Juice Fasting for a Baby

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Juice Fasting for a Baby

Postby ManicMommy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:03 am

I've been away from TTC for a long time and I had decided to give it up all together but after losing a close friend (and temporarily caring for his 9mo old daughter) my husband and I want to try again.

I just turned 30 and I am extremely overweight. I've always "carried it well" and most people would never guess. I was 310 when I got pregnant with my daughter (accidentally - long story buried in these forums I'm sure.) I, obviously, don't do well on birth control so I'm a little concerned about getting pregnant too early. I had a really high risk pregnancy and I think that losing weight would make it much easier on me. I'm a lot older now (DD is 9) and I take medication that is not healthy for a fetus (wouldn't cause a m/c, just wouldn't be healthy.) I am currently prescribed Adderall for ADD but don't take it regularly (I forget!) so I'm thinking of working hard to remember the medication (it suppresses appetite and helps me stay focused on my goals instead of getting bored and eating) and following the juice plan from the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"

Anyone else in? My husband has put on quite a bit of weight (for him) since leaving the Army but he doesn't have nearly the weight to lose that I do and I worry that I will fall off of the wagon when he no longer needs to do this. My daughter is also heavy but I don't want to put her on such a restrictive diet and we'll be serving her very healthy meals (made of the same veggies I buy for the juice plus lean proteins) so I'm going to need LOTS of support. I think that having someone else with so much on the line (oh to have another baby) would be a great thing for me.
Me-31-PCOS, history of low HCG, multiple early losses.
DH-34-multiple chemical/radiation exposure, 9yrs US Army
DD-10-Beta <5 @6wks, "not viable" @8wks, born perfect @40w1d
ManicMommy
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Juice Fasting for a Baby

Postby ambernicole8484 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 am

I remember you from around the boards before you left. This post is a few days old but I wanted to stop and wish you luck. I tried the juice diet but failed miserably, however, a friend of mine did the diet the same time I did and succeeded! I'm about 60 pounds overweight and I'm currently doing the low carb diet. So far it's working well for me. I've got my FX for you :)
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Overweight and Infertile