First time TTC, looking for symptoms?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First time TTC, looking for symptoms?

Postby Aimsly » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 am

Hey ladies! I'm new to the forums, and I have been poring over posts for the past 3 days as I'm now in the TWW.

I'm new to TTC, and it is amazing how much I feel I'm just starting to learn about my body! Some background: I went on BC when I was 15 (Tri-Cyclen) to help regulate my periods and severe acne, eventually switched brands (Marvelon), and remained on BC until I was 28 when my then-boyfriend had a vasectomy, at which point I decided to go hormone-free.

Obviously having children became a priority for me, so my ex and I split up, and I promptly went back on BC. I've historically had a LOT of breakthrough bleeding mid-cycle (like a mini period!), so my doc put me on LoLoestrin in August of 2015. After a month or two, I completely stopped getting periods altogether on LoLoestrin. My last pill before TTC was June 22nd.

Cycle #1 was a bust, which I expected having come off the pill and not knowing what my cycle would be like (as I hadn't had a period in almost 2 years). My first period since coming off was July 16-19th, so I tried to time my BD around what *should* be my ovulation time.

Based on my app tracker, I should have O'd around July 30th (CD15) (my coworker thinks it's more likely that I O'd around the 25th/CD10) but my symptoms have been all over the map and didn't get my OPKs until the 28th (negative every day since CD13, so I've stopped testing as I'm sure I've passed O day).

BD: CD10, CD14, CD16, CD17, CD18
O: Somewhere between CD10-CD15
Current Stage: CD19/4DPO
Tests Taken: Negative OPKs CD13 to CD16; BFN on CD16/1DPO,

Current symptoms: Mild nausea that comes and goes, dizziness (last night), increased hunger & cravings, acne, cramping & twinges in abdominal area, body muscle aches (all over), constipation (for a week!! and I'm usually very 'regular"), creamy white CM (I've never noticed this consistency before), cervix position seems to range from high (2nd to 3rd knuckle) but then moves lower during the course of the day.

I don't know how you women do it. I'm going nuts LOOKING for symptoms in the TWW and this is only my 2nd cycle! No sore breasts, changes to nipples, sense of smell, or anything exceedingly obvious.

I'm so worried that it's going to take me a long time to get pregnant due to my BC (I also lost about 90 lbs in the past 2 years, which I've maintained - I'm not underweight, but I am at the low end of the normal BMI range for my age and height). Anywho. Hopefully something sticks soon - I just really hope my symptoms aren't AF coming around!
Aimsly
Friend

Re: First time TTC, looking for symptoms?

Postby starzz121 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi Welcome!

ive heard conflicting stories about coming off BC. Some say its takes up to a good year to come out of your system and to regulate a natural menstrual cycle, but then my OBGYN said many get pregnant straight away because the hormones go crazy but i dont really know which it is.

I think the best advice is to get in the mindset it could take some time, that way you take less pressure off yourself.

This is a great forum lots of information and people to keep you sane in the TWW.

my personal experience is i get every pregnancy symptom known to man in my TWW but all end up PMS systems - so i dont trust the twinges, the sore boobs, , being hungry, increased urination, the fatigue.... for me its always ends up PMS.
The time i get/ if i ever get pregnant i think i will have 0 symptoms :)

anyway i hope your TTC story is a short and healthy one.
starzz121
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Aimsly » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:24 am

Thanks for the response!

I think I'm out. After BF and I had sex yesterday, there was some light pink blood afterwards, and this morning there's been pink and brown when I use the washroom. My cramps and nausea are fleeting, and cervix is high but firm. Being within 1 week of AF I feel like it's not our month.
Aimsly
Friend

Postby daisyduck7 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:17 am

Glad to find I'm not the only one stressing about the 2ww. I'm also new here. I've had light spotting the last 3 days and a neg. pt this morning. It hasn't quite been 2 weeks from my positive opk yet but hard to not get discouraged. Did AF come for you?
daisyduck7

Postby Aimsly » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:37 am

AF just came this morning, a full week earlier than expected.

I know my body is still probably adjusting from coming off the pill, but my cycle length is getting oddly short - 25 days June-July, and now 21 days July-Aug. Before LoLoestrin, I was 28 days like clockwork.

Bleh. Hopefully the OPKs work out next cycle!
Aimsly
Friend

Postby matshidisottc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Good day ladies, im new to the forum. Wishing you all the best in ttc...Me at 7dpo on the 5th August 2017 i had some painless spotting covered by ewcm...quiet wierd n i dont have any preg symptoms...I havent bn ttc but im hoping a mistake happens as im 35 n have no children at all.
matshidisottc

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?