :( definitely AF.. on to the next one I suppose. Trying to keep my head up as this is tough coming on the heels of a prior loss. Can't control it though so I have to just move on. Thanks for your input!!
Murrie
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Aw, I'm so sorry. I had a mc in March, so I totally get it. Each AF after that was almost like it was happening all over again. I hope you get your BFP soon. <3

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?