Symptoms? Thoughts?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Symptoms? Thoughts?

Postby Mrs.broyles » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:03 pm

This is probably going to be long, and I apologize ahead of time.
I'm one year post partum with no period yet. I still nurse my daughter up to 14 times a day.
It took me 10 months to get pregnant with her, and 20 days to get a very faint positive.
I've been taking opks for the past couple of months. I haven't been temping or anything with it. This month has been very strange. on the 17th, I had had 5 days of pos opks. On the 18th, they went negative. They came back positive on the 25th and have stayed that way for 10 days now. I did have one negative that I'm chalking up to a false neg due to a few hours later I decided to test again just to see and 2 tests came back positive.
I have been fighting strep so some of my symptoms stem from that. I've been super super super emotional, which isn't normal. Like crying multiple times a day, sometimes seemingly for no reason.
On the 30th, I had a lot of pinchy cramps, a horrible headache, nausea and dizziness.
31st- I woke up with strep.
1st- AF-like cramps, more cm than usual (TMI but almost felt like I was peeing myself)
2nd- AF-like cramps, more cm than usual, nausea after 2 hours of not eating
3rd- nausea and a nose bleed which never happens
4th- nausea after going just 2 hours without eating, a constant feeling of being off
Thoughts?
Mrs.broyles

Re: Symptoms? Thoughts?

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Have you tested with a hpt? Sometimes those positive opk's can be picking up HCG... ;)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.broyles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:02 am

I have but have only gotten negatives! This morning I got a super super faint positive that I'm not even sure if I just have line eyes or not. I can't get a good picture either.
Mrs.broyles

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:59 am

Hmm... As far as I know, the reason opk's go positive for some when pregnancy is that they are testing the alpha subunit that is identical in LH and HCG. So if there's enough HCG to cause the opk to go positive, you would think there would be enough of the beta subunit tested by the hpt to be just as positive. FSH also has an identical alpha subunit to those, two, and I'm not sure if it can be present during early pregnancy. I guess keep testing!

The other option is that it could be picking up FSH. Since your period hasn't returned yet, your body could be sending out a lot of FSH trying to get things started up again. Are these the first positives you've gotten since you started using the opk's a couple of months ago?

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.broyles » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:46 am

No, they're not. I've had "normal" cycles it seems without periods until now. Last month was completely normal with 2-3 days of positives and the rest negatives. It's 14 days now of positives.
Mrs.broyles

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Huh. I'm not sure what's going on then!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend