TTC after Loss

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC after Loss

Postby Shia17 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi Ladies,

Shanay: Good to hear your know your cycle so well :mrgreen: Means you can get your bedding done when needed :P I can understand the stress component of TTC and charting. But it seems to be the opposite for myself. It makes me feel more in control and more aware. What dpo are you on now? Have you had anyother symptoms? Has AF arrived? Exciting about the faint line. Has it progressed? Did you take another after the possible BFN? Keep us posted :babydustg:

BeeCee: Has AF shown up? What symptoms did you have and when did they disappear? :( Deep breaths and try to smile :D Your BFP is just around the corner. Have you called your Dr yet and will he let you do just the 4 rounds or increase your dose? Keep us posted :D Keeping everything crossed AF stays away. :babydustb:

AFM: well got my positive opk yesterday. Week before it was due :D got my bedding in as well. So finger crossed. Haven't had a temp spike yet but I think that's cause I'm oing today. Dtd yesterday and plan to dtd today of OH is up for it. I've given him the pre warning so fingers crossed. Tmi but I have a lot of ewcm and got another positive today so here is hoping i catch that egg and it's a sticky bean. Wish me luck :D
Attachments
PicsArt_07-23-12.43.59.jpg
(221.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Yay for O! Good luck for this cycle!

AF showed this morning, right on time. I had light/tight cramps (had them with other bfp's) from 5-9 dpo constantly and then periodically 10/11 dpo. They were gone by 12 dpo. :( When I got pregnant with my son, I had them until just past 5 weeks. I also had a lot of digestive symptoms and was sooooo gassy... like for days! I don't know if it was something that didn't stick or if it was just a symptom of higher progesterone on the letrozole, but it was a huge letdown when I tested and there was nothing there. Luckily I had my little breakdown at that point so it was really no surprise and not disappointing when AF showed up today.

I did talk to my doctor. She said no on the dosage increase, as she said we're using it to ensure healthy O and my progesterone numbers suggest the lower dose is working well there. She did say we could move to IUI whenever we're ready (but that we really haven't given letrozole much of a chance yet). With the IUI, we just have to let her know when my opk turns positive and they'll get things set up for the next day.

I talked to hubby about it and we decided to try one more cycle with letrozole and TI before discussing the possibility of IUI. We have a little money in savings to do IUI if needed, but I'm not convinced yet that we need it. We might even do 2 more cycles before IUI. It all depends how I'm feeling if this next cycle doesn't work.
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:11 am

Shia - Yay for O!!! I really hope you caught the eggy!! Hopefully the TWW goes by fast for you!!

BeeCee - so sorry about AF :( sounds like you have a good game plan for the future so that’s good!! Maybe with those symptoms it was something that just didn’t quite stick and you’ll have better luck this cycle!!

AFM: today is either 13dpo or 14dpo (I missed one day of temps between the rise) haven’t re tested yet. I decided I just wanted to wait until I was actually late. So maybe I’ll test Thursdsy because AF should be here tomorrow or Wednesday! Temp was still at 98.5 today, and it usually start dropping by now, annnd I usually start spotting by now.. so crossing all my limbs this could be it! If it is, I need to think of a fun way to surprise SO. We’ve been trying for so long and after so many losses I want to do something fun instead of just show him the pregnancy test lol hmmm
Attachments
0D9FA800-4CFE-4B8A-9BD0-520221DC572C.jpeg
(216.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:13 am

My LP last cycle was only 13 days, and I started spotting on 12dpo.. but it’s usually been 14 days.. so I think I should stick with 14 as my time limit for AF due date?
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:56 am

Wow, Shanay! That chart looks awesome! I'd stick with the longer LP option just to be safe. I'm hoping AF stays away for you!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:39 am

Thanks!! Would be so nice if this was it, and I don't have to start a medicated cycle!
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi Ladies,

Shanay: Do you mind if I ask why you would have to start medicated cycle? Your chart looks good :D Its a really good sign that your temperature has not dropped :) And that you have not had any spotting. Have you had any of your other signs that AF is on its way or nothing as of yet? So do you still plan to wait to test till Thursday? I'm horrible when it comes to testing I always test early LOL. :mrgreen: Keep us posted. I'll keep everything crossed for you :D :babydustb: and :sticky:

BeeCee: I'm so sorry AF showed up :( However I'm glad to hear you have a plan in place. What does your OH think of trying IUI? How much is that going to cost? If you don't mind me asking? Also do you have to do the mandatory counciling before hand etc? Its good to hear your medication is ensuring good and strong O? Also good to hear that your progesterone levels are indicating a good O?What is TI if I might ask? Have you tried the sperm meets egg plan? I've heard it works. Keep us updated and I will keep everything crossed for you :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky:

AFM: My temperature increased to 36.20 degrees this morning but I did not sleep very well so I'm hoping that did not effect it. TMI but I have a high open cervix and egg white cream last 3 days. I'm thinking yesterday was O but wont be able to confirm for another 2 days. Also got a second positive on clear blue digital yesterday and negative today so surge has ended. Just waiting for temps to confirm :) Got my bding in every second day since CD 15 and two days in a row the last 2 days. So fingers crossed I catch the egg and its a sticky one . My Aunty who is more like a sister found out I was TTC today and seems upset. She is in a same sex relationship and wants a baby so bad. Also they have repeatedly made the joke that I should send down some sperm. Which I know they would really love me to do. My OH wont I know that but If he would and I don't think I could ever ask. I don't share well. Does that make me a horrible person?
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Shia, TI is timed intercourse (as in no medical assistance). Hubby is willing to do the IUI, but thinks we should try another cycle or two first. With no monitoring (lots of docs want to keep an eye on how many follicles there are/ what size via ultrasound, but my doc doesn't in my case), it's $300 something USD for the first wash and prep of the sample and a little under $200 for the actual IUI. So basically this first one will be around $500. The first time, they do a full semen analysis, but any subsequent IUIs would be around $400 because it's just the wash and IUI. So as far as fertility treatments go-- pretty affordable. With monitoring, that price would go up by $2-300. We don't have to do any counseling beforehand. My doctor kind of surprised me by how relaxed it all is. She said I don't have to let them know I'm planning to do it until the day before! Then I just call with news of my positive opk, skip BD that night, and go in in the morning with a sample! They'll get it ready and in it goes!

As for not wanting to share your partner's sperm, that absolutely does not make you a terrible person! I wouldn't want to. Lately I've wondered about what I would do if we went the IVF route and had frozen embryos left over after we were done having children. A friend of mine donated theirs and was really sad that the couple who received them did not conceive. I can see how it would be amazing to make someone's dreams come true, but the idea of part of me and my husband going to someone else's family makes me weirdly uncomfortable. I think it would be even weirder if it was family and you saw the child regularly. I can imagine a lot of people would think that was really neat and a great bond, but i honestly think I would feel weird about it. Then take away my DNA and just have it be biologically my hubby's... I don't know. I wouldn't be too fond of the idea! If they are really serious about trying, there are a lot of other routes that are much less complicated. That's my two cents. I hope they find a way to make it happen, though!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:59 pm

Oh, and yes, I'm familiar with sperm meets egg! That's kind of the basic guideline I try to plan BD based off of. We've never done it exactly as outlined, but filling the general idea of every other day and every day around a positive opk is how I got pregnant with my son!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:19 pm

This isn’t how my cycles usually go. Theyre usually at least 40 days, sometimes I don’t even ovulate until cd40. That’s why I’m so amazed at this cycle. Totally different then normal! No sign of AF yet. No spotting. Tomorrow is either 14/15 dpo.. I’m gonna wait until at least Wednesday I think. I’m super nervous cause my hopes are kinda up :(
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:44 am

Well my temp went down to 98 today.. so I’m thinking I may start to spot today and AF will be here tomorrow :(
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 am

Also totally agree... I do not think I would be able to share my SO sperm. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way!!
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:43 am

What are your temps normally? 98 is still super high of it was on my chart! How much of a drop from the day before is that for you?

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:05 pm

It went from 98.5 to 98. my pre o temps are usually 97-97.3 ish.. sometimes the occasional 97.4.. post O temps are usually 97.8-98.6... the last week they have ranged from 98.3 to 98.6.. I am just gonna wait and see if AF shows.
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:06 pm

I guess I could have just uploaded my chart hahaha
Attachments
14dpooo.png
14dpooo.png (26.12 KiB) Viewed 216 times
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend