GIRLS WE GOTTA DO THIS!!!!

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: GIRLS WE GOTTA DO THIS!!!!

Postby Lisa508 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Chocolate even fits into the WW diet!! :-) Or alcohol, or coffee drinks...

All sorts of stuff our bodies don't need!! :D

Lisa
Lisa508
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby all-cried-out » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:46 pm

:) mmm, why do the thinks that are bad for us, taste so much better?

tiz not fair.... if lettuce tasted like chocolate i would eat a lot more of it :)
all-cried-out
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshHole » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Hey ladies. I haven't been around for a while. I've been kind of bummed. A lot of my weight problem is because I have an endocrine disease and it makes it very hard for me to lose weight. That same disease makes pregnancy dangerous. I got some bad news from the doctor and thought baby plans were done, but I found out that I can still get pregnant but I would be high-risk so I'm not as bummed anymore.

Do either of you use the weight tracker they have on FF?
TTC#1 Since August, 2012

BFP February 17, 2014
Our rainbow due November 2, 2014!
6/23/14 - It's a GIRL! :babyg: - Georgette Rose Marie

10/24/14 at 11:55pm Gette is born! 7lb6oz 20in.

AshHole
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Lisa508 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 am

AshHole--welcome back! Happy to hear that pregnancy isn't out of the question for you--will just require serious monitoring...BUT at least you know that up front so you can prepare.

As for me--I have never tried the weight tracker on FF. I'm currently doing WW so I track everything on there.

Lisa
Lisa508
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby all-cried-out » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Welcome back Ash! Im glad the news isnt as bad as you thought, I have loaded my details into ff weight tracker but i never went back to put the next weeks info in, I must start doing better all round really.
all-cried-out
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nikibean » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:14 am

Ladies,

I just wanted to give you all some hope.. In the past I tried a weight loss program and it worked well after getting off the plan and gaining about 40+ more lbs I was able to get back on with the endorsement from my OB and his strong "you need to lose weight to achieve being healthy and a healthy pregnancy" I'm on it and have been on it for almost 3 months and I'm almost 40lbs down the weight melts off and while some look at the plan as being pricey when you look at the health benefits, break down the overall cost its next to nothing and it has been known to help women who have been trying for years conceive as well it's packed with vitamins and nutrients :) I'm not a sales rep or trying to advertise just sharing what I have personally experienced.. My periods are normal and no more intermittent bleeding, cramps or weird discharge my skin, hair nails and body just feel overall better than ever and best of all I feel GREAT!

The plan is Medifast and you can go to their website it's www dot medifast1 dot com of course with the dots instead of the word just wanted to be sure the name of the website was included in my post is why I spelled it out.. There is a fabulous support forum as well where you can register or lurk and see success stories and pictures .. The plan is amazing it's very strict but so worth it.. www dot mymedifast dot com is the support forum and as I said I'm not a sales person or a spam poster I just know that being diagnosed with PCOS after losing our first bean is what is driving me to lose this weight & Become healthier :) Please feel free to inbox me here as well and ask as many questions I will answer what I know!
nikibean
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nikibean » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:14 am

I just wanted to give you all some hope.. In the past I tried a weight loss program and it worked well after getting off the plan and gaining about 40+ more lbs I was able to get back on with the endorsement from my OB and his strong "you need to lose weight to achieve being healthy and a healthy pregnancy" I'm on it and have been on it for almost 3 months and I'm almost 40lbs down the weight melts off and while some look at the plan as being pricey when you look at the health benefits, break down the overall cost its next to nothing and it has been known to help women who have been trying for years conceive as well it's packed with vitamins and nutrients :) I'm not a sales rep or trying to advertise just sharing what I have personally experienced.. My periods are normal and no more intermittent bleeding, cramps or weird discharge my skin, hair nails and body just feel overall better than ever and best of all I feel GREAT!

The plan is Medifast and you can go to their website it's www dot medifast1 dot com of course with the dots instead of the word just wanted to be sure the name of the website was included in my post is why I spelled it out.. There is a fabulous support forum as well where you can register or lurk and see success stories and pictures .. The plan is amazing it's very strict but so worth it.. www dot mymedifast dot com is the support forum and as I said I'm not a sales person or a spam poster I just know that being diagnosed with PCOS after losing our first bean is what is driving me to lose this weight & Become healthier :) Please feel free to inbox me here as well and ask as many questions I will answer what I know!
nikibean
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EnglishRose » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:21 am

HI ladies just thought id offer my help to anyone struggling, I don't mean any disrespect at all if you don't want to take me up on my offer but I am a personal trainer and nutrition is a big part of my job so if any ladies need help or want any advice please don't hesitate to message me and ill be more than happy to help. hope you are all well :-)
EnglishRose
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby all-cried-out » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:24 am

Thankyou English rose. Ive been gone from the boards for a while and just happened to spot your post.
Im not even sure What help I need lol, my diet is a mess and Ive tried so many diets im not even sure whats good for you and whats bad anymore :)
Just gotta keep battling on I guess.
xxx
all-cried-out
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lorza » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:31 pm

HI ladies,

I think I'm a bit late to this thread, but I just started back on weight watchers (online, no meetings). I lost 30lbs on it right before I started my TTC journey, but gained about half of it back over the last year and a half. Its a really easy program to follow especially with the app on my phone. I also bought a treadmill about a month ago and try to do at least 30 minutes every morning. Not sure if it will help but it certainly can't hurt.
I'm 32, my husband is 36.
TTC since Dec 2011 - Unexplained Infertility

TTC naturally through Sept 2012
Oct 2012 - HSG - Monitored natural cycle = BFN
Nov 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger shot = BFN
Dec 2012 - Clomid 100mg + trigger shot + IUI = BFP!!!
Feb 2013 - Miscarriage - 7w4d (Blighted Ovum)
Mar 2013 - Hysteroscopy - Clomid 100mg + tigger shot + IUI = BFN
Apr 2013 through Feb 2014 - TTC naturally, saving up for a few more IUIs
Mar 2014 - Femara 5mg + trigger shot + IUI = BFP!!!
4/1 First Beta - 294
lorza
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:48 am

Hi Ladies

Can we pleaseeeeeee bring this thread back to life!!!!

I just started on my weight-loss journey and me being addicted to this site, would be fabulous to have a support group from right here. Been ttc for 9 cycles now and I'm fed up and I just wanna lose the extra flab!

I hope SOMEBODY responds!
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:38 am

Hey thully.....

I too need to lose some weight but its for me to feel good about my body and to be able to get pregnant again. I was about 180 when we conceived our DS about 5 yrs ago. Now we are trying and I want to do all those diets but those programs cost money which we dont have every month to spend.

How are you doing?
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:43 am

We have been ttc for 8 cycles and nothing. :-(

Hubby isnt getting any younger and my eggs are not either lol.

He loves me either way but I need to get healthy either way and wanted support on here too with these ladies. :-)
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:47 am

Hi Randa darling :hugs:

We meet again :D
Oh my goodness, I've got the same dilemma as you dear. I'm not getting any younger and its even worse for my hubby. He is 53 and I'm 33 and still yet to conceive my 1st born! So I need to get back into shape coz I suspect that my sudden irregular cycles are caused by the extra flab. I do know that if you gain weight, insulin is increased, and this can hinder ovulation when its in high quantity.

I'm also doing all this for ME! I don't like what I see in the mirror anymore and it makes me feel uncomfortable...BIG TIME. I usually love taking photos but not lately. I don't like the way my clothes fit now...and I feel that the whole world can see how uncomfortable I am in my own body :doh:
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 am

Exactly what you said about pics and people seeing you one on one. My DH can eat anything
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Overweight and Infertile