Does anyone else worry about this?

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby JessM » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Thanks!

IT'S A BOY!
Declan 12/31/11 at 10:29 PM
JessM

Failed IUi Cause of my weight?

Postby brdwaybabytoo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:16 pm

I am still overweight after losing 60 pounds. I had two failed IUI and keep blaming myself. But I had every test in the book done and all checked out. I saw high risk doc and got thumbs up. People say it could take normally 4-6 tries but I can't stop feeling like its my fault. I would love someone to talk to about this.

Shari
brdwaybabytoo
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alyce » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:21 pm

gorgeous!! theres no mistaking that belly!!
my sister in law is over 400 pounds and i could not tell she was pregnant even when she was overdue. But i think thats a whole different ballgame!
when she was about 8 weeks she was telling people her giant stomach was her "baby belly", even though it was the same size when she wasnt pregnant. I suppose its good how pregnancy makes some women feel more comfortable in their skin. i on the other hand, felt like everyone just thought i was "fat". i had a belly by 16 weeks and was so embarrassed to show up to birthing classes while all the other mums who were further along than me had like no belly at all! looking back at pictures i think my belly was gorgeous.. i didnt look fat at all, just pregnant. like they say, hindsight is 20/20! now that I am much larger I feel a little silly for the way I felt about my weight when I was pregnant.
I hope everyone enjoys their pregnancy bodies, no matter what size.

I just HAVE to spit this out!! my sister in law was meant to be my bridesmaid and when we ordered her dress it was a size 30. (in australian sizes) size 16 is the largest size sold in normal stores for women.
TTC over 3 years. 6 cycles 100mg Clomid, 5 BFNs 1 Ectopic. Lap and fertility testing, DX Unexplained Infertility.
BFP 8/12: Ectopic pregnancy - treated unsucessfully with Methotrexate, then surgically removed in emergency surgery.
10/12: Found out my right tube is deformed and my left tube is badly damaged from the Ectopic pregnancy. Advised to move onto IVF because I have almost no chance of conceiving naturally.
Alyce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Missclaire86 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Probably a bit late to post here but glad to hear some people with same concern...I am overweight however I have an enormous chest (36hh UK) on a small 5'5 frame. My biggest concern is my boobs....they are already a struggle so I'm more than a little scared of how big they could get.

Hope you have all had BFP since you were last here

X
Missclaire86
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:52 am

No matter what weight you are prior to pregancy ... the pregnant belly suits every women
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SILKROSE1982 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:04 am

I was 229 when I conceived DD. I worried about the same thing! But, I LOVED the way I looked pregnant. I only gained 16 lbs. with her because I exercised and ate right the whole time. People could feel the baby move (DH was deployed so of course he couldn't) at around 18 weeks just like normal sized mommas.

I actually found it quite easy to find plus sized maternity clothes at the goodwill and Motherhood/JCPenny's and Old Navy.

36 Weeks: Image

The day I went into labor: Image

4 weeks After I had her on St. Patties Day (She is a Valentine's Baby): Image

When I left the hospital, I couldn't even wear my maternity clothes. I put on my clothes from pre-baby, and they fit exactly the same (size 16/18). The only difference, was my fat was re-proportioned. I had a baby fat pouch.
So, all of you that have this fear, DON"T. You will look GORGEOUS pregnant. I was so happy. Just be careful and eat correctly and exercise.
Me 30 + DH 28 = 3/29/2010

Our Little Valentine
Kaitlyn Elizabeth Marie 2/14/2011 (12 months TTC)
Angel Babies: Phillip Scott (7/4/2007 @ 19w4d), Baby #2 6w5d, Baby #3 5w6d, Baby #4 7w5d.

TTC#2-ntnp since 2/14/12. Now temping/charting/OPK's.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
SILKROSE1982
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SILKROSE1982 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:06 am

Missclaire86 wrote:Probably a bit late to post here but glad to hear some people with same concern...I am overweight however I have an enormous chest (36hh UK) on a small 5'5 frame. My biggest concern is my boobs....they are already a struggle so I'm more than a little scared of how big they could get.

Hope you have all had BFP since you were last here

X

My boobs did get HUGE! I went from a 38 DD to an F cup while breastfeeding! So, yeah, now they sag :( But they are back to a DD!
Me 30 + DH 28 = 3/29/2010

Our Little Valentine
Kaitlyn Elizabeth Marie 2/14/2011 (12 months TTC)
Angel Babies: Phillip Scott (7/4/2007 @ 19w4d), Baby #2 6w5d, Baby #3 5w6d, Baby #4 7w5d.

TTC#2-ntnp since 2/14/12. Now temping/charting/OPK's.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
SILKROSE1982
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:43 am

what a great story .. thanks for the inspiration
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JessM » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 am

I showed great all the way to the end! I loved how I looked pregnant. Everyone always commented how great I looked. Now 8 months PP, without dieting I am 20 lbs LIGHTER than i was when I conceived. Go BFing!

IT'S A BOY!
Declan 12/31/11 at 10:29 PM
JessM

Re: Does anyone else worry about this?

Postby vraklis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 am

I feel so encouraged seeing the beautiful pregnancy photos of you ladies! I have gained 25 pounds this year because I'm an emotional eater and boy, is TTC stressful! LOL! So I've been discouraged, thinking I should try to lose weight before TTC b/c I will gain even more weight and I'm scared of how big I'll be. But you ladies are GORGEOUS and shame on me for thinking any pregnant momma wouldn't be. Thank you.
"Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying." Romans 12:12

Me: 35 DH: 48
TTC since 2000
MF, delayed ovulation, low estrogen, luteal phase defect, low
DS conceived through first donor insemination 11/23/13
DIUI April 2015 - BFN, AF came 9DPO
DIUI with estrogen, Ovidrel, and progesterone 3/9/16
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby vraklis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 am

PS I'm much bigger now than I am in my photo, BTW! That was taken before the gain. :)
"Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying." Romans 12:12

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby NavyWifeyy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:55 pm

I totally worry about this! It hurts sometimes people assume I'm pregnant now and I'm like .....what?! It's hard not thinking of the negative but stay strong love!
NavyWifeyy
Friend

Postby vraklis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:27 am

CariBari, that is awesome! Well done! What did you do to lose the weight? And too funny, yes that was before I turned into a dog, so apparently I have bigger problems than my weight now. LOL! I got pregnant weighing 190 which is SO not what I had planned but I'm eating really healthy and plan to ask the doc if it's OK for me to not gain or even lose weight during the pregnancy b/c I have two friends who went into their pregnancies obese and never gained weight.

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby vraklis » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Thank you for your story, that is awesome! I love that you are real and didn't say you have been eating perfect and never have anything junky. It's inspiring to hear your story b/c you made it to such a small size even while having your weekly indulgence!

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Happyfroggy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:07 pm

JessM wrote: My weight is pretty spread out, but I'm worried that my husband won't be able to feel the baby kicking and that I won't look pregnant! I'm trying to lose weight while TTC.

Hi I realized I'm posting late to this (and I'm not plus size, but I like to read posts in all the forums...don't kick me out! :shh: ) but I just wanted to point out that if you do find yourself not able to feel the baby don't automatically blame yourself!!!

I am quite slim and it took a LONG, LONG time to hear my baby's heart for the first time (many visits left in tears over this) and it took a really long time before I felt the baby too. Like four weeks later than the other people in my birth club. My baby also wasn't much of a kicker! Apparently, I'm 'thick-walled' in the front or something and my placenta was likely in the front as well.

Anyway, long ramble short, I just wouldn't want you to feel bad if you had these issues and think it was your weight so I wanted to post to tell you that as a "skinny" person my DH did not get to feel the baby move very much at all!

Oh and the baby was healthy and happy and fine! :D
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Overweight and Infertile