Deciding when to test

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Deciding when to test

Postby BrittneyM » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 am

Sorry if this thread is too annoying, guess I'm wanting just some support from others TTC!

This is my husband and I's first month trying, and my first time tracking symptoms other than period dates, so I'm new to all of it

He thinks it's time for me to take a pregnancy test, I can't imagine it having worked month 1, and have weird cycles. We're both in our early 30s with no kids so I never thought it would be easy for me, since everyone else in my family has had accidental babies much younger than I am!

I average 35 day cycles, and this month am on day 44 currently. Last month my period started on day 42 though. That's the latest it had been up to this point. I thought that one may have been so late because I had two before that only 20 days apart.

I'm having pretty much no symptoms of anything at this point! I've felt light cramping for the past week, where I've thought my period was going to be starting at any time and then the cramping goes away for a day or two and then comes back. But otherwise, no symptoms that I feel like are pregnancy or period! It just feels like mid-month almost.

I did have some very light bleeding about 3 weeks ago. It wasn't enough for a tampon or anything, mostly just when using the bathroom, and I had a panty liner on for about 5 days, so maybe that is delaying my period some?

Sorry again, like I said, I'm new at this and I just am scared to test, I don't want to get my hopes up. Was hoping maybe someone else has irregular periods or periods that last a little longer and would have tips on how long to test where it may be reducing just getting my hopes up! I'm just trying to avoid being impatient and testing when it's unlikely still!

Thank you! :)

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?