Page 1 of 1

Buy a test or wait?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:54 am
by NUM8ERS_N3RD
I was on here years ago and was dealing with PCOS and multiple losses and other related issues. I have since discovered and treated an underlying medical problem and my gynecologist has found no symptoms of PCOS since a dramatic weight loss.
I was still going through treatment for the problem and accidentally became pregnant. I was not able to carry to term and the pregnancy ended right at a year ago. :(

I am not in treatment any longer and I am now healthy enough to carry to term, but after the heartbreak last year I'm not ready to actively TTC. My partner and I are NTNP.

My cycles are predictably 27-28 days and I track it using an app. Last month I just knew that I was pregnant and even had a squinty line but AF came with a vengeance.

This month, I had really bad back cramps 6 days before my period was due and I thought that stress and maybe hormones from a chemical pregnancy last month were to blame. Then I started having brown sludge the next day and thought that AF was early. I've had brown spotting that ranged from sludge to streaks in what looks like EWCM over the last 4 days. AF is due tomorrow but I have no symptoms. I usually get a tension headache 2-3 days before and often get pregnancy type symptoms and always have a spike in my sex drive.

I have been more moody than normal and had a lower sex drive. I have no breast tenderness, nausea, etc. I decided to investigate and found that the (benign, I've had multiple docs look at it) bump on my cervix is larger and it's soft and somewhat open (I think that it stays a little open after having a baby) with the EWCM with brown streaks.

I took a couple of Dollar Tree tests with BFN but my urine is especially light and I've been drinking/peeing a lot. I'm not sure if I should shell out the money for a better test or wait to see if AF shows tomorrow.

I had a faint line on the dollar tests, BFN on multiple FRERs and obvious plus on Clear Blue with a Beta of 53 with the last pregnancy and the doctor said that it might just be how I metabolize HCG (my medical issue was related to metabolism). Sooooo, what would you do?

Re: Buy a test or wait?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:23 pm
by Murrie
hey didn't want to read and run. I'm sorry you've had such a tough road. Did you decide to buy a test? I'd say if you think AF will be here tomorrow, wait. But it might not be a bad idea to grab a test and have it at the ready! Keep us updated and good luck!