7/8 DPO Spotting - 9 DPO nothing! Implantation??

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

7/8 DPO Spotting - 9 DPO nothing! Implantation??

Postby Lishy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi Ladies,

I've posted here before about symptoms during the TWW and had some really helpful responses from many ladies in similar situations. This is my 9th month TTC after coming off the pill in Oct/Nov of last year. I'm 28 and my periods have settled down to a regular 30 day cycle (after a mammoth 41 day cycle back in Jan/Feb).

I am due AF on Aug 1st (CD30), yet I started spotting on CD25 and this carried through to CD26. Just minor brown spotting, sporadic, throughout the two days, with some minor cramping and headaches - also very tired and so HUNGRY - major appetite increase. Thought AF must be coming early (but she has never been earlier than CD28) ... However, I woke up this morning (CD27) and not a spot of blood to be seen. Had my morning poo - thought that would bring her... Nope. Nothing. Still really hungry and very tired, a little head-achey but cramps and spotting have all vanished.

I know it's early days and the only way to find out is to take a test if AF doesn't arrive on time, but I wondered if you gals had any thoughts on this at all? I usually spot before AF. But it's usually CD29/30 and then straight into full flow. I have never experienced this "spotting then nothing" thing before... Oh and I'm quite sure I am 9DPO today (CD27) so if it is a weird early AF then does that mean anything? Usually AF is 12-14 days after ovulation right?

Many thanks girls! Lish x
Lishy

Re: 7/8 DPO Spotting - 9 DPO nothing! Implantation??

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Hey lishy!
If it's implantation then you can start testing in 2 days. Good luck!
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Lishy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks Skylight :) Well today is CD28...10 DPO ... and... nothing. No more spotting, no cramping. Slight twinging in my right side. Has anyone else experienced this before? Spotting then not spotting/bleeding? I guess I just have to wait. AF may well still show... I'm very tired.. and temp dropped slightly which means it could be her. It's just that the spotting has been so early and then vanished. Weird!
Lishy

Postby Windyblue » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:25 am

I never had any spotting before we started ttc too! This cycle, ive had some light bleeding (not sure if spotting? Since ive never had it..) at CD 23/26/28. My cycles are usually 32-35 days and have also never been
Shorter than that! AF due next week.. getting the same symptoms as you too. Let me know how your situation goes!
Windyblue

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Lishy
Have you tested yet.
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby scubachic84 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:50 am

Have you tested? I wish I would spot. I feel like this would be my big sign and give me more hope, but nothing and if I implanted I'm pretty sure it happened yesterday at 8dpo (again IF) because I had the temp dip and its back up again today. Was really hoping to see those spots but nothing! Hope you got your BFP!
scubachic84
Friend

Postby Lishy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 am

Hi girls, sorry for not getting back to you - AF showed up in FULL FLOW, sooooo heavy on CD 27 (July 28th) :( ... She calmed down after the first day and was all gone by CD4 close of play... Weird to be spotting so early and for it not to mean anything... But really it was just an early AF... My app has now put my cycle at an average of 28/29 days though, which makes me feel a little better about my cycle.

Anyways, I'm now on CD19 of the next month :) Think I O'd somewhere between CD13-CD16 but not sure.. been doing the BD at the right times (according to app, temps and had a +OPK on CD15... BD'd CD13,14,16,17) and today I have a few twinges in my left side again... No spotting as yet but only potentially 3dpo (if I O'd on CD16) so not much to report.

Scubachick, WindyBlue, how did you get on? :)
Lishy

Postby serenity6 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:22 am

good luck to you, I'm dealing with something similar right now and after reading this i have even less hope that AF won't show. Hope this is the month for you! keep us posted!
serenity6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lishy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:03 am

Thank you Serenity... I have good feelings about this month. But only time will tell... My twinges are getting stronger just in my left pelvic side (only started today). I've just this minute taken OPK just to check I'm not O'ing but it's negative... which is good because I think I have definitely O'd already, as above... so it COULD be implantation. No spotting though. Please tell me a bit more about what you're going through... We can TWW together :) x
Lishy

Postby serenity6 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:41 am

thanks :D Well this is our first month TTC with our 3rd child. With my other two we conceived month 1 but I am a little older now, 37 and worry it won't be that easy. Anyway, AF is due today! I count day 1 as full force AF, usually i spot when using the bathroom a day or two and do fine with just a liner. The last two days this time around I saw a little red Monday 2x only when wiping, and yesterday a little brown when wiping and a little brown on the liner. Today so far i've seen absolutely nothing and today is usually my full force AF day. I didn't have any spotting with my other two, Except my first pregnancy i did have some brown at about 6 weeks, but nothing when AF was due. My lower abdomen feels gassy and sore and I've had breast tenderness and dizziness the last week or so. I REALLY believed I was pregnant but this spotting has left my feeling like AF is around the corner and I'm not. Only time will tell, if I continue to see nothing through tomorrow morning I plan to wake up and test. I did test 3 other times lol but I knew all 3 were pretty early, most recent was Saturday 4 days before AF and it was a BFN, which could be too early or I'm just not. Don't know what to think. The lovely waiting game :(
serenity6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby serenity6 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:38 am

just had a little more brownish red spotting when wiping....ugh I don't know what to think but I think deep down I do. Guessing I'll have AF full force by end of day or some time tomorrow.
serenity6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 am

Hi lishy and serenity!
Lishy- it seems you timed bd perfectly this cycle. Good luck!

Serenity- hope af stays away. 4 days before af is still really early. And digital tests aren't as sensitive as regular tests.

I am 5 dpo today. Of course I'm symptom spotting like crazy already but I know it's too early. My estimated ovulation day based on opks is cd15. Bd cd 10, 13, and 14 so really hopeful this cycle. More hopeful than any other cycle. Baby dust to all of us.
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby serenity6 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 am

thank you skylight, i didn't know that digital weren't as sensitive, i went digital so i didn't dream up a 2nd line that wasn't really there. I will get a different test on my way home, assuming af doesn't come before then. with my first two i knew nothing about ovulation charting, i just had sex every other day from the day my period ended for two weeks and conceived both in the first month. this time i've been using an app and my estimated Ovulation day was day17, we BD on day 11, 13, 16 and 18. also day 28 but that was just because lol, the next day, day 29 is when i saw some red when wiping and have on and off since on day 30 and today on day 1 it has turned brown. I hope this is your month! keep us posted
serenity6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lishy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Hi Serenity and Skylight! Serenity... Never lose hope but I know we do get excited about these things and that we are often left disappointed. I'm sorry I didn't realise the meaning of your post before - but of course you meant that my spotting symptoms resulting in AF may mean that the same could apply to you. But fingers crossed for you that your symptoms mean something else entirely! We are all different at the end of the day!! Skylight is right - digitals are less sensitive... much better to start HPTing with FRER. Please keep us posted and I hope that the witch stays away!

Skylight - sounds like you timed BD perfectly as well! Fingers crossed for you. Have been analysing my charts and app data and reckon I O'd on CD15/16 too. However, today I posted my chart on another thread and the feedback suggested that I had not yet O'd :( ... Not sure whether you ladies had any thoughts? Please find chart attached. Note that my +OPK was on CD15 (smiley face on clearblu digital = peak) and also that today I had those twinges (none of which you can't see on chart)... temps seemed not to correlate... But I feel like I have definitely ovulated already. Any thoughts?

I hope that this is our lucky month for all of us!

Lish x
Attachments
Fdata.PNG
fertility data cd19
(84.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lishy

Postby serenity6 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:41 am

Update: so AF was due yesterday. Just woke up and went to the bathroom using a cup. Still no AF. No brown red discharge when wiping since around 7:45 last night tested.....BFN Sigh I was really hoping. So don't know where AF is but based on this mornings test I guess it's not far away.
serenity6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?