TTC after Loss

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC after Loss

Postby Shia17 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:46 pm

This is my 2nd cycle after my miscarriage.

AFM:
28 Years Old
Female
Australian
Been with Partner Mathew for 10 Years
One Little Miss Aged One named Ariah
Ariah Born 37 weeks via emergency C Section (Breech with cord around thoat)
Nil complications with Ariah's Pregnancy (To do with her - Uncomfortable for me though)
TTC Number 2 after losing 2nd pregnacy at 5 Weeks. (HCG 61 at 4 Weeks - 88 at 5 Weeks = Loss)

Looking for Cycle Buddies :D As this site was amazing during my first pregnacy.

So last cycle came and went AF showed up but in saying this we were not really trying just dtd when we wanted to.

This cycle we have tried timing sexy time and monitoring cm and cervical position.
Also using fertility friend to tell me when I O. I started temping 6 days ago but no real significant increase.
I think I O'd 3 days ago so would be 3dpo but thats based on cream, o pain and cervical postion.
I had SHOW and ewcm. But while my temp has increased its only increase to 35.9 from 35.
My O temps are normally above 36. So not sure.
Have had cramping and uterus pain for past 2 days.
But also had O type cramping 3 days prior to what I thought was O
Also noted I have ewcm today and high soft wet cervix but not open so wondering if I might have tried to O and didn't so might O today or tomorrow?
Hopefully will dtd tonight if OH is in the mood. Just to cover my bases.
Planning to use OPKs as well next cycle if this one is a bust.
Will keep you posted.
I'll post a copy of my chart and maybe you can tell me what you see :)

Keeping my fingers crossed but to be honest since I lost last bubby (Named Alex) I'm actually scared of getting preggers again. Don't want to risk miscarrying again.
Baby dust to you all
Attachments
36063763_2175734385788631_2944502301076750336_n.jpg
36063763_2175734385788631_2944502301076750336_n.jpg (61.71 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: TTC after Loss

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi Shia! I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I've had a couple of confirmed early losses and several cycles I suspect were chemicals. These came after the quick and healthy conception and pregnancy with my son. It definitely changes the way you view getting that positive test-- what once felt like the finish line of TTC is now just the first step.

I'm nearing the end of my first cycle on letrozole and I'm about 99% sure I'm not pregnant. AF should be arriving soon and I'm just eager to get onto the next try.

Hopefully you are able to confirm O soon!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:20 pm

Thank you so much for your reply Bee. It defintly does change TTC. It adds an element of fear. I'm so sorry for your losses. Did your AF come. Keep me posted if you can :)

AFM: Well FF knocked me back . So now I'm 6dpo. Stupidly did a test yesterday :( Got what I thought was a very faint positive. Went and spent $30 on pregnacy tests to confirm. Turns out First response is having heaps of indents lately :( I was heart broken. But its only 6dpo so definelty not out yet :) I have had white creamy cm since day after O and cramps alot of the time. But not sure if this is because I'm paying more attention to my body atm. Checked my cervical position yesterday tmi but it was medium hard and slighlty open. So don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Planning to start testing 9dpo which is monday. Although I know it will be negative. As I didn't get my positive with Ariah until I was 12 dpo. Fingers crossed. I'm still tempting and FF has given me my cross hairs. So AF is due next Saturday. I will keep you ladies posted.
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:26 pm

AF showed for me... A few days after my SIL announced her pregnancy, which was hard. But I seem to have responded well to letrozole-- my progesterone levels were finally in healthy range and I had a 14 day LP. I'm on day 4 of 5 days of letrozole this cycle, so I hope to O in the next 10 days or so.

I started testing this last cycle pretty early and all it did was disappoint me. This next one I plan to just wait until AF is due if I can. Or at least 10 dpo lol. And yes, the FRERs have had a lot of trouble lately. But even my trusty wondfos are tending to leave a very sight shadow line, so I don't trust anything that's not clear and pink!

Good luck with the wait. I think I was pretty anxious for the few cycles after my losses. There's just this desperation to "fix" the problem and it makes the waiting so much worse. I hope you're able to find some things to keep you busy!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:15 pm

Beecee: I'm so sorry AF showed up :( Especially after getting news which would make you happy but hurt your heart. I'm glad your your responding well to the medication. And its awesome to hear your progesterone is at a healthy range. What dpo are you at now? Close to O? Keep me posted :)

AFM: 10 dpo. BFN :( my temperature is also dropping since 8dpo. Have been cramping for last couple of days. Feels like possibly having AF arrive early. However, I have still got white creamy cream and tmi but cervix is closed medium and soft. So not sure what's going on. And I agree big part of me is desperate to be pregnant again. To almost fix my loss but I know it won't.
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:56 pm

AFM: Turns out my LP has shortened. From 14 days to 10. Wondering if I have low progesterone. I really struggled to O this cycle. Body kicked off to do it 3 times at least. AF reared her ugly head :( so CD 1 for me. :cry:
I'm planning on getting opks this month. So fingers crossed this helps me pinpoint O better.

Hope you ladies are going better than me. Fingers crossed for you :hugs:
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 am

Sorry about AF. :(

We have been out of town all week and I didn't see any ewcm on vacation, so I felt pretty confident we weren't going to miss O (we went to bed super late every night and our 2 year old was sharing a room with us and he's too light of a sleeper for us to feel comfortable trying anything. Last cycle I didn't O until CD 18 but had lots of days where I saw at least a little ewcm.

Anyway, I saw lots of ewcm yesterday morning as we were packing up to drive home. I took an opk, not expecting anything and it was so stinking positive! Like the day before was probably positive, too. I'm guessing today or tomorrow will be O day (CD 13/14, the earliest EVER for me).

I'm a little peeved that I didn't have ewcm to tip me off this time, or we probably would have tried to work something out to BD earlier! So we'll get 2 in-- one before O and the other could be before or after if we do it tonight. I'm glad we didn't miss it, but I had sure hoped to really get our timing down on these medicated cycles to give us the best shot. Oh well, we'll see what comes of it!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Beecee: Have you tested Yet or has AF shown up? Sorry that O came earlier than expected. But at least you got bding in a bit before O. Do you think you O'd earlier because of the medication? Keep me posted Good luck :)

AFM: Well its CD 14 and no sign of O yet :( my last 2 cycles ive O'd around CD 20 to 30. So im assuming it will be similar this cycle. But as I only had my MC two cycles ago I'm playing it safe and Bding every 2 to 3 days and doing OPKs from CD 12. I'm also temping for a full cycle this cycle so even if I dont' fall I should understand my cycle better :) . Which is a good thing :D Creamy/sticky cream atm and cervix is medium closed and medium so defintly no sign of O with any physical symptoms. I'm using Clear blue digital OPKs so no guessing this month. Just going to go off the opks and try and bed every 2 days from next week as according to my app thats my fertile week. Fingers crossed :)
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:06 pm

Hey! I'm 10 dpo today and LOSING MY MIND lol. I'm trying so hard to stay busy and trying to refrain from testing. AF is due Sunday. I have had light cramping (the giveaway on my other bfp cycles, and one bfn/possible chemical) since 5 dpo. Every time I'm actively feeling it, I'm 100% sure I'm pregnant. Then it goes away for awhile and I'm convinced I was imagining things and there's no way I'm pregnant. That's kind of where I'm at this morning. I haven't felt anything at all today, even though last night I felt it so strongly all night (I was up several times because we tried to "camp" in the backyard with the 3 year old and it was a total disaster lol).

I have been soooo tempted to test, since I've always gotten my bfp's by 10/11 dpo, but I realized I was imagining how things would go if it was positive. When I really thought about how I'd feel if it was negative, I decided I should wait. I don't want to put myself through that today. And if it's going to be positive, I want it to be a clear positive. If it's going to be negative, then I want to be close to AF so I know it's accurate and I don't have to wait long until next cycle. I just want to know. But only if it's a bfp! I'm not sure when I'll test, but in the meantime, my his is getting REALLY clean from all of my nervous energy. ;)

I think your plan for this cycle sounds solid. Kind of relaxed but aware of when you O is the way to go!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 am

Hi all! May I join??

AFM: We have been TTC for 15 months, 2 early miscarriages and 2 suspected chemicals (was a day late, VVVVFL, but started to bleed that night, so not 100% sure). I took a break from charting and coming on these boards for a bit because I just needed a break. Since my first miscarriage my cycles have been very irregular, I don't ovulate until cd25-cd45, SO annoying. I had an HSG done on July 6th, and I ovulated on cd14/15!! ITS A MIRACLE! This cycle has been amazing so far, finally a normal healthy cycle!!! I am currenly 9/10dpo. Having some waves of nausea and dizziness and extremely tired. Trying to not get my hopes up though. I totally get what you mean about TTC after losses and struggles.. seeing a positive pregnancy test terrifies me instead of excites me.. I can't wait for the day when I get a REALLY dark second line.. then maybe, just maaaaybe I can get excited!

BeeCee - have you tested yet!? Wishing you all the best!!

Shia - hopefully O is around the corner for you!!
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 am

Attached is my chart :)
Attachments
July chart - HSG.png
July chart - HSG.png (35.11 KiB) Viewed 418 times
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Ladies,

Shanay: Welcome to the group :) Your chart looks really promising :D Although I noticed you missed a couple of days. So can't really get a clear picture :( But it looks like its still climbing :wink: Sorry about your losses. I've only had one mc myself but I wouldn't wish that on anyone :( How are you tracking your ovulaiton? Besides temping. When are you planing to test? Your symptoms sound promisnig especially as you are 9-10dpo :) I know exaclty how you feel with the hpt. Don't think I'll feel really safe till after 12 weeks and with how many late losses I've been reading about on my facebook TTC group It terrifys me to feel safe in pregnacy anymore. Fingers crossed we can all have a happy healthy nine months :) :babydustb: :babydustg:

Beecee: Have you test yet? So exciting you have something similar to your last BFP cycles :) I can totally understand the fear of imagining symptoms. But I can also understand the fear of the BFNs :( On the plus side your house will look lovely :P Please let us know how you go with the testing. I"m keeping everything crossed for you :) :babydustb: :sticky: Fingers crossed you caught that eggie :)

AFM: Well I have been temping continually this cycle. My temp spiked to 34.41 degrees this morning. But I'm not assuming O as I have had negitives on OPK and prior to today had no sign of O. Cervix has been soft last couple of days and medium high. But closed. However today when I checked my cream I had ewcm and tmi but my Vajayjay feels quite tight. like there is alot of blood flow to that area atm. Only time I've ever felt that was when I got pregnant with Ariah. So fingers crossed this is a good sign that I'm going to O really sooooooon :D Not alot of ewcm at the moment. Usually takes a day or two to build up but its a good sign of O for me :D so I'm assuming O will be occuring in the next day or two. Cervix is medium soft and so high I can barly reach it. Can't really tell if its opened or not :( But I have 3 of the 4 signs of SHOW (Soft, High, Open and Wet) just waiting to confirm the open. Bded 2 days ago and plan to bed tonight. Still going with the every 2 days from cycle day 15 and hoping OH can do this. As his sex drive is not always reliable :( But we both want another baby especially so Ariah can grow up with a sibling. I'm thinking my OPK should be positive tomorrow or Sunday. So will keep you updated. Sending you all baby dust and positive vibes. So wish me luck :)
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:08 am

I go by my CM too. I always get ewcm for a couple days before O. I just don’t bother to input that info into my chart cause I’m really trying to take the “laid back” approach. After a year of charting and the stress my naturopath suggested I stop charting so I did and it’s been way less stressful for me! Luckily I know my cycles now, so even though I’m missing temps I have been almost spot on for AF the past few cycles :) I actually ended up taking a test last night and got a faint line, but I don’t trust faint lines anymore ha. So I’ll wait until asinday and try again :) had major pulling cramps under my belly button last night for a few hours, hoping that’s a good sign!

Your symptoms sound promising for O!!! I think bf every other day is the best. I was trying to do that too but didn’t quite workout lol Hopefully O happens this weekend and you catch the eggie!!! Let’s go April babies!!!!
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:21 am

Hi Shanay! I was going to say, your chart looks really promising to me! I hope that line gets darker!

Well ladies, I think I'm out. :( I had such promising symptoms and they have just disappeared. I tested yesterday with fmu, smu, once in the afternoon, and once at bedtime-- you know, just in case I missed something lol. All bfn. I'm 13 dpo today and expecting AF on Sunday. I'm not going to lie, this one was a big blow, but I had my cry and I talked to hubby about it and I'm doing ok now. I'm going to call my doctor and see if there's any sense in increasing my letrozole dose or possibly even moving up the plan for IUI. We had originally planned for IUI after 6 letrozole cycles on letrozole. I'm hoping they let us do it after 4.

Shia, I hope you O soon! Everyone talks about how stressful the tww wait is-- I think it's more stressful trying to track down O!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:30 am

Thanks BeeCee! I actually just took another test, and I don't think I see anything .... so... I am just going to try and wait until Sunday now and use a FRER instead of the IC.

So sorry about the BFN :( It's so hard to see those. You never know though, maybe the witch will stay away and it's just too early for a BFP! It does happen!!!

I also agree.. I get more stressed about when I'm going to O then in the TWW!!
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?