8DPO and full of a cold! Implantation symptoms?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Could this be implantation?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes
Unsure
100%

Total votes : 1

8DPO and full of a cold! Implantation symptoms?

Postby Lishy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:52 am

Hello all,

I've posted a few times about what I thought were implantation symptoms over the past few months off TTC, yet they have not turned out to be for me... However, this month I have been charting properly and using OPKs so I know where my body is at. +OPK on CD15 (clearblu smiley face) and FF has put my O date at CD16 which works with temps and +OPK. We BD'd Cd13,14,16,17 so I think we timed it pretty well this month!

Anyway, today at 8DPO, I am full of a cold. It came on yesterday and I was so tired and felt/feel really run down. Very tired, stuffy, sneezy and coughing. But also VERY hungry. Currently cooking up some lentil soup and I can't wait for it! Haha... Plus, I had a huge temp rise today (98.64) ... I have read that increased progesterone compromises the immune system so that if conception has taken place the egg can implant without being attacked as a 'foreign body' ... I wondered if anyone else has experienced this as a symptom before they got their BFP? And if anyone is currently at this stage in their cycle and wants to obsess with me then please do get in touch! :)

Other symptoms have included some left-side pelvic pain the last few days, as well as a weird pulling/twinging in the belly button (never had that before). No spotting or anything like that as yet.

Please see my latest chart attached. I'd love to know anybody's thoughts (the 'clear circles' I think are due to different times of taking temp as it was the weekend. Plus an AM BD on 6dpo ;-). But I'm fairly confident temps have been steadily rising and the huge spike today is accurate).

Many thanks, Lish x
Attachments
FF 8dpo.jpg
FF 8dpo.jpg (100.74 KiB) Viewed 784 times
Lishy

Re: 8DPO and full of a cold! Implantation symptoms?

Postby Lishy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:01 am

Oh and by the way I am 28 and hoping for my first ever pregnancy. TTC for 10 months. No issues that I'm aware of... I came off the pill in Sept 2016 and my cycles have now regulated themselves to around 29 days on average.

Any thoughts much appreciated :) xx
Lishy

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 am

Hi!
I am 10dpo and started with a cold at 7dpo. Hoping it's a symptom for the both of us!
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:54 am

I just tested with first signal Walmart brand and got a bfn. Hoping it's still too early.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Lishy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 am

Well we're not far apart Skylight so lets keep in touch during this TWW! Sorry about your BFN today but could be way too early yet. My AF is due on the 27th/28th Aug according to my apps (30 day cycle - but last month it was only 27 days which is only 3 days away - I hope she stays away!!!), but suggests to take HPT in 4 days (12dpo). When is AF due for you?
Any thoughts on my temps?
Lishy

Postby Lishy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 am

UPDATE: Just checked CP... medium/high position, hard and closed. I've no idea what that means in terms of anything... But I also had creamy cm with a little bit of bright pink blood on finger tip after checking. Nothing when I wipe. I hope this isn't going to be the same as last month where I spotted for 3 days (CD25-27) before full blown AF :/ Everything does feel different this time round though. Oh I hope so much we're on to something here!! Implantation bleed?

:noaf:
Lishy

Postby Skylight026 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

I check my cm and cp but I'm not really too familiar with it. My first though when you said blood tinged cm was implantation so I'm hoping that's the case for you.

I have a 29-30 day cycle but my lp seems to be consistent so I'm thinking af is due on august 25th. That's if I have a correct o day. I could be off by a day or 2 since I don't temp. I hope I'm not too far off because that would mean bd would've been off as well. Im still sticking to 10dpo today. Should I retest in 2 days or wait for af? I have 1 more cheap test. I'm not gonna use a frer until I see some sort of line.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Lishy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:44 am

If I were you I would try to hold off until AF is due - but I know that's easier said than done!
Well I woke up this morning to temp dip (9dpo) but still way above cover line so feeling okay about it. However I have not felt this awful in a long time! :( Tight painful chest, coughing, sneezing, achey, fluey - I feel really feverish! But I'm clearly not at only 97.54 ... it's so weird, I've never felt so terrible! My man left for work this morning and I burst into tears!! Cried and cried haha - I'm hoping this is all a good sign! We BD'd last night and there was a slight discolouration to his boys (I'm assuming 'old' brown blood from me). But no spotting today as yet.
Skylight - you said you had a cold - Do you feel like you're dying?? Haha! I'm also worried about taking any meds now - I'd usually have a lemsip or cold/flu tablets. Hmm... x
Lishy

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:59 am

Yeah I'm gonna try holding off especially since I'm getting af cramps. I feel like I have a normal cold. This morning I'm feeling better just a little stuffy. I've been pretty emotional too but I get that way before af. I started crying last night because I was feeling like crap and wanted some lovin from my man lol. I haven't taken any medicine either. But yours sounds worse than mine so that stinks.

I made the biggest mistake last night. I went back and checked my test. Of course there's an evap. I've never gotten an evap even with that brand. But af is due Friday so I will try to hold off.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Lishy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:50 am

I don't know much about evap lines - How do you know the difference? *genuine question* I know they can be pricey but maybe try a branded test. Definitely hang on until Fri if you can. I have been cramping today as well - I'm not due AF until Sunday - I'm going to try my hardest to stay away from the cupboard of tests! Partner returned from work today with minor cold symptoms - he's now gone to the pub for a 'medicinal pint' haha. But promises to return with Chinese food and lemsip (I looked it up, apparently lemsip is okay). Been in bed most of day and starting to feel slightly more human now :) x
Lishy

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:11 am

Evap lines show up after the time limit. In my case I don't know how long after but I looked 12 hrs later. This line is thinner than it should be and also looks grayish.
I have a frer but don't want to waste it so I wasn't gonna use it til I got a line on a cheap test.

That's great! Hopefully your cold starts going away. If it's due to pregnancy the timing of it sucks.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:45 am

How are you feeling today? Is your cold gone?

My cold is officially gone! Last night I had really itchy nipples which then turned into a burning feeling. It made me really want to test but I didn't. It only laste 30 mins. No other real symptoms so still feel like af will show o Friday.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Lishy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:54 am

Thanks for the evap explanation! I've only ever tested previously using digital... Always been too scared to use FRER so keep putting it off and then AF always shows up before I've had the chance! :/

I am feeling much better thank you - still stuffy and a tight chest and coughing - but I can function, which is nice! Even managed to get out and about on the bike today so quite pleased with that :) I too am starting to feel like AF may show up :( Mind you, this time last month I had been spotting for three days and AF came on really heavy CD27 (which will be tomorrow). FF an Ovia still reckon AF isn't due until Sunday (CD29/30).

I'm still getting funny cramps on each side and lower back - not like AF cramps though. And no real spotting at all except for that CP check I did the other day. Feel quite bloated and also constipated, which is not like me at all - usually very regular! The thing that's making me feel like AF might be round the corner is my creamy CF seems to be 'darkening'... almost to a brown... I worry it could be the beginnings of the witch :(

Only time will tell I guess! I never really have any AF/preg symptoms with my boobs or nipples at all, it's weird. But if yours are behaving differently then that might be a good sign! :) FX

Do you have any nipple symptoms with AF?
Lishy

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 am

I don't like digital test. I like to look at the lines and drive myself crazy trying to find one.

I never get anything with my nipples. My boobs usually get sore. I have that too. It's usually only in the mornings never throughout the day. 2 more days for me then this tww will be over. I'm pretty sure I'm out since I'm getting my normal pre af cramps. I even cancelled my Pap smear appointment I had next week.

Still have my fingers crossed for you!!
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Lishy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:24 am

I think she has arrived Skylight :(

Gutted. Woke this morning after a night of vivid dreaming (classic PMS/AF symptom for me) to find one big spot of FRESH pink/red blood (thin) when wiping. Sat and cried. Thought this is it - AF has arrived.

Then nothing. I have tender underarms, neck-ache, and I'm still coughing and sneezing, my temps are still above cover line. Yet, I now feel like I'm out this month after being SO sure that this was different! That we had timed everything perfectly! After 10 months TTC I really thought this was our month... but I'm now CD27 (11/12dpo) and my AF symptoms are there: e.g. spotting(?) emotional, vivid dreams. I'm due on CD29 and chances are I will spot until then and then she will come full flow. Last month I spotted for 3 days prior to an early AF on CD27.

The only difference is, is that this was FRESH blood this morning. Not brown spotting like usual - Also NO cramping today as yet, but still some funny twinges in my sides and back... I'm clutching at straws but could this be implantation bleeding? I'm too scared to test. I don't want to see that BFN :(

It just doesn't make sense... How can it be so hard when I know I'm ovulating, I'm having regular periods, I'm relatively young and healthy, having regular sex at the right times, and my man's bits work fine!!

I've attached my chart... Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Good vibes to all and thank you for all your input this month. How are you today Skylight? xx
Attachments
FFcd27.jpg
FFcd27.jpg (88.41 KiB) Viewed 683 times
Lishy

Next

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?