metformin and weight loss?

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

metformin and weight loss?

Postby essiejames23 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:13 am

Has anyone had luck? The doctor insists that it will help me shed the 50 lbs i need to lose (pcos)
essiejames23
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: metformin and weight loss?

Postby marisajl » Thu May 07, 2015 3:57 pm

So I started met the day I got my BFP but my doctor told me to keep taking it. I've lost about 8 lbs in 2 weeks but I don't know if that's from food aversion. But honestly I do think some is from the met.
TTC baby #1 since July 2013
On metformin for suspected pcos

very first BFP on 4/21/2015!!!
EDD 01/02/2016

1 Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4e84a8]Image
marisajl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby baezor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:53 pm

metformin is mostly used to regulate the insulin sensitivity of the body. Although insulin is the key to mostly all fat production and blood sugar control in the body you cant just lose weight using metformin.Plus the side effect for some people can be hard to manage. It is good for PCOS so there that. I would suggest you start IF for the weight loss it works wonders. Take care love baezor out. :D <3
baezor
Friend

Postby terryd » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:56 pm

I was in a similar situation. Keep up the efforts! Some things that worked for me:

- Get off of sugar and alcohol. Be honest with yourself and spend at least 60 days cutting it all out!
- Are you willing to try out some supplements? There's been a lot of research on keto diets helping with weight loss and one way to get into a keto diet. Keto diets can really help with weight loss and I used a good MCT oil in my coffee to help with it.
- Portion control. Throw out all your big plates and bowls and get smaller ones.

If you work hard at it, you won't need metformin at all :)
terryd

Return to Overweight and Infertile