35 and First Month TTC - Could it be possible?!

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

35 and First Month TTC - Could it be possible?!

Postby FL_NY_CA_Lady » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:41 pm

New to this site, but have been voraciously reading over the past few days.

I'm 35 and I finally got my husband to agree to go for it. We had sex only 1 time the day after I was first feeling ovulation pains at night (I get pretty strong ovulation cramping). I continued to get ovulation cramps for a couple days thereafter. Didn't use any ovulation tests.

Of course, have been obsessing ever since over every potential symptom and thought I was going crazy and probably just paying way closer attention to what my body always does. Now, I'm starting to really think this might be possible (despite 3 BFNs thus far - I'm crazy).

I've been feeling off in all sorts of ways (e.g., sensitive boobs, fallen asleep both nights during Bachelorette [travesty...], random shooting pains/cramping, etc.). Last night when I was leaving work and driving home and thereafter was definitely getting cramps of some sort; today (10dpo - based on my guesses) had a very faint color in a bit of discharge this morning and this afternoon had definite bit of brown discharge in underwear (not a lot just a tiny smear and nothing when I wiped and no more tonight), I also saw blue veins in my boobs (but who knows if i get those every month) and have been having slight moments of dizziness.

It is the brown discharge that is throwing me off and making me think this might have actually happened. I'm about 5 day out from my period and am pretty regular (have been tracking that on an app).

Could this be for real? 1 time having sex.
FL_NY_CA_Lady

Re: 35 and First Month TTC - Could it be possible?!

Postby Mumov382 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:20 am

It only takes one time I would say stay cautiously optimistic. Fingers crossed for you
Mumov382
Friend

Postby FL_NY_CA_Lady » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:27 am

Of course, today I feel nothing other than a headache which I get before my period and got a BFN again this morning.

At least for this first round, I'll will burn through gobs of pregnancy tests - mainly because of the holiday weekend and my dad and his gf are flying in tonight and will need to figure out the drinking situation pronto. I'll try to just pretend either way just in case but it will be hard bc my husband won't be here to help me cover and drink for me.

I figure if I go to dr, I won't get results back before the weekend.
FL_NY_CA_Lady

Postby Mumov382 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:26 am

Yeah results take time how are you going? I have a ton of symptoms too. This is my 4th month trying. I am testing tomorrow. I will be 35 in September no one knows I am trying because I have had miscarriages in the past when concieving my other three and I just can't deal with people's reactions if I have one again it's so hard. I just get a bit down in the two week wait because I feel like it will just be another BFN. My current partner has my kids but we would like one together it won't be too sad if it doesn't happen he loves my kids like his own it would just be nice to have that together.
Mumov382
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?