Spotting before AF arrives...anyone else?

Cramping? Spotting? Obsessing? Share and compare your symptoms in the 2WW!

Moderators: southernbelle, maddy, unaffected, JessM

Spotting before AF arrives...anyone else?

Postby Lynner405 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Hi..I'm new to this site and wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem as me. About 7 days before AF arrives I will start with brown discharge (sorry TMI). Then it changes to brownish/red and then AF arrives. It is all pretty light...I just wear a pantyliner. I have been to 3 doctors about it..one said I probably had endo and wanted to put me on the pill and two others said not to really worry about it. I am ttc for baby #2 after a blighted ovum in September (had same spotting for that pregnancy)...and with my 9 month old son I became pregnant immediately after going off of the pill, so I had no spotting. I just wanted to know if anyone else has this same spotting problem and what their doctors said about it. Thanks so much!! Lynn
Lynner405
Friend

Postby Michellelynn219 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:01 pm

Hi :hi: I am on month 9 ttc #2. I have a 27 day cycle and I spot every month on cycle day 23. I have been seeing an RE since May and he said it was not a problem and most likely caused by the uterine fibroid that I have or.....it could be from my thyroid- I am hypothyroid. I spotted 10 days prior to af back in 2004 and I was able to conceive. There are a few woman on here that have the same problem and they don't have any answers as to why either. Have you had your progesterone checked. It could be low which could cause spotting. I had mine checked last month and it was good. Just a thought.

I Hope you get your :bfp: soon.
Baby Dust :)
Michelle, 43
Married 8.5 years
SAHM

God is AWESOME!
Nicholas 6yrs- Concv'd cycle 18 via IUI/50mgs clomid w/3mil swimmers
Brianna 2.5-Concv'd naturally w/ < 1 mil swimmers cycle 24 after 11 failed IUI's
2- cesareans
May 06 dx Hashimotos

Fur baby -Gracie born 2/6/2011
Shihpoo
I believe in the power of prayer

My Ovulation Chart
Michellelynn219
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby prayin4baby » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:20 pm

I actually have the same problem. I started spotting about 1 week ago. AF is due today and nothing. I have the brown discharge too. Normally it doesn't last that long. I usually start spotting about3 days before AF. My RE says my progeterone is good. He doesn't seem to think it's endo. Who know the body is a strange thing.
prayin4baby

Postby WannaPeanut » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:46 am

Yes...and this was one of the signs I had before being diagnosed with Endo after a lap.
Me-40 ; DH -41
TTC #1 for 4 yrs 8 months - infertility sucks!
Stage 1 endo; lap in 05; all clear
MFI - 42mil total sperm (normal sperm only 20% -below 30% avg)
IUI +50mg clomid March '06- failed
surprise natural BFP 3.26.08 !!!
Miracle son born 11/18/2008 - our Thanksgiving Miracle
ImageImage

Angel baby: 05/21/2013 - Missed MC at 9wks4d- D&C :(
08/2013 - green light to TTC #2 again and been trying ever since.
Diagnosed with low AMH - basically I have low ovarian reserve so we need another miracle!
WannaPeanut
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lynner405 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:14 am

Well thanks for the imput. I haven't had my progesterone checked...but what can they do for that if it is low??? I had one doc say it was endo, but I have no other signs of it, so the other two I went to said they couldn't tell without a lap....and they wouldn't do it since I have no other symptoms. I am going to my Ob at the end of the month to again talk to her about it...so I will wait and see what she says. Thanks though!!
Lynner405
Friend

Return to Pregnancy Symptoms?