Xenical - TTC

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby Birdie01 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:07 am

Hey Goobermom,
How are you doing? Thanks for the motivation - it is getting harder now that Christmas is on the approach, I have customer dinners to attend and our Christmas party on Friday to go to. And it's not just the food that you have to contend with, you can't exactly go to the bar and order water at a Christmas party can you!! :? And of course my boss who is a lover of WINE has loads of the stuff on the tables, so I may just have to pace myself with a glass or two - one good thing i guess, is the food is quite fancy so i suppose it will be cooked without too much fat involved - hopefully! Anyway, must just get on with it!!

I have cut down on my calories, but i am finding that i have a headache by the end of the day - this week, from Sunday, i have been on about 1100 calories a day, give or take a couple. This last weigh in i only lost a pound - so i am up to 16lbs now - which is where you were at at the beginning of this thread! YAY!! :jump:

Thankfully the Dr has prescribed me two months of pills for over Dec and Jan - so hope to lose quite a bit by the time i see him again!!

All you Christmas shopping done then? :)
ME (32) :hb: DH (30)
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010
*March 17th 2012* BFP *April 13th 2012* 7w5d MC :angel: *Faint BFP on May 20th 2012* Stick precious baby Stick! :praying: for my Pregnancy.

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:15 pm

hi birdie! 16 lbs!! AWESOME!!! :jump2: you are going to catch me pretty soon....keep it up!!! we will have to touch base through the holiday times, as i hear you about how hard it is with all the things/holiday stuff. you gotta have some wine though..yum!

i am having a tougher week...tired, stressed :( yuck, but the week will be done before i know it then its the weekend!

i am almost done with christmas shopping! just a few more things to get and then wrapping time!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:49 am

Hi Goobermom!

How did you get a red bouncy thing? :)

:jump2: LIKE THAT! :D

Well, don't feel too bad babe, we all have those weeks where nothing seems to be going right! Don't worry, it will fix itself you will see. Next week is another week and you can start again then. Hopefully things will get easier for you, leading up to Christmas.

We are due to leave next Wednesday for SA, so I am not sure how much time i will get to chat online, simply because internet in SA is terrible and hardly anyone has it - so forgive me if you don't hear from me till the new year!

Oh goodie! Love wrapping presents, i reckon i should do it for a living - a present wrapping service! Although i don't think i would get paid much for it!! LOL! :roll:

We are all done with our shopping and wrapping... and Saturday my hubby and I are having early Christmas for each other, so when we get to SA we can say what we got for Christmas, instead of waiting till we get back, cos by then the whole Christmas spirit will be over pretty much... so only 3 days to go for me then CHRISTMAS! :wave:

Not looking forward to my weigh in this weekend after our Christmas party on Friday...

How are you otherwise? :mrgreen:
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010
*March 17th 2012* BFP *April 13th 2012* 7w5d MC :angel: *Faint BFP on May 20th 2012* Stick precious baby Stick! :praying: for my Pregnancy.

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:24 pm

lol, love the line of colored guys!!! um a little jealous...your christmas will be here soon!! my husband wrapped my gifts today, so they are sitting under the tree tauntying me!!
you will have to fill me in on your trip when you get back!!
today was a bit better....got a bit done at work!! and have a super full day tomorrow, which means it will go by super fast, then friday i have some down time to go more catching up and then it is volleyball night, YAY!!
love it...gift wrapping service!! i would join you...i could personalize the paper and you do the wrapping!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 am

I LOVE that idea!! Lets make a business together doing that! LOL!! Thats a great idea!! :)

Yay!! :jump: only one day left for me (not including today!) for Christmas!! :) So excited it's rediculous!! (Given my age!!) :roll:

It's always good to keep busy and when time flies its even better!! Will definitely catch up when i get back from my trip, but i am only leaving on Wednesday so Tuesday next week will be my last catch up!! :)

I haven't done much exercise this week and am worried about my weigh in... might weigh tomorrow instead of Saturday ...
Hmmm... almost O time for me too... so time to get a BD on as well... :D

Where are you in your cycle at the moment then?
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:12 pm

good luck with your weigh in!!! and that is awesome that you are still excited for christmas! my husband is like a child when it comes to this holiday. he gets so excited about buying gifts for others and wrapping!

i have a couple days of birth control pills (for the cyst) left, so i am not quite sure when AF will show. once she does i will go in for another monitoring u/s and pray that the cyst is gone. i am thinking early next week!?
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:48 am

Well - i chickened out and didn't weigh in this morning, i will try again on Sunday... or even tomorrow... fingers crossed i have lost a little at least!! :fingersx:

I know what you mean when you say your hubby is like a child, i have the same with mine, except I do all the wrapping for him (obviously) and the family presents, because he just doesnt get a look in! LOL! But he natrually has to do mine! :mrgreen:

Well the bad news is my OPK was negative yesterday, but close enough that i think i may O today or tomorrow - and luckily we got a BD in last night so tonight will be out the question i know that for sure, but hopefully Saturday should be okay... that reminds me - i need to order more pee sticks!!

Shame hun, i hope your cyst has shrunk and gone away.. what do you think caused it?
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 pm

oh, good luck with your weigh-in! if it is a loss, AWESOME, if not, then it is a new week and you keeep on keeping on :)

i am thinking the cyst may have been triggered by my last dose of injectables. it was high and i did not respond to it and after that i had lots of spotting throughout my cycle. but that is just a guess. i just hope it is gone and done!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:14 am

hi!! :)

When are you going to check if the cyst has gone??

I weighed in on the weekend and I lost another 2 lbs which i am SO excited about! I really hope i can keep up the good work over Christmas in SA!!

Only two days left at work for me and then we are off for three weeks! So looking forward to the break!!

When do you finish work? :jump:
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:36 pm

two more lbs....awesome job!!!

i am waiting for AF to arrive, then i will get checked to see if the cyst is gone. i work until next tuesday, then about two weeks off! :)

are you getting super excited for your trip?!?! three weeks off for you, how wonderful!!! enjoy!!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:48 am

Oh okay, how long before AF is due, do you know? I hope the results are good news and that you are in the clear!! :fingers crossed:

We had our Christmas on Saturday, and we both spoilt each other rotten as always - i got a whole list of things, including an ipad 2 which i am completely over the moon about!! :)

Today is my last day, so i probably won't get to reply to you tomorrow... but I want to wish you and your family and your kitty cat, a super Christmas and a wonderful smashing New Year!

Enjoy your time off and and a lovely holiday!! :jump:

Speak soon!
x
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:42 pm

ohhh....have fun with the ipad!! glad you are able to spoil each other :) very fun to do!!

hope you have a fabulous vacation!! can't wait to hear about it!! happy holidays!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:42 am

hi birdie- i know you are off on vaca but wanted to post a quick update. i had the u/s and the cycst is collapsing so i have started with the letrozole drugs!! next u/s will be friday!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:39 pm

hope your vacation is going well!! :) i triggered saturday. dominate follie was 17 on friday. i will start testing soon!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:59 am

Hey Goobermom!!

Happy Holidays!! How are you? Such good news about the cyst collapsing! When have you tested then?? Ooooh so exciting!!

We had a lovely time in SA - it was so nice and warm and it was lovely to see my family again. I missed them so much and saying goodbye was the hardest again!! :(

Well, weight wise, i did better than i thought over Christmas, i managed to still lose a whole 2lbs while i was out there, although it should have been two, but still, when i got back and weighed in, i was dreading it, but it turned out to be okay, and i weighed in again yesterday morning when the diet started properly again, and i am offically 22.2lbs lighter!! :yay: :yay: :yay: I am so excited!! :)

How are things with you?? :mrgreen: What did you get for Christmas?? :D
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Overweight and Infertile