Implantation bleeding or miscarriage?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Implantation bleeding or miscarriage?

Postby hollymkidd » Tue May 15, 2018 3:00 pm

Last Saturday was Day 27 of my cycle. I am not completely sure when I ovulated but my last period started April 16. I am wondering if I experienced implantation bleeding or an early miscarriage.

Saturday Day 27: Went to the bathroom and there was bright, red blood when I wiped. The blood was not at all in my underwear. It was gone after a few wipes. Later that night, I had brown discharge while wiping, only in the bathroom, and not at all in my underwear. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I did not have any cramping.

Sunday Day 28: I have brown discharge. I put on a pad and it covers maybe a quarter of the pad, if that, throughout the day. I did not test this day. I did not have any cramping.

Monday Day 29: No discharge. I took two pregnancy tests which came back positive. Boobs are sore and I have light cramping.

Tuesday Day 30: Still no discharge. I took another pregnancy test and got a positive. Light cramping. Boobs ae sore and there is dry skin near the nipple.

Any similar experiences? What was your outcome?
hollymkidd

Re: Implantation bleeding or miscarriage?

Postby Minimummy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Hiya, I just got my bfp too. Congrats =) I never had any implantation bleeding but from what iv read it sounds like that's what u had. Around the same time as u in this cycle I had ewcm which I presume was a brief dip in progesterone before or during implantation. This could also cause bleeding. Have your bfp progressed? Hope your well x
Minimummy
Friend

Postby anayahill » Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 am

I just got my bfp too. Congrats =) I never had any implantation bleeding but from what iv read it sounds like that's what u had. Around the same time as u in this cycle, I had ewcm which I presume was a brief dip in progesterone before or during implantation. This could also cause bleeding. Have your bfp progressed? Hope your well x
anayahill
Friend

Postby GKR_1985 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:47 pm

I had implantation bleeding with my first pregnancy (ended in Mc). It was similar to what you describe, but no bright red blood. With both pregnancies I had cramping, and bleeding/spotting starting at about 4.5-5 weeks. With my first the cramping got worse and I lost the pregnancy at about 6 weeks. The other cramping stayed about the same, never got really bad, like light period cramps, and then ended. Bleeding ended at about 7/8 weeks. I was given a progesterone suppository when I had spotting, since my first one ended in Mc.

If you are having positive tests, and spotting I would ask if your doctor would order beta HCG. Then you can know for sure if things are coming or going.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?