Confused!

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Confused!

Postby Linder89 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:26 am

Hi all, I am new to the forum. I am 29 years old and have been trying to conceive for a few months. I have irregular periods and was told by the doctors last year that I have an under active thyroid. However I did not take any medication and few months later it seems to have gone back to normal.
My gp wanted to make sure I am ovulating so checked my progesterone levels a few weeks ago, he has told me that I did not ovulate this cycle.
I am currently on day 48 on my cycle and my period is 15 days late. I personally don’t think the ovulation check could be accurate as I am still not on my period. I have done a few pregnancy tests which have all come back negative and I have light spotting today.
Anyone experienced anything similar? Any advice or help would be appreciated as I feel like I am going mad thinking about it!
Linder89

Re: Confused!

Postby Shia17 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi,

If you didnt ovulate at time of test or after this would explain the late cycle. You don't get your period until after your LP. Which is generally 14 days after ovulation. So no ovulation no period.

Depending on when or if you ovulated this cycle will determine when you get your period. You could have an anovulatory (spelling) . Also might be worth looking into your thyroid as it controls hormones that enable ovulation. If its low you might not ovulate.

With the spotting it could be AF , mud cycle bleeding or implantation bleeding. Just depends on if and when you od
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby RoloCat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:10 am

as previous posted said, AF won't come until you O. If you tested for O earlier in your cycle and it hadn't happened yet, AF will be late. The only way to know if/when you ovulate is to chart your BBT. Opks can help indicate an LH surge, but just because an opk is positive, it doesn't mean that you will ovulate. Some women have multiple LH surges every month before successful ovulation. If you are new to TTC and are having irregular (or potentially anovulatory) cycles, I would highly recommend that you start charting your temps. That will help you identify your pre-O symptoms and confirm ovulation. http://www.fertilityfriend.com is a free charting app that many here use. You can pay for an "advanced" version that includes some extras.

For temping, you'll want to use a digital thermometer. One that registers to the 100th of a degree is recommended over the ons that just register to the 10th of a degree (although I used the regular digitals and had no problem). Take your temp at the same time every morning, after at least 4hrs of uninterrupted sleep, and BEFORE you get out of bed. You might want to set an alarm for say 30min before you normally wake up to ensure a similar temping time every day. General rule of thumb is that 3+ days of raised temps relative to the previous 5-6d temps indicate that Ovulation happened on the last day of low temps. You can go to the charting section to see some examples of charts.

Remember that a chart won't tell you if you are pregnant. It will just give you information about each cycle: it can identify pre-O and pre-BFP symptoms, will tell you if/when you ovulated, and will tell you how long your cycle (total, and LP phase length) is. Typically, the LP (time between O and arrival of AF on a non-BFP cycle) will be 11-15d long. If you consistently have very long cycles, or cycles with an LP less than 10d, you might want to talk to your doctor.

GL
me: 41yo
DH: 42yo
married 11yrs, together 16 and just decided to start trying...

TTC#1 cycle 3:
6/10/14 CD1
6/29/14 CD20 ovulation
7/7/14 (8dpo) BFP
7/9/14 (10dpo) beta#1 hcg: 34.5 progesterone 20.8
7/11/14 (12dpo) beta#2 hcg 139
7/30/14 early u/s 6w5d HB 121
8/12/14 u/s 8w2d HB 175
9/11/12: It's a BOY!
10/29/14: 19wk ultrasound
11/26/14: 23wk ultrasound
12/23/14: 27wk ultrasound
12/31/14: gestational diabetes. Yuck.

3/6/15: Welcome to the world, Thomas Joseph "TJ" Roland (2 weeks early)
7:56pm
6lb 15oz
18in
RoloCat
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rozianaa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:13 pm

hi, hope so you are fine. I pray all goes fine .Don't be upset. All will be fine. I really understand your situation. My friend had gone through an accident. She had a miscarriage and after that news, she was shattered. That she cannot concieve again. But her husband support and love made her strong. Nowadays infertility is not a big problem. With the advancement of science. Many solutions are available. The method of surrogacy guarantees success. This is the reason she chose it. My best wishes to all women out here. Dealing with such issues. Prayers are with you. Just handle this situation calmly. Better things are surely on their way. Sending you lots of love dear. Take care of yourself.
rozianaa

Postby natallia » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:30 am

Omg! I felt so emotional to read this. I know infertility is not at all easy to deal with. You really need to be courageous for this. And, I appreciate the fact that you really are. Dealing with all this with a positive approach is impressive. One must remain hopeful if they select the right clinic. The hard roads often lead to beautiful destinations. I myself have visited a clinic called Biotexcom. They leave no stone unturned to help you enjoy the journey of motherhood. this clinic did wonders. I now have a healthy baby boy via IVF. You can meet the amazing and cooperative team at the event that they are arranging soon. it would be helpful for you. I wish a good luck to all those going through the same.
natallia
Friend

Postby emma228 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:48 am

Hey. You shouldn't lose hope and try your best. I hope things go right in your way. It's really the worst feeling of not Conceiving. I had Uterine polyps disease. I was left infertile. I was so helpless. I had no other options left. I didn't want to go for unnatural methods. As they were not legal in our country. Then one of my friends suggested me to go for Surrogacy. She implied that with this method you will have your own biological baby. So I decided to go For Surrogacy in Europe as it's not legal in our country. There I found a healthy and cooperative Surrogate. She gave birth to our child. I am so happy and blessed to have her.
emma228
Friend

Postby lillyP28 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:50 am

Hi. May God bless you. Hope you are alright. I wish you will not infertile. Infertility is proliferating fastly. It is very hard to overcome this. This thing breaks a woman totally. I was once facing this. I was infertile due to fatigue injury. Then I visited a clinic for infertility clinic. Thanks to God that that clinic helped me a lot. I am grateful to them. I am a blessed mother now just because of them.
lillyP28

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?