Xenical - TTC

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby goobermom » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Welcome back!! so glad that you had a good trip, yet sorry you had to say goodbye to family :(

AWESOME job on the weight loss over your trip, and total!!! you are kicking butt!!!

i have tested again, BFN's (today is cycle day 8).

:) i got golf clubs and golf stuff, a guitar, and luggage with wheels. i got other fun little things too (i think my family spoils us a bit too much at xmas!!)

any fun stories from your trip?

Happy new year!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 am

:hi:

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

Gee, sounds like you got spoilt rotten for Christmas, i think its a good thing, we only do it once a year! :D and there is so much excitement involved i can't normally contain myself!! LOL!!

Oh boo for the bfn, BUT you are way early if you are 8dpo (i think you meant that rather than CD 8 )

Well, no fun stories to tell from the trip, it was mainly a family and friends visit, and i am not really the type that goes out and parties it up of an evening, so we spent the time visiting friends and family and enjoying the sunshine! :D

Did i tell you i finally got my letter from the dietician, so i have an appointment on the 17th to see them, and hopefully they can map out a new eating plan for me which might help me lose a bit more!

First week back at work was hard - i couldnt barely get out of bed in the mornings! When do you go back to work? :D
ME (32) :hb: DH (30)
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010
*March 17th 2012* BFP *April 13th 2012* 7w5d MC :angel: *Faint BFP on May 20th 2012* Stick precious baby Stick! :praying: for my Pregnancy.

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Lol, yep dpo, not cycle day. BFN today at 10 dpo.

Sun and friends and family sounds like a good story! Thats what I enjoy

I went back tues, and was stressed already...behind already/again.

:) hope the dietician appt goes well! And you get some helpful info!

Tomorrows friday....yay!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:35 pm

:( BFN yesterday at 13 dpo. i will test once more tomorrow, and then quit the estrace and progesterone. i am certain i am out this cycle....ugh!!

did you weigh in this weekend? i will again on tuesday...i am ready for a loss!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:01 am

Sorry about the BFN hun :hugs:

I have been off ill from Monday, and didnt even check my TWW messages when i was at home - so, sorry for the delay!!

I weighed in and one KG down again - so another 2.2046lbs! LOL! That would now make my total down at 11kg which sounds better in pounds, 24.25 pounds! :)

How about you? How was your weigh in?

My dietitican appointment isnt until the 17th, but still, i am looking forward to it! I have to take a four day food diary with me, which is fine, because i have been doing that for a while anyway now - so hopefully it will all be fine - or she will give me some improvement tips! :D

What you got planned for the weekend then? Saturday is my birthday :mrgreen: :balloons: so my sister in law and her boyfriend are coming over for dinner, i have a feeling though, that it is going to be messy! Better be careful though as i am currently in my TWW.

So whats next on the plan for you and your TTC? Are you going for more meds yet or are you on all that they will give you?

Catch up soon...

PS. Don't even know your name? :) I am Hayley 8)
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010
*March 17th 2012* BFP *April 13th 2012* 7w5d MC :angel: *Faint BFP on May 20th 2012* Stick precious baby Stick! :praying: for my Pregnancy.

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm

hi hayley-
hope you are feeling better!! i really really dislike being sick!

happy early birthday!!! :balloons: :jump: and congrats on the ongoing weight loss!! keep it up!!!!!!

:oops: i skipped weigh-in this week. i was down 2 lbs at home though that morning but it was a nutty day, i was bloated, and had to head out of town that night. i will weigh in next tuesday, and hope that i see a nice number!!

i have a bunch of work stuff to get done...i am a bit behind, and things are due, so i will have to spend some time doing that. i have monday off, so that is a plus!! i may end up going to a bridal show also with a friend, so that could be fun. she is super excited for her wedding and is having fun with all the planning!

i just decided and got it set up to do another medicated cycle this month. it will be the same dose, which is ok. we had to wait to see if dh would be home to bd, which it looks like the timing will work!! :) i am still a bit down that the last didn't work, though thankful we will try again!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!! (i like fridays!!)
Ali :)
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:25 am

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the early birthday wishes! LOL! I always make a weekend of it or a week of it whichever fits best! LOL! :)

Don't worry about skipping the weigh in, these things happen and i completely understand why you did - i probably would have done the same thing!!

Gee, you sound quite busy for the new year!! What is it that you do for a living?
I am sure you are a bit down about the last cycle not working, but dont be :hugs: you must remember your body was just recovering from that medication to get rid of the cyst and it may have needed a few weeks to get better - inside, properly. Now that you are 6 weeks past that, you have a better chance with this medicated cycle - when do you start the meds then for this cycle?

I keep wondering how much i still need to lose to get down to a weight where the doctors will help me - i think i need to lose at least another 10kg before they will even consider it... well, my next RE appointment is March 23rd so i have till then to lose another 9kg (since i already lost one!!) and hope that i will get it right. :fingersx:

Looking forward to the weekend too - I LOVE FRIDAYS!! YAY!! :jump:

What you got planned for the weekend then? :D
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:23 pm

:) we started the meds today! everything looked good on the u/s!
thanks for the encouragement!!

i am in the human services field, so always tons of paperwork. what do you do for work? :)

we finished supper, now lounging, and will soon have a glass of wine!

have a great weekend (and birthday)!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:04 am

Thats really great news that you started your new cycle with some new meds! :)

I work at a Foreign exchange company, buying and selling currrencies! Not interesting, but always busy... sometimes! LOL!! :wink:

Almost home time for me, not in the office tomorrow as i have the dietician appointment and also the GP's appt in the morning. Should be interesting!! I will update you on Wednesday!

Have a nice day!! :jump:
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 pm

:) how was your appt? Did you get some good info? I hope they praised you on all your weight loss!

I lost four pounds tues (that was two weeks worth of loss)! Felt good to have a loss! I did better this week with exercise also

:) I take the trigger shot saturday!

Have a good weekend!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:08 am

Hi there,

Yes, the appointment was good thanks, the dietician told me she didnt have anything to add to what i was already doing, because i was controlling a pretty low fat diet on my own, she only suggested i try and stick to 1000cals a day but it is not the end of the world if i go over by 200cals a day. Which i thought was great, she was a lovely lady and although she couldnt give me any extra advice or information, i was really glad i went because it reaffirms the work i have already been doing and she was quite happy with it, and did give me a lot of praise for it. So that is all good. :)

Well done on losing 4lbs thats wonderful for one week!! Excellent news! Although i cannot say much for myself, i got on the scale on Saturday and it showed that i have GAINED 700g - i was so depresed, especially because i upt the anti on the exercise that week and it did nothing. Then i realised that AF was about to start... and i read up that you can gain up to 10lbs (in extreme cases) over AF time - more than likely you will gain about 4-5lbs - so hopefully that means when the which has gone i will be down by a few pounds at least. It's very disheartening, but i still managed to get my @ss off the sofa and get some exercise done and go for a 2 mile walk so hope to reap the rewards this week!! :D

Oh YAY for trigger!! :jump: was that saturday just gone, or saturday coming up? :mrgreen: :jump:
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:41 pm

glad your appt went well!! i think it feels wonderful to get praise for the hard work we do!! i am sure you will get right back to losing after AF! sometimes it seems like when i first start exercising more i initially gain then start losing again. i exercised more this week and really watched what i ate yet gain .6 lbs.

i took the shot this past saturday, so two weeks of progesterone and then we hope for a bfp!!!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:51 am

Yeah, you're right, it feels good to have the acknowledgement that we are doing something right!

Oh goodie :jump: so fingers crossed then for you for your BFP this cycle! :)

Tell me, how much weight did you have to lose before the doctors would help with IUI? Or did you go private?

Hope you have a good day and keep me posted when you start poas!! :D
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:45 pm

my first RE did not ever say anything about weight. though i was not super heavy at that time (i gained throughout the medicated cycles, but they still never said anything). Current RE said he wouldn't treat me if my BMI was over 30. I was just under that when i saw him, but he still advised losing more, which was my plan anyway. What is your goal? my first big goal is to reach 165 lbs. (i am 5'9"). Long term i would love to reach 159 or so.

i haven't yet decided when i will test. i have 3 $.88 walmart tests in my cubboard, but they gave me some nasty evaps last time. i will see if i get to the dollar store, and also probably get a good one for 14 dpo.
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 am

Aggghhh I have still got loads to go!! :? Under 30?? Is he nuts? :shock: My GP said the national health system wouldn't help me if my BMI was over 35 which it was (it was nearly 45) :oops: but now with the weight loss it is down to nearly 40.

My short term goal is to get to 194 pounds which would make my BMI 34 which is fine, but my long term goal is to get down to 176 pounds (165 is a good goal weight but i could never sustain a diet for that long! LOL!!) 80kg for me is fine, it is still over weight, but people rarely look at you when you are in that region. I used to be that region before i moved to the UK so i know I can go back to being that size if not smaller - but i am happy to get to 88 first then try and get the other 8kg off afterwards, obviously if i fall pregnant in the meantime things will change!

How long is your LP normally? I hate the TWW!! :roll:
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Overweight and Infertile