Do you think I am pregnant?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Do you think I am pregnant?

Postby xxdelaxx » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:13 pm

My partner and I decided, after 9 years together we will start ‘not not trying’. I came off the pill about a year (or more) ago and up until now we have just been being careful with the withdrawal method and have been successful. I’m 26, non-smoker, healthy (weight and otherwise) and my partner is 28, and is also a non-smoker and healthy. This would be my first pregnancy.
For a while now my AF have all started slow with brown blood for a day or two, then quite heavy for a few days. On Sunday 4th I thought AF had arrived with this brown blood, but actually I was very very light until Wednesday 7th. First question is when did AF start… my cycles are 27-28 days, and last AF started on Feb 7th, so do I count that spotting on Sunday to be AF or did I start on Wednesday? I was on for about a week, but I didn’t keep track and I can’t remember when it stopped.
Then on Sunday 18th my partner and I BD (no withdrawal or anything), then on Monday I had a lot of EWCM, then on Tuesday 20th we BD again, and then I was ill with cold/flu for 5 days. Today (Monday 26th) and yesterday I have had mid and lower back pain as if AF is due, a nagging pain in my right side, a lot of creamy CM (little unusual for me), slightly sore boobs. I took a test today (8 days post first BD) and it was negative.
I assume I’m due between Friday 30th and Tuesday 3rd Apr depending on when I started this month, but it was a weird one. I don’t usually get these PMS symptoms this early… or do I am I am over-thinking it?
I can’t stop thinking am I, aren’t I… I’m googling everything. Am I making these symptoms up? This would be our first cycle with no contraception, I don’t know how likely it is to get BFP on the first try? I really hope I am… thanks so much for your thoughts
xxdelaxx

Re: Do you think I am pregnant?

Postby JemimaK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi there, you count AF from first day you see proper flow (red) not from spotting if that helps :) As for being pg it’s hard to say as the only way to really confirm your timing is if you’re using OPKs or charting. That being said if your cycle is fairly regular and you had EWCM it sounds like you got close. I would say though considering when you’re AF is due you’re still early to test. Average implantation is 9dpo and it then takes around 48 hours for hcg to build, longer for others :) so without a confirmed o date it’s impossible to tell dpo. Symptoms sound good, but it’s hard to tell as af and pg symptoms are very similar in the TWW.
Sending lots of luck your way!
JemimaK
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Hopefulrosey » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Jemima is right that day 1 is when proper flow start. I am also a chronic spotter and spot 2-3 days before AF. But I only count the day when I see bright red flow as day 1. That's what my RE told me to do.

For the other question, not everyone gets pregnant on first try but there are some who do :) I personally know 3 of them. FX that you are one of those lucky ones. Stay positive and hope for the best.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Olivia29 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi firstly, that is amazing that you are trying to get pregnant. I had a similar issue with my boyfriend a few years ago. We had been together for a long time, and then we suddenly decided to have a baby. I was 22 back then. So after trying for a year, we lost hope. Obviously being dumb young adults we did not consult a doctor, but went with what the tests told us. But at 25 we thought of trying again and that time i went to a doctor. I consulted him with everything. And made sure that we did everything right. Turns out you getting pregnant for some lot is not that easy. So after going through some pregnancy procedures we were finally pregnant. I gave birth a year after all my procedures. And we welcomed our baby girl Laura when i was 27. I did not give natural birth, but rather opted for a C-section to avoid any other difficulties. So my advice would be to consult a doctor, neither o lose hope and not to higher your expectations. Best of luck <3
Olivia29
Friend

Postby Hania » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:52 am

Hello there, How are you? Hope you will be good. I am happy that you want to be a mother. You want to be pregnant. But dear, first of all, I will suggest you that you should go to the best clinic as well. If you have chosen the bad one. I am sure you will not get the positive result. Wish you good luck.
Hania
Friend

Postby Hania » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:41 am

Hello there, How are you? Hope all will be fine there. I am very happy for you. I am sure according to your condition you will be blessed soon. You will surely be a mother soon. I will suggest to you. To take care of your self. So you will be happy. You just go to the best clinic. And take a specific test. Then you can know the correct result. Wish you good luck.
Hania
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?