Worried

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Worried

Postby Lola27 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Ladies:
You all hit the nail right on the head. I am really worried about my being plus sized and TTC. To add to that worry I am not ovulating regularly and I have simple hyperplasia. I have heard conflicting things as to whether or not I would be able to get preggers. The first Dr I saw said not to worry about it and I may just have a hormone imbalance and my weight shouldn't deter me from getting preggers. The second Dr I saw said that with everything especially my weight it would be highly unlikely that I would succeed at getting pregnant. So I am conflicted and not sure how to proceed. Me and DH have kind of given it a rest for a while...but I really want to figure out what to do. I have friends who are/were about as heavy as me when they gave birth. (I weigh about 295).

Any advice you ladies could give me would be awesome.
Lola27

Postby chrisandkarene » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:28 pm

sorry for the delay I hope you get it...

as long as you O normallly your weight should be a problem...

use OPKs and educate your self.. I have a friend who did the gastric bypass and then got pregnant in 6 months just an idea
Karene (27) Dx'd with PCOS: Hubby Chris 29:

DD born 6/27/09 Clomid baby after ttc 16 months
DS born 1/11/2011 surprise BFP
chrisandkarene
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jess9342 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:45 am

I've always heard that I wouldn't be able to conceive because I was over weight and therefore wouldn't have regular cycles..... but my cycles are like clock work.

The doctors are always confused by me. They literally tell me to my face, "you're overweight. You have to have high cholesterol or diabetes or an irregular cycle."

I think as long as you have a regular cycle you should be ok :)

Good luck!!!!
Me: 30
DH: 36
Ratchet (furbaby): 3
Einstein (shelled baby?): about 6 (he's a Red Ear Slider turtle)

09/20/12 - BFP
10/12/12 - Diagnosed Blighted Ovum
10/15/12 - Medical m/c started
2/17/13 - BFP!! Hoping this one sticks :)
3/18/13 - Heard and saw the heartbeat! Measuring at 8w4d so I'm right on schedule.
6/10/13 - It's a boy!!!!!!!!!

Jess9342
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Overweight and Infertile