Mid/Upper Back pain?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Mid/Upper Back pain?

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 pm

Hey all - it's been awhile since I've been on this board, but I remember it helping me get through the dreaded TWW before my first pregnancy - so I wanted to come back again now that my husband and I have started trying for #2.

We officially started trying about halfway through my last cycle, and I was pretty sure that we missed the timeframe to conceive. Whether we missed it or not, im not sure, but either way we didn't conceive. So here we are cycle 2, but our first "full" cycle.

Cycles are irregular (anywhere from 28-45 days) and I don't chart, so it's always hard for me when it comes to the TWW... because I never have a clear timeframe for AF to show. Current cycle day is 27.

My specific symptom question is this:

Is upper/mid back pain an early pregnancy symptom? I don't recall having it before my BFP with my first, but I might have. All I seem to find on google is for lower back pain, so I thought I'd ask you kind ladies if any of you recall having this symptom early on. I've been having mid/upper pain (mild to an occasional sharp shooting pain) pretty consistently for the past three days.

Nothing much else except for a few sporadic and very mild cramps.

Of course, it could just be regular old run of the mill back pain. But you know how the TWW is... you question everything.
Cassiopeia

Re: Mid/Upper Back pain?

Postby Whoosh » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:58 am

Hey I think I am 10dpo today (but just come off bc so not entirely sure). I have been having back ache in between my shoulder blades and slightly lower for several days. Also had abdominal cramps at 6-7 dpo. Had severe nausea for several days and way sick once but wasnt as bad yesterday. Been off coffee and had very little appetite. Had several shooting pains across lower right abdomen and been burping loads (never usually do). Tested at 8dpo and BFN. Now trying not to poas again today! Lets hope the back ache is a good sign!
Whoosh

Re: Mid/Upper Back pain?

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Thanks for your reply! I'm now on CD30, but tested and got a BFN. Still not sure if it will just be a longer cycle, or if I'm just not showing a positive yet.

Still have the upper back pain (between the shoulder blades) off and on... but not much else. I did have the shooting abdominal pain you mentioned, but only once... so I'm not sure. I guess I'll test again in a couple days if AF doesn't show!

I'm hoping that it's a positive sign! *fingers crossed*
Cassiopeia

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?