Plus size and frustrated

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Plus size and frustrated

Postby KLMart00 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:29 pm

I am plus size and trying to conceive for about 7 months now with no results. I know this is not the end of the world, but it is very frustrating. I'm getting more and more worried that I may not be able to conceive. We're getting closer and closer to that dreaded 1 year mark and I'm finding it more and more difficult to be hopeful. My husband also has an undescended testicle (sorry if that's TMI) :? But this just also adds to my worries. Any words of wisdom or advice or anything?
KLMart00

Plus Size and Frustrated

Postby 2012hopeful » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi! I know you posted last month but I just read your post. Has anything changed or happened since your post? I'm also plus size, working with a wonderful RE and totally understand how frustrating this whole TTC is! We've been trying since january 2011 but I went to my RE in January 2012 and told her that I was ready to TTC. She was completely on board. I worked with an acupuncturist all last year but that just wasn't enough. I don't ovulate on my own, have taken three rounds of clomid and had one unsuccessful IUI last month. I was on vacation this past week and had bloodwork done today which indicated that I did ovulate while on vacation, though I never got a positive opk test. So, apparently were in our two week wait and didnt even know! I doubt myself month after month that my body can even get pregnant. I was diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago so its definitely been a long and frustrating journey trying to get my hormones on track. I've tried countless times to lose weight and just can't, mostly because of the PCOS. My RE did tons of tests and I'm healthy otherwise so she is hopeful that I will be able to conceive. If this month isn't our month, I will be starting femara next cycle to see if it works any better than clomid with less side effects. My body did not respond to clomid this cycle so I'm worried that I ovulated prematurely, but only time will tell!

Well, I would love to hear from you and stay in contact. Wishing you the best of luck for your sticky bean and a healthy pregnancy!
2012hopeful
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mamaloulou83 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:45 am

hi, i'm plus size too, and have two little boys already. it only took 3 months to get pregnant with my first, 9 months with my second, and we've been trying for number three for 16 months! so it can happen for us plus size girls. it's been hard for me this time, mostly because my cycles have been all over the place since having my last son, but i'm hoping it will happen soon. try to stay relaxed hun, and hopefully it will happen for you soon. xx
mamaloulou83

Return to Overweight and Infertile