2 days late - should I test

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

2 days late - should I test

Postby Bigtoe » Tue May 21, 2019 8:19 am

I’m 42 and been ttc #2 for over a year. Over the past 6 months my cycle has been getting longer (it was 25 days and very regular before but now it can be anything up to 30 days. This has meant that every month I think I’m late, get all excited that this might be the month but then get my period :-(
I’ve done a few tests over the last few months and it’s so horrible to see a negative result.
I am now on day 32 since my last period. I used Clearblue OPK this month and according to that I ovulated on day 14 so I’m now 18 dpo. Not sure whether to do a test. Am getting the normal cramps I get every month. Little bit of nausea but I sometimes have that with PMT. Don’t want the disappointment of a negative test but also going a bit crazy wondering whether I am pregnant! Please Help!
Bigtoe

Re: 2 days late - should I test

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 pm

I totally understand how negative results are heartbreaking but a wise friend told me action equals power and if you take a test you have power over the situation. You will know what the next step is. Positive vibes for you!!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: 2 days late - should I test

Postby hannahdavid » Wed May 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Hey, I can understand how stressful this all must be for you. However, stay calm and positve. I am sure you will get a BFP. You can test just to get your head clear. Mainly because otherwise, you won't stop thinking about it. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way. Do keep us updated.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?