Xenical - TTC

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby goobermom » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:47 am

lol...sounds like you have a blast with christmas!! wrapped already!?!? love it!! my husband would be jealous...he likes to shop early and feels like he is behind.

the phone session is wednesday! cycle day 12 today, of about a 26 day cycle...then will try the new drug!!

have a great weekend!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:55 am

:hi:

Well I weighed in on Saturday and I hadn't lost a single pound, i was so disappointed!! :(

Then on Sunday morning i weighed in again, and bang, i am now down another 2.2 pounds. LOL! So not sure what that was all about - but i checked this morning and it is still down by that much so it wasn't just luck... i hope!

How are you feeling about the phone session coming up this week?

:mrgreen:
ME (32) :hb: DH (30)
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010
*March 17th 2012* BFP *April 13th 2012* 7w5d MC :angel: *Faint BFP on May 20th 2012* Stick precious baby Stick! :praying: for my Pregnancy.

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Hello, sounds like a good loss! Keep it up! I only lost .2 this week, not good! The phone session went well, I understand their process better now :) and am excited to get started! I ate bad yesterday n today...ugh for stress.
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:06 am

Hey! :hi:

Don't worry about the 0.2 loss, it is better than a gain and sometimes we reach a plateau where our bodies stay the same for a couple of weeks and if AF is around the corner that doesn't help either! :(

I have learned that it is okay to have bad days - because we are not super human, and occassionally i have them too. Don't beat yourself up about it, just pick yourself up and move on, it's happened and you cannot change it - so don't dwell on it!

LOL! I will need you to send me this mail when i mail you on Monday and say i haven't lost anything!! LOL!!

Glad to hear the session went well, when do you start the new drug, and what is it? :D
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010
*March 17th 2012* BFP *April 13th 2012* 7w5d MC :angel: *Faint BFP on May 20th 2012* Stick precious baby Stick! :praying: for my Pregnancy.

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:24 pm

hello! thanks for the support! it was good to hear! i did better with eating the last few days and that feels good.
well AF showed friday on cycle day 19!?!? i have never started that early so i am not sure what is up. RE still wants to start the meds this cycle which is i am happy to do. so monday i will go in for a baseline follicle ultrasound and start the meds monday. i filled the prescription today!

hope you are having a good weekend! i am looking forward to the thanksgiving holiday this coming week, i have two days off of work, so a four day weekend that will be filled with family and food (yikes!! my goal will be to not gain weight which will be difficult as we will be with family for at least 3 of those days, with big turkey/potato meals!!). my rule is going to be no second helpings and only one piece of pie a day! lol :)
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:18 am

Wow! CD19?? That is SUPER early!! Did you chart through the cycle?? Oh my, what does the Dr say? Do you think its perhaps the diet?

Oh goodie :D does that mean you started your meds on monday then? I hope they do the trick for you and your cycle works out well with a BFP for you!!

Yeah, thanks, i had a good weekend, done some more Christmas Shopping and arranging to pack cases for my trip home to SA. So excited!! :jump:

I weighed in on Sunday, and i lost another 3lbs this last week so in total i am down just over a stone - so chuffed about it! Although AF is on her way now, so am doubting i will lose much this week... :x

Ooh that sounds nice, we don't have Thanks Giving here, just the normal Christmas holidays... Well, most of the time we work through the month, just with the days off over the festive period, but in terms of food, yip, it seems pretty standard, we also pig out... i am going to try not to. :roll: although i know that is a challenge on it's own, since i havent been home for nearly two years now, so i am dying to sink my teeth into some South African goodies!! :D

I like your rule though, and i think i may adopt it!! :)
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:39 pm

i can sense your excitement for going home!! super exciting!! and AWESOME job on losing 3 pounds!!

i went for my baseline ultrasound yesterday and they found a cyst, so no fert. meds this cycle....i have to take BCP instead :( i shed some tears last night and have been a bit down today. i guess i pray that i go back at the start of next cycle and the cyst is gone and we can do the meds that cycle.
on a positive note i lost 1.6 pounds tonight- 21 lbs total!! i'm feeling good!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:26 am

:sob:

Oh dear hun, i am so sorry to hear about the cyst! What causes it do you know? Does the BCP get rid of it completely? I hope so. Sorry babe.

Well done though on losing another 1.6lbs - thats super awesome news! WOW 21lbs thats brilliant news!! :jump:

No one can blame you for feeling a little down, but i guess you can say at least Christmas is coming up and you can have a stress free Christmas. But nothing is stopping you from BD'ing when you O anyway - regardless of the cyst. :)

Chin up honey!! :hugs:
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:35 pm

thanks! i am trying to be patient and am looking forward to the holidays!

have a great rest of your week! i may not been on here much as we will be busy with family (unless i sneak away and need a break lol)
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:24 am

Enjoy your holidays, and we can catch up soon after that!!

:D
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:21 pm

hello- the holidays went well, but i ate way way too much food!! i am going to eat salads, fruit, and veggies until i weigh in tuesday! lol
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:05 am

Hi there!

Glad you had fun - as long as you enjoyed yourself! I am sure a few days on the binge won't hurt...

I weighed in again this weekend and another 2lbs down, so far i have lost 14.7 lbs, I am so chuffed! Slowly but surely does the trick!

Good luck for your weigh in, let me know how it goes! Have to go weigh in with the Doc myself on Thursday for more pills! :roll:
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:55 pm

:) great job on your loss! You are doing fabulous! Yay!
I lost 1.2 lbs tonight! I think we will both each our goals and be in better health for the job of parenting!

Work is very busy so I am looking forward to the weekend already lol and I better do some shopping thus weekend. how's your week? Good luck at the doctor!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:17 am

Hi! :hi:

TGIF!! :D

How are things with you?

So, I went to the Dr yesterday, now, I have lost 9lbs since I saw him last and he doesn’t think it is enough, he reckons I should have lost more than that – maybe double???? :cry: I was quite down when I heard that, because here I am thinking I am plodding along nicely and he comes and bursts my bubble saying its not good enough!!

Well, then again, he did ask if I was going to the gym and I had to lie and say yes – twice a week otherwise he won’t prescribe the pills – although I try and get some walking in on the weekends, he probably thinks that’s why I should have lost more – he also recommended that I drop my calorie intake (which I told him is between 1300-1500) down to 1000 and 1200 max on a bad day… As I keep a diary of what I am eating each day I am quite good at counting my calories and making sure I try not to go over is 1500 which is already less than the recommended daily allowance of 2000 to maintain weight. Anyway, it's all quite stressful - but i suppose i just have to carry on and do my best!! :roll:

Enough about me, whats up your side? :)
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:38 pm

i agree....do your best! and you are dropping weight!! you could even walking place for 20 minutes at home or get some are weights if he wants you to throw in a bit more exercise (heheh...i say that while i have plopped myself on the couch the last few nights without doing a single bit of exercise). i think you are doing GREAT!! it is not easy to lose weight!

i am so glad it is friday...i am exhausted! i think i may take a little nap, and then it is volleyball night! yay!! we also will finish our christmas decorating this weekend, i love this time of year :) hubby and i are trying to figure out insurance for next year....what a headache. we are trying to figure out if it would be better for me to go with his or to stick with mine.
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Overweight and Infertile