Pregnant on Birth Control?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Pregnant on Birth Control?

Postby Minalko » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Has anyone gotten pregnant on LoLo birth control before? I'm having some crazy symptoms that shouldn't be happening, and just don't know what to think.
I had a positive OPK on Friday afternoon, which was preceeded by a crazy sex drive all day Thursday. Friday I was super dizzy and nauseated too. Saturday I had ovulation pain-I know what my O pains feel like, and this was definitely it-and I've been bloated, gassy, and constipated ever since. My cervix was also SHOW that day, and today (5dpo) it's high and medium-hard. I've also gotten, (today), EWCM, where before I had milky/creamy CM. My right nipple had a weird twinge in it earlier today which reminded me exactly of what my let-down felt like when I was breastfeeding our DD.
Am I crazy? Am I imagining things? Is it technically possible? I know that before my last pregnancy, I did have a chemical pregnancy, which is was led to DD, but I don't remember feeling ovulation pain that time around. With a missed period, ovulation pain, a positive OPK, and all these other symptoms, I'm really starting to wonder.
Minalko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Pregnant on Birth Control?

Postby Minalko » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:35 pm

I'm going to add some symptoms here as they come along: this morning I woke up super depressed and irritable. As the day has worn on it's gotten worse. I'm also extremely tired-to the point where I'm debating going home from work to just sleep. I'm having hot flashes as well. I honestly just don't know what's going on.
Minalko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Minalko » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:22 pm

Aaand I'm just going to keep adding symptoms: not as tired as yesterday, but not exactly at full energy levels either. Woke up sweaty this morning-not sure if it was just external temperatures or my own body, though I have been noticing I've been warmer than usual.
Mild cramping/twinging in my uterus this morning-kind-of like period cramps but so mild they're not really noticeable.
Checked my CP/CM this afternoon-same time I always do-and it's high, so high I can barely reach it, and medium-soft. The biggest change I noticed was the CM on my finger after checking my cervix-it was slightly stretchy and mildly brown-just the faintest hint of brown but clear enough to show up on toilet paper.
I'm keeping my eyes on this, as all the symptoms are aligning too nicely for me right now. I would be 7dpo, if you count from the day of my positive OPK, or 6dpo if you count from ovulation pains.
Minalko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sandy Lady » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:10 am

Hey there! Now-a-days. Every common men is suffering from the diseases. This diseases can spoiled the human’s health very rapidly. But peoples cannot take It seriously. Doctors are working on it and find the cause where this diseases is start’s from? But there is no problem, I want to share a good news with you. An event is coming. This event is good and more informative then other events. An team of doctors are coming and they’ll help the patients. There are so many doctors that can work for the patients right. Some welfare’s are also work for the patients right. So, make a plan with friends and attend this event.
Sandy Lady

Postby Dini » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:59 am

Hi Minalko, can I ask how come you were tracking ovulation with OPKs if you're on the pill? And how come you're also ovulating if you are on the pill? I don't believe you should be ovulation if you're taking the combined pill correctly.
Just to answer your question, I've never been pregnant on birth control pill. And as far as I know, I've never ovulated on the combined pill either (I did on the mini-pill, but still didn't get pregnant).
Are you planning on testing soon?
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Amanda321 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:49 pm

No that’s not strange at all. At this level where you think it’s not possible. Everything is possible. Word itself says I’m possible. If you kept on birth control pills and didn’t know about your pregnancy, then it’s ok. Nothing goes worst enough. some symptoms appear due to hormonal change which shows your pregnancy. But once you know that you are ovulating, stop taking pills on regular basis. It will not increase the risk of your baby defects. I think you must visit your physician. Because it is hard to conclude something just on the basis of estimations. He will guide you best. These birth control pills affect your periods but not your baby birth. I am hoping to hear some positive words from your side. Let’s see what happen.
Amanda321

Postby 7Mk1973 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:35 pm

I personally have not been pregnant on the pill, but my mom got pregnant with my older sister on the pill. She couldn't convince the doctor she was pregnant, at first. When he did check her finally, she was 7 months and hemorrhaging and had lost my sister's twin. Years later, when I was 18 and working my first job, a coworker was eating so many pickles and was always so hungry, we joked she was pregnant. She told us she couldn't be bc she was on the pill. I jokingly told her about my mom. Well, it turns out my joke was right and she was indeed pregnant. If you suspect you are, you should discontinue taking the pill.
7Mk1973
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Minalko » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:04 pm

Dini wrote:Hi Minalko, can I ask how come you were tracking ovulation with OPKs if you're on the pill? And how come you're also ovulating if you are on the pill? I don't believe you should be ovulation if you're taking the combined pill correctly.
Just to answer your question, I've never been pregnant on birth control pill. And as far as I know, I've never ovulated on the combined pill either (I did on the mini-pill, but still didn't get pregnant).
Are you planning on testing soon?

Dini, I took the LH test because I had symptoms of ovulation. I get quite strong ovulation pains, and was quite nauseated that morning, so I took a test thinking that I may actually have been pregnant, as LH tests can technically detect that. That's why I took it, and how I knew I had an LH surge.
Minalko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Minalko » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:05 pm

7Mk1973 wrote:I personally have not been pregnant on the pill, but my mom got pregnant with my older sister on the pill. She couldn't convince the doctor she was pregnant, at first. When he did check her finally, she was 7 months and hemorrhaging and had lost my sister's twin. Years later, when I was 18 and working my first job, a coworker was eating so many pickles and was always so hungry, we joked she was pregnant. She told us she couldn't be bc she was on the pill. I jokingly told her about my mom. Well, it turns out my joke was right and she was indeed pregnant. If you suspect you are, you should discontinue taking the pill.

nothing's impossible, especially if you're on a low-dose pill like I am. I did end up getting a faint positive, but it was a chemical pregnancy so didn't last. Not a big deal for me, as these are quite common for women, but definitely tells me I need to keep listening to my body, and maybe switching birth control, lol.
Minalko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dini » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Minalko, thanks for coming back and updating! Switching birth control sounds like a good idea! Lol!
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby 7Mk1973 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Yes switching bcp is a great idea if there is a possibility of getting pregnant. After she had my sister, and then me (I'm a rhythm method baby :D ). She started taking the highest dose of bcp there was, at the time, bc she and dad were so fertile together, but she had to come off of them bc they made her so sick. She told my dad that he'd have to take care of it, if he wasn't ready for another bc she'd rather be pregnant than that sick for no reason. :rofl: I, too, think cp are pretty common. I'm pretty sure I've had a few myself, bc of the lateness of my af, if I go over 31 days without her, but then get her, I'm pretty sure it's a chemical. I'm usually between 25 and 27 cycle days.
7Mk1973
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?