weird period - is this implantation spotting? Help!

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

weird period - is this implantation spotting? Help!

Postby angelbabymommma » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi all. I've been creeping on here for several months and have now decided to jump in looking for answers from you ladies. My boyfriend and I have unprotected sex as we're trying to get pregnant but not charting, temping or using OPKs. I spotted on cycle days 12, 13 and 14 with 13th being the heaviest but only once each day when I wiped after using the bathroom.This is unusual for me because I never have mid cycle spotting. I get my periods every 23-27 days. I started spotting again (brown) on cycle days 20th and on. Never needed more than a pantyliner. This morning I went to the bathroom and it looked like I had started my period so I inserted a tampon. A few hours later the tampon was full but kinda reddish brown. I haven't had to use a tampon again. Now I only see blood (with a small clot each time) when I urinate. My period is usually 4 days long and goes light to heavy to the point that sometimes I stain my underwear. I wonder if this is implantation bleeding. I usually cramp several days before my period as well and I've only cramped one day like maybe once throughout the day. My second pregnancy started out like this. Bled heavy to light then I got a positive HPT. I have a doctors appt on Thursday because I'm wondering why the funky period. I'm 41 and last cycle was normal. Any thoughts?
angelbabymommma
Friend

Re: weird period - is this implantation spotting? Help!

Postby Mumov382 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:27 pm

You probably know the answer one way or another right now but for others with the same issue who may look at this thread. I have had what seem like proper periods while pregnant the ob/gyn can not tell me where the blood comes from or why. If your periods seem wierd test.
Mumov382
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?