3 month break ttc, trying to lose weight!

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

3 month break ttc, trying to lose weight!

Postby Alyce » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 am

Ive recently had an ectopic pregnancy after ttc for 2.5 years. I was given the Methotrexate injection, then about 10 days later had surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy.

Because I had the Methotrexate I have to be on birth control for three months. What a great oppurtunity for me to lose weight!

Today is the second day of my diet. I weighed in at 120.7kg on Monday morning. (BMI of 44.3)

This morning I weighed myself and I was 0.8kg lighter, 119.9kg.

I live in Australia, and we use the metric system, 1 kilogram is 2.2 pounds.

Ive been on many diets before, but always had trouble losing weight with a normal calorie controlled diet. A few months ago I went on a very restrictive protein only diet, and lost 7 kilos (about 15 pounds) in 10 days.

This time Im on a less restrictive diet, the Dukan Diet. Im going to stay on the first phase of the diet for three months, so I can lose as much weight as possible! My doctor has also put me on Duromine, 30mg to help with the weight loss.

Wish me luck!
TTC over 3 years. 6 cycles 100mg Clomid, 5 BFNs 1 Ectopic. Lap and fertility testing, DX Unexplained Infertility.
BFP 8/12: Ectopic pregnancy - treated unsucessfully with Methotrexate, then surgically removed in emergency surgery.
10/12: Found out my right tube is deformed and my left tube is badly damaged from the Ectopic pregnancy. Advised to move onto IVF because I have almost no chance of conceiving naturally.
Alyce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 3 month break ttc, trying to lose weight!

Postby Alyce » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:51 pm

19/9/12 - 118.1kg
TTC over 3 years. 6 cycles 100mg Clomid, 5 BFNs 1 Ectopic. Lap and fertility testing, DX Unexplained Infertility.
BFP 8/12: Ectopic pregnancy - treated unsucessfully with Methotrexate, then surgically removed in emergency surgery.
10/12: Found out my right tube is deformed and my left tube is badly damaged from the Ectopic pregnancy. Advised to move onto IVF because I have almost no chance of conceiving naturally.
Alyce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby all-cried-out » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi Alyce, if you want a weight loss partner, i could also use some support,
Im 5'8" and 220lbs (99.9kg), BMI is 33.4. I am desperate to loose weight but i keep messing up, I know the reason i havent concieved despite trying for 3 years is my weight, I dont ovualte on my own now and am currently taking 100mg clomid.

I am planning to stick to weight watchers propoints plan and hope to shift some lbs,

Im getting far too depressed over not getting bfp, but not doing enough to help myself out.
Any way, if you want a weight loss buddy, Im game if you are. lol xx
all-cried-out
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshHole » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Hello! Can I join in as well? I am currently 5'5" and weigh 240lbs BMI is around 40. I have had a rough time for the past couple years with different illnesses, surgeries, medicines and hospitalizations but before I got sick (back in 2008) I weighted around 160. I would like to get back to that weight but for now I have a goal of getting below 200 lbs.
TTC#1 Since August, 2012

BFP February 17, 2014
Our rainbow due November 2, 2014!
6/23/14 - It's a GIRL! :babyg: - Georgette Rose Marie

10/24/14 at 11:55pm Gette is born! 7lb6oz 20in.

AshHole
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Alyce » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 am

hi girls! That would be great if we all became weight loss buddies!
I came off my last diet, after losing 3.2kg or 7 pounds in only about 4 days! I was feeling like absolute crap and I wasnt sure if it was the weight loss pills, the protein diet, or my new cheap glasses giving me a headache. Im going to start on the pills again tomorrow and see what happens! Im going to do low carb, but not protein only at this point, even though it gives ridiculously quick weight loss! I'm hoping to lose a little by December so I can start ttc again!

What are you guys thinking of trying? Any weight loss as of yet?
Alyce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby all-cried-out » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:19 am

I am back to day 1 of the diet today,
I lost a couple of lbs last week but DH took me away for the weekend, our first holiday in 4 years and i enjoyed it a little too much, so back to the begining. *sigh*

Sorry you had to come off the other diet, 7lbs in 4 days is amazing, but its no good if it makes you feel rubbish, I think im going to stick with the ww plan, it comes of slowly but is pretty easy to stick to long term. Ive had it with quick fixes, thats half the reason im the size i am, lol.
I lost 3 stone last year (which is 42lb) but when things didnt happen i got frustrated and put it all back on again, im probably only 7lbs away from where i started, but never mind...I did it once, i can do it again.
Ash that sounds like a brilliant goal, anything under 200 would be a brilliant start for me too. xx

Good luck girls. xx
all-cried-out
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alyce » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:51 am

how long have you been ttc?

i havent jumped back on the weight loss bandwagon yet, infact im terrified of stepping on the scales now! I have no motivation ATM.. I feel like no matter what I do I wont get pregnant. I have been sooo unmotivated lately.. you should see the washing!

I think the biggest problem is that I dont actually believe I can lose weight, so I always ruin my diets because I tell myself "whats the point, your just going to ruin it anyway" and the like.

Hows your weight loss going?
Alyce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alyce » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 pm

started a new thread for our little weight loss club!
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=195704
Alyce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Overweight and Infertile