TTC after Loss

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC after Loss

Postby Shia17 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Ladies,

Shynay: Have you started spotting or AF shown up?your chart looks good. Although the drop might indicate AF I hope not for you. But as its above your Cover line theres still hope. Thanks for the support. I felt so bad for feeling that way. Glad to know I'm not alone. I think you told me but is this a medicated cycle? Is that why this cycle has been so good? If not medicated do you know why your cycle has improved? Wishing you the best. :babydustb:

Beecee: Well it's good to hear you have a plan. personally I struggle to do the sperm meets egg plan. Although like you I've tried to adapt to it. Thank you for the information on iui. Wow it's cheap were you are. Around $3000 here. Thank you for the support in regards to sperm thing. I just felt so bad feeling that way. Truth be told I hate the idea of my OH having kids with anyone else but me. I know that sounds selfish but that's what it is. I hope they find a donor soon but they appear to be holding off. Until a later date at the moment. Has your AF finished yet? Hope O doesn't take to long for you. Keep us posted

AFM: think I'm on 2dpo. But not sure. Will attach my chart. I had 2 days of positive clear blue digital opks, ewcm, cervix open, high and soft and o type cramping but I'm worried that Iny body has geared up to o but hasn't
As I'm not due to O until next week. Also nipples are sore and boobs tender which is usually a sign of O. Hurts every time I breastfeed Ariah lol. My temp jumped from 35.7 to 36.2 and today is 36.26 so is climbing slowly. But I've had 36.40 temps so not sure. What do you think
Attachments
received_2231540546874681.jpeg
(168.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:00 am

Yes, the chart is helpful! That's really interesting... I would say it could still go either way. You're still pretty high up there, even though it was kind of a big drop. Fingers crossed it goes back up tomorrow!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:07 am

I started heavily bleeding in the middle of the night.. woke up to ruined sheets at 4AM. This wasn't a medicated cycle. That's the next step. I actually found out yesterday that I got an amazing job that is 5 minutes from home (I currently commute 3 hours). SO I am trusting that it just wasn't the right time to get pregnant as I was presented with this amazing job opportunity. Everything happens for a reason.. and I'm stickin' to that motto to get me through this :)
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Oh my, I'm sorry. That's a rough way to find out! :( Congrats on the job, though. I bet that's a huge relief to not have to commute anymore!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:32 pm

Temp jumped to 36.3 so it is rising but still can't say for sure I I Od hope I have as oh has cold and isnt up for sexy time until he feels better.

Congratulations on the new job :D sorry about AF :(
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Shia, apparently I missed your last post! Yes, I was shocked by how cheap it is! I was expecting a couple thousand, so I was really pleasantly surprised. It's still a decent chunk of money, but a doable one.

AF was basically over for me CD 2... I still feel weird about how short they are since having my son, but every doctor I've ever asked has said it isn't indicative of a problem. They keep telling me to just enjoy not having to deal with heavier bleeding. I'll enjoy it one day when I'm not trying to get pregnant!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi Ladies,

Beecee: Yeah I noticed you missed the previous post but figured you would eventually find it LOL :rofl: What country are you from? I'm in Australia and wondering if this is the reason why IUI is so expensive here :( What do you think your shorter period could indicate? My period was only 3 days of flow and 2 days of spotting when its usually 5 days of flow and 2 days of spotting. I assumed my period was so short due to thinner lining or low progesterone as my period was 4 days early last cycle. Do you think it could be something similar for yourself? How diffrent is your AF to previous and how long has this been going on? Yeah I can understand the concern as we worry about every little thing when we are TTC :) Keep us posted :D How long until you O? :babydustb:

Shanay: I'm so sorry about AF :( Will you be trying a medicated cycle next cycle or will you be seeing about another natural cycle? Do you know what caused your cycle to shift to so good of a cycle this cycle? Congratulations on the new job. Shorter communte is Awesome. I have to commute 30 minutes to the other side of the mornington peninsula atm. Beautiful drive but sucks especially as some days my little girl struggles going to day care and i can run behind :( Hope this new job works out well for you. Will you still be TTC now or waiting until you settle into the new job? When do you expect O? Good luck and hope to hear from you soon :)

AFM: I'm pretty positive i'm on 4dpo. I'll upload my chart. Temp has been slowly rising since original jump from 35.70 to 36.20. It rose slowly from there to 36.26 and 36.30 which had me questioning if I had actually O'd but it jumped this morning to 36.46. Highest Temp I've had this month. FF still hasn't confirmed my O but I say it will tomorrow or Sunday. My only concern is how slow it is increasing. Prior to my MC my temp usually spiked up from 35ish to high 36ish in one jump. Last 2 cycles i've noticed its slowly rising. So I'm wondering if I have low progesterone since I'm breastfeeding still and since Ariah was born. Wondering if this may have contibuted to my MC? Also noted last cycle my period only lasted 3 days of medium to heavy flow then 2 days of spotting. Also had no clots or cramping. My normal cycle is heavy. So much so I get anemia from it. Its usually 5 days of medium to heavy flow and 2 days of spotting. And now my O has arrived CD 20 when it wasn't due till CD 30. My cycles since my miscarriage have been 40 days long with a 10 day LP. Another reason I thought my progesterone might be low the shortened LP. Will see how this cycle goes. Hopefully I've caught the eggie. and its a healthy sticky bean. If not I'll see how my cycle goes and maybe speak to my dr based on how my LP and my Period go this cycle.

Wishing you ladies luck. Talk soon :)
Attachments
37877608_2234806836548052_3108668737247510528_n.jpg
(213.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm in the US. Even here it really depends here where you are located exactly and how much monitoring is included. I was definitely surprised by how cheap it was.

My period used to be 4 -6 days, and at least 2 of those were heavy flow, then light-medium for a couple of days. Sometimes it would stop for a day and come back. I don't know what the change, but it could be any combination of the following:
* I had Hyperemesis with my last pregnancy and basically couldn't eat at all for a month, then very little. I lost a lot of weight while pregnant because I was starving and my metabolism never recovered. I have blood sugar issues now and I wonder if it's from that. Could be age, too, or just the additional weight I now carry that I can't seem to lose.
* I had a very complicated labor and emergency C-section. I don't know if getting scraped out after the C-section can change your period, but I've wondered.
* I had a mirena IUD in from 6 weeks pp for one year and never had any bleeding while on it, but did feel monthly cramps. It works by thinning your lining, so I've wondered if it could do so permanently. My original OBGYN said no, but I don't know if I believe him. He was wrong about a lot of other things! That being said, my new doc says my lining looks good. I have asked 4 different doctors about it, 3 of them OBGYNs, and they have all said period heaviness and length are not a reliable indicator of lining health.

An interesting thing to note-- I had an 10/11 day LP when I got pregnant with my son. I don't know if I just got lucky with him, or if I didn't have issues then. Nowy LP, unmedicated, is 11/12 days, usually 12. And with that LP, I still had such low progesterone my new doc didn't think I even O'd! On the letrozole, with a healthy progesterone reading, my LP has been 14 days the last two cycles. I was hoping that would mean a healthier looking period, but nope! It stayed exactly the same. It still makes me a little uncomfortable that it's so short and light, but I'm hoping all those doctors are right and it's not anything to worry about. In theory, we've "fixed" the only problem we found with the letrozole, so now it's just a waiting game to get that bfp and see if that did the trick.

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Oh, and i haven't temped in months and months, but my temp rise was sometimes rather slow. According to FF, that isn't necessarily a problem, as progesterone rises gradually for a lot of people, BUT if you do have a progesterone issue, your chart will often look that way. I would definitely ask to get your progesterone checked 7 dpo just to confirm you're ok there. It's such a simple thing to check.
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:05 am

I'm not going to do medicated until the Fall. I just want to relax over the next few months and not think about TTC. If we happen to get pregnant during that time, awesome! If not, no big deal. We're now at 15 months TTC. It gets draining after a while. I don't think I'll temp anymore either... MAYBE just during the time when I know I am ovulating to confirm, but once I have confirmed I will def stop. Taking your temp after you have ovulated seems so pointless for me. Having great temps literally mean nothing so I just find it stresses me out and gets my hopes up for no reason lol. I have no idea why this cycle was so good.. from the HSG? No idea... Hopefully I have a good cycle again this month, and it doesnt go back to being 40-50 days long lol.

I had slow rise in temps too and was checked at 7dpo and my progesterone was super super high, so the slow rise for me didn't mean low progesterone. If you don't get pregnant this cycle and your LP stays short I would have your progesterone checked, cause that could be the cause, and at least it's an easy fix!!
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi Ladies,

Shanay: I can understand you not wanting to do temping anymore. It can be very frustrating and stressful. But for me I tend to prefer it. I like to know everything. Think it makes me feel more in control :P 15 months is quite a long time. Have you been NTNP or have you been actively trying this whole time? Is this the first month after the HSG? Do your Drs think this is what originally caused the issue? I only ask as I was told if you haven't conceived in 12 months that you should see if there is an issue. But considering you have already had the HSG. I'm assuming you have seen a fertility dr? How has your AF been? Did you temp drop down before AF arrived? Thank you for the advice. If I don't end up up the duff I'll speak to my dr. Keep us posted with everything :D :babydustb:

Beecee: Thanks for the advice :D If I don't end up with a BFP this cycle I will definatly look into the blood test :) I'm sorry to hear you had such a run of bad luck with your pregnacy. I can sympathise with that. I had an emergency C Section with my little girl and a not so fun pregancy with her as well. Morning sickness my @ss. It should be called all day sickness LOL :rofl: . TBH I have the same fear that the C Section has caused some damange :( I hope not but if I don't fall within the next couple of months I'm going to enquire about it with my Dr. I have heared the IUD does cause some delay with periods. My friend has just come off it and has literally just told me the same thing. She is TTC and her period was only a couple of days long and very light. So maybe it is the IUD? LP can be so anoying :( I mean if its two short your screwed for pregnacy anyway and if its to long your left waiting and wondering. Serisosly sometimes I wish there was just a light that would shine out of your belly button when pregnacy was detected. That way there is no guessing LOL. Also Ive heard US is alot cheaper for things like IUI. Here you have to go through councilling to be approved for it and it cost $3000 a try. Which I think is a bit silly as hetrosexual couples just have to sleep together to get a baby. Homosexual couples have to jump through heaps of hoops. Wishing you the best of luck this cycle. keep us posted :babydustg:

AFM: I'm CD 8 and BFN :( I'm not to concerned as of yet. But my temperature while elevated is very bouncy and jagged :( Which does have me a little concerned as the only way I could get FF to confirm o was to disregard one of my really high temps 2 days before my O. And if I remove the positive OPKs which I got using Clear Blue Digital OPKs then it goes all wonky and says I'm on 12dpo which doesn't make sense as there is a 3 day decline in temp before it spikes up for good on CD 20. I've had Creamy cream since O and sore boobs. But that could be due to breastfeeing. Funny with TTC you notice everything about you body :P will keep you ladies posted. :babydustb: and :sticky: to you all
Attachments
37974689_2241938399168229_2545062113391411200_n (1).jpg
(233.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Shanay, not temping was the best decision for me! I had done it long enough that I didn't feel like I needed the confirmation of O and I found myself fearfully obsessing over my post O temps. My BFPs have all had the same pattern after O including an implantation dip and then another small one day dip right before my bfp. It just became too much for me searching for that pattern. I temped only around O for a cycle or two, then stopped temping all together and it helped the tww start going by much faster! I have had no trouble tracking O and even did a few cycles without OPKs. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I got about 4 days warning of ewcm and then very recognizable O pains. The pains would stop and within 6-8 hours, my cm would dry up. It was pretty empowering to realize I know my body well enough to recognize O on my own.

I'm back to using OPKs because my doctor wants me to, and I've considered temping this cycle just to see what my temps are like around O while on letrozole, but it's really nice not having to rely on those things anymore. There was a time when they gave me a sense of control, but once they were just adding to my stress, I knew it was time to back off.

Shia, that's crazy it's so expensive there! Our health system has a lot of problems here, but it does allow the freedom to shop around for a doctor and get things like this done when you are ready and can pay for it.

8 dpo is still very early! Do you have any other symptoms going on?

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi Ladies,

BeeCee: With Australia we do have things covered by free or discounted medical with Medicare. But we don't get to pick our healthcare providers unless we go private healthcare. IUI is private. But is discounted for people with fertility issues. Not discounted for same sex couples however. And still ahve the mandatory councilling. In saying that I believe the US doesn't have public health care everything is private? so health insurace required? As for symptoms. Creamy cream, sore boobs, had a couple of days of reflux and slight nausea and tiredness. But as its only 8dpo I'm putting that down to progestrone, normal body or breastfeeding :) I got an implantation dip with my little girl at 9dpo which is tomorrow. So hopefully I have the same thing. Otherwise i'll just keep testing till AF. :( Not particularly feeling confident this cycle.
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:50 pm

Yikes, that's rough! Yes, everything is private here, but most insurance plans don't cover fertility treatments. With creative billing, a lot of the tests can get covered, but things like IUI or IVF are rarely covered. Mine doesn't ever cover fertility meds (luckily my letrozole is covered because it's actually a cancer drug being used off label to induce ovulation).

Any update on your temp?

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:56 am

Hi Beecee,

Temp staying stable at 36.40. No temp dip indicating implantation and BFN on my tests. Only 9dpo though so not out yet but I've just got this feeling I am :(
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?