Hypothroid

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Hypothroid

Postby JoniBananas » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Any ladies out there TTC with hypothyroid? How has the experience been for you in your journey? I am TTC and new to the disorder and was just trying to get a feel for others experience.
JoniBananas
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kittie09 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm lurking the boards...I'm not plus sized, but I do have (had...just found out it flipped into being hyperthyroidism lol) and was able to conceive. My daughter is 4 months old now and I got pregnant after 2 months. Hang in there! You can definitely get pregnant with hypothyroidism!!
*-_~Kathryn
Kittie09
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JoniBananas » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:17 pm

If you could, can you give your experience like what you did, your meds, things like that. I am over weight and of course ttc, but I am worried that it's going to take awhile to get pregnant. We, well I decided to try the sperm meets egg plan in the hopes that I can get a BFP soon, and just wanted to get as much advice as I can.
JoniBananas
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kittie09 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:25 am

Well, I was on synthroid (I think it was 125 mcg) and I tried to take it as regularly as possible, but to be honest I always missed a day or two. My cycles were always irregular so not sure when I O'd, but I know when I got pregnant it HAD to have been with DH behind me and me on all fours. I took some prenatals too. My best advice would be to regularly check your levels, MAKE SURE that if they ever switch your meds from one to another (like a generic) to re test your levels too because the generics never worked as well for me as the synthroid.
*-_~Kathryn
Kittie09
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulone28 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 am

I noticed this is in the "Overweight and Infertile" section, so I thought first I should clarify that I do have hypothyroidism but I'm not overweight. I was just diagnosed and started 50mg of synthroid a few months ago. We've been TTC for almost a year now with one chemical but nothing since I started meds, so I'm not sure how helpful I am... Still trying over here. I guess mostly I just wanted to wish you luck :)
BFP @ 9dpo, September 11, 2012. Hoping and praying for a sticky bean!
1st beta at 11dpo: 88
2nd beta at 18dpo: 2088
Heard beany's :hb: for the first time at 11 weeks, 3 days!

TTC#1 Since October, 2011
January, 2012- Chemical Pregnancy
June, 2012- Diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism
Taking prenatal & Synthroid
My Ovulation Chart

hopefulone28
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Hypothroid

Postby mesothornie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:23 am

I have hoshimotos thyroiditis. This means I swing from hypo to hyper. The FEW times ive swung to hyper have always coencided with pregnancy but I always miscarried. Ive been o 50 of synthroid for 5 years...nothing..but im a medical anomaly according to my doc lol
mesothornie

Postby casey83 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:23 pm

I'm over weight and hypo, been on meds for 15 years. Took us 13 months and Clomid to conceive our twins even tho I ovulate on my own. We have been trying for baby 3 since 2012 with no luck so far.. but it could happen on any given cycle with proper timing!

Me: 31
DH: 30
After 13 months of TTC, we gave birth to twins in 2008
DD: 6
DD: 6
Trying for #3 since June 2012
Suspected CP February 2015
March 2015 u/s, inflamed left tube
April 2015 u/s, left tube seemed normal...? 100mg of clomid
May 2015, HSG scheduled
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes, only IVF for us.
casey83
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:10 am

I have been TTC for over 2 years with hypo I only found out last year when I had my hormonal test done ,im over weight but I have been trying to lose weight,im taking Euthyrox 50 every day,for the last 6 months my thyroid has been under control,I hope everything will work out for us ladies!!Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jimy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:29 am

hi Joni Bananas! Ah, so sad recently I have read about Hypothyroidism. To regulate the metabolism of our body this thyroid hormone is very essential. If you lack this, then first you should resolve this issue. Then you should try to conceive. Try to go to the best clinic for your treatment. I think that a doctor can guide you better to resolve this issue. Dear recently, I have heard about an event which is coming soon. In this event, an open day house will be arranged for all of us so that we can get be aware of all of our complications that we had to face in our fertility journey. It’s a big opportunity for all of us. So that I want to attend this event. Some senior doctors will also be present there to guide us. I have read all this information on their site. If you want to get any information regarding this, then simply visit their site. See you soon buddy. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
jimy
Friend

Postby Flanine » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:48 am

JoniBananas wrote:Any ladies out there TTC with hypothyroid? How has the experience been for you in your journey? I am TTC and new to the disorder and was just trying to get a feel for others experience.

Hey, there's me!
I am new to both TTC AND hypothyroid.
Got TSH tested in July (4.2), GP said "it's fine, come in 6 months again". I started TTC last month, then read on the web that one should have no more than 2.5 before TTC!!
I went to another GP and got TSH tested again. Results tomorrow. I hope this won't make the journey any longer!

Babydust to you!
Flanine

Return to Overweight and Infertile