Early, Short period, NEG Test, now cramping

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Early, Short period, NEG Test, now cramping

Postby bfulker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 am

Hi everyone, I know a lot of people find what I'm about to ask annoying. However, I'm hoping to get some input from anyone who may have experienced this or something similar. I'm 28 years old and my husband and I have been TTC for about 6 months. I've never been pregnant before. I have very irregular periods so I haven't been super worried about why we haven't gotten pregnant yet as I'm still working on tracking ovulation dates and such. However, (sorry for TMI) on 1/26/18 we had intercourse and nothing odd. Then on 2/1 we had it again and afterwards there was very very minimal light pink discharge when I wiped. Then on 2/5 I got what I thought was the start to my period even though it was 7-10 days earlier than I was expecting. It was very mild on day one just used a pad, day 2 (2/6) was a bit heavier and used a couple tampons thinking it was my regular period, day 3 (2/7) was hardly anything used just a pad again. On the 4th (2/8) day I had nothing then the 5th (2/9) day I had a very small amount of brown discharge. Due to my irregular periods, I assumed this was just me being irregular. I took a pregnancy test just in case on 2/11 and it was negative. However, I have been experiencing some mild cramping and lower back pain this week. Today I had a pretty good twinge cramp in my lower right side. Due to research, I know others have experienced implantation bleeding that could be similar to my symptoms but I had a negative test. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? I don't just like to run to the Dr. for everything so trying to be patient! :) Thank you in advance!
bfulker

Re: Early, Short period, NEG Test, now cramping

Postby Amouna87 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:10 am

I would say that was just your period, maybe an off cycle but it doesn't sound like implantation bleeding. I'd count it as your period. Good luck and hope you get yourbfp soon!
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bfulker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:42 am

I'd say you're probably right. Thanks for your input Amouna87...just being hopeful I suppose! :)
bfulker

Postby Amouna87 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 am

lol it's reallly annoying- the body does weird things when ttc, maybe because we focus on it alot or maybe just to confuse us even more lol! Good luck on your next cycle & hopefully you get your bfp really soon!xx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bfulker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:29 am

I think focusing on it just brings to light a lot more symptoms you wouldn't think twice about when not TTC. So...maybe we're screwing with ourselves?! HAHA! :)
I got another BFN this weekend but the test was odd so I'm wondering if something was the matter with it. I'm not convinced I'm pregnant but prefer when the negative test line is a solid line all the way through and this one wasn't. I had another BFP dream on Sunday night and I tested negative on Saturday morning. My friend contacted me that she had a dream I was pregnant. So weird! haha. Last night after dinner, I got sick. Just once and I'm okay today but still have a bit of an upset stomach. I don't know what's going on anymore...
I'm just going to put my sails up in my boat and ride this wave. haha.

Hope things are well with you and thanks for the good wishes! It'll happen when it's supposed to. Some people struggle for years upon years so I'm trying to be patient but if you knew me...patience is NOT my strong suit!! haha!
bfulker

Postby Amouna87 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:59 am

Hah oh me too patience is really not my strong suit either!! It was put to the test when it took us close to 5years to concieve- had unexplained infertility (helpful lol) and ended up doing IVF. Hopefully you get your bfp really soon, I would say (and being honest becUse I remember I hated getting my hopes up only to be met with af!) that this cycle is probably bfn if you're not seeing positives by now, but I'm sending alll the best wishes for a bfp next cycle and at least you know what to discard as a symptom next cycle :) xx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bfulker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:52 am

5 years is a long time to wait...you are more patient than you give yourself credit for! :) Did IVF work for you? A friend of mine tried for about the same amount of time, did IVF and just gave birth to 2 beautiful baby boys about 2 months ago. :)

I appreciate the honesty and would agree. I just wish that all these weird things would stop happening to my body but my cycles are slowly getting closer together, I just think it's taking my body a little while to regulate after being on BC for so long. I was on the BC that I only had AF once every 3 months so I expect it to take a little while to regulate itself. Also, judging by some symptoms, I do believe I'm O'ing just not as often as most women. That's okay too...I've always liked to be different! HAHA! :)

I'm hoping all these weird dreams are a sign that it's going to happen soon. Doesn't have to even be next month...just hopefully within the year. :) I go for my annual checkup in April so that will help with some questions too! Thanks for the feedback!
bfulker

Postby Amouna87 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:19 am

Yeah we were so lucky and worked first time for us thank God :) I would always say to myself every bfn "it's ok as long as it doesn't come to ivf" lol but it was easier than i expected its the emotions more than anything like the constant praying and hoping for enough eggs/embroys/for it to fertlise for it to implant etc. Ah thats amazing about your friend although omg twins must be hard!

Yeah my body did same lol as soon as i started ttc all sorts if weird stuff happened I swear I had every symptom under the sun! They do say that a few weird cycles happen before bfp though as in its your bodys way of getting ready so who knows...?

Are you in US? I'm in UK :)
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bfulker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:51 am

I'm so happy IVF worked for you the first try! TTC is always an emotional rollercoaster no matter which way you're going about it. She says twins are not easy but so worth it. She said everyone should have twins so that they only have to go through all the crazy emotions once (meaning they're not going to try for anymore kids)...when she said that I suggested she say that to someone else because I might lose my sanity with two little ones. But I will be thankful when my time comes! When are you due?

Weird cycles getting of BC is normal too. I'm just hoping my body is working it's way back to something similar to regular cycles! haha! It'll be a lot easier for me to tell what's going on that way I think! I hope you're right though!

Yes, I'm in the US! Just across the pond! haha
bfulker

Postby Amouna87 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 am

I gave birth in August :) but these boards were such a lifeline to me when I was ttc I like checking in and giving support and help :)

Ah yeah forgot about the coming off BC, that would also mean crazy cycle- hopefully it regulates itself after this one. How long have you been ttc? Are you temping etc or just trying to go with the flow?
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bfulker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:48 am

Oh! :) Well that's wonderful of you! Your little one is doing well then I hope!? :) About 6 months old!? Time sure does fly!

My DH and I have been TTC since September officially. I'm not temping yet...I'm very much a planner and a worrier. So, I'm trying to just give my body some time and not obsess because I know I have a tendency to do that. The BC I was on, I only had 4 periods a year so they would come every 3 months. My first cycle off the pill was still 3 months but they have been progressively getting closer together. I'm down to between 35-40 day cycles. I think I ovulated a bit early this cycle due to some of the symptoms I was having, I'm technically on day 22 of this cycle and due for my next AF around 3/15...we will have to see. I've stopped buying tests because I just use them if I have them. Haha! So, I'm just trying to let nature take it's course. I'm a firm believe of what's meant to be will be. I also have my annual check up in April so will ask some questions then too! :)
bfulker

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:18 am

Hehe yeah time does fly apart from tww where it draaaags!! Hoping you get your bfp before april and I completely understand re temping etc, I'm the same I tried it one cycle then stopped because I was stressing myself out way too much and obsessing 24/7. Your approach is definately the better way to go about thibfs lol! Good luck for next cycle!xxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby riazoyer » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:46 am

hi there.oh me too patience is really not my strong suit either!! It was put to the test when it took us close to 5 years to concieve- had unexplained infertility (helpful lol) and ended up doing IVF. Hopefully you get your bfp really soon, I would say (and being honest because I remember I hated getting my hopes up only to be met with af!) that this cycle is probably bfn if you're not seeing positives by now, but I'm sending alll the best wishes for a bfp next cycle and at least you know what to discard as a symptom next cycle.
riazoyer
Friend

Postby bfulker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:43 am

Thank you riazoyer! It was BFN last for that cycle. I started temping even though I didn't want to and I don't know if it's helping or confusing me more. I'm going for blood work tomorrow as I love my Dr. who agreed my periods are too far apart and is helping me before the 1 year wait that most have to go through ttc. Hoping for some answers soon. Thanks for your honesty, it is more than appreciated! I pray it doesn't take us 5 years as I'm 29 right now. :) Glad it worked out for you and hope your little is happy and healthy!
bfulker

Postby elsa280 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:25 am

Don't worry, dear. It's nothing annoying. A lot of people face such problems. You are among them. You should not feel bad about it. Afterall, what are these forums for? These are made so that we can help each other. And support each other. Everything will be fine. Well, after reading your post, I think it's not implantation bleeding. It's just your period cycle. An irregular one, of course. You need not worry about it. And please, do visit your doctor once. These matters are very important. You should not take them lightly. You can even consult about your pregnancy. I am sure she will guide you to the best. This way, you'll clear your confusions as well. I hope you are getting me. Good luck to you.
elsa280
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?