TTC Number 1

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC Number 1

Postby MMBart » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 pm

This is a nice board to find...

My husband and I have been married for 2 years and are trying for number 1.

I am overweight... about 250lbs... And I hope my weight does not come into play.

I went to the doctor a few weeks about and she said that everything looked normal. I had low blood pressure, my CM was showing all the signs of ovulation, and I am in good health.

My cycles have been a little off since getting off Nuva Ring... but not too crazy. I have had a cycle each month.

We started trying in June and still we have not had much luck. I am using ovulation tests and charting my temps. The temp thing is so confusing to me.... but I keep on chugging...

We are trying to walk each night and eat healthy... any other tips???
MMBart
Friend

Postby Liza24 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:06 pm

take a prenatal vitmain and keep trying to get the weight off.

It took me 2 years + of fertility meds to get my son cause i am overweight as well, and i notice when my weight is down i dont need the meds but easier to say then do,lol

still struggling now that im TTC #2, but am 10 lbs less then i was pre-pregnancy with my son.

Good Luck your on the right path! remember, even healthy couples only have a 20% chance each month!
Me:32
DH:43
(BFP!!! 2/9/2009!!!)
ITS A BOY!!!!!!! * Connor Mason* Born 9/22/2009- 7lb 10 oz!
**Chemical Aug 2010**
TTC#2!!!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/121846
Liza24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KylaSmalley » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi!
I'm not TTC as I am 18w3d pregnant, but before I got pregnant I was weighing in at around 283.4 pounds every time I got on the scale. I am now at 276 pounds at the OB and have been the same weight in 4 weeks. I wouldn't stress out about TTC because it just makes things worse at actually conceiving.
I honestly hope you can get a natural BFP without stressing too much.

The main tip I have for you would be: "DO NOT STRESS ABOUT TTC!"
KylaSmalley
Friend

Postby goobermom » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:32 pm

hello MMBart! walking and eating healthy sounds great! get your fruits and veggies! my RE said power walking and watch carbs (which i have a hard time with). for me i have to watch portion sizes. good luck!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Birdie01 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:53 am

Hi :hi:

Well, i think everyone is different with regards to TTC. Without any effort i think we ALL stress and worry about TTC - I hope one day there will be an easy solution to that problem! :rofl:

I am over weight too - by a large margin (ha ha, no pun intended!!) and my Dr actually has refused to refer me on for meds because he thinks any pregnancy would be high risk and that the fertility clinic (I am in the UK by the way) won't help me anyway until my BMI is below about 36 / 35 at the moment it is well over 40. Although at first i was very upset I do understand why he is doing it.

My only tip is to keep your fluids up, at least 2ltrs of water a day is the best way - and I know how we all hate forcing it down, but it does help flush out toxins and is a great way to keep active by going to the loo every two mins!!

Good luck to everyone!! :D
ME (32) :hb: DH (30)
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010
*March 17th 2012* BFP *April 13th 2012* 7w5d MC :angel: *Faint BFP on May 20th 2012* Stick precious baby Stick! :praying: for my Pregnancy.

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Overweight and Infertile