PCOS fertility issues

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

PCOS fertility issues

Postby frenchielover » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Hello all. Im new on the site however i have looked at some posts in the past. I have PCOS and have been ttc for 18 months to no avail. I was referred to a gyne after 2 yrs of begging my doctor to help me. I do ovulate sometimes, but not every month, i have irregular and erratic periods ranging from 44-59+ day cycles and periods lasting 2 weeks sometimes. The gyne told me after a lap and dye my tubes are fine but my overies do have cysts but not in an extreme case. My partner has low sperm count/motility also. The hospital told me to lose weight and they will offer me icsi up to 3 rounds of. That was in June. I have about 3 stone to lose. Iam over weight. (I previously lost 6 stone) and kept it off as i was controlling my pcos with the pill. Ive lost 1 stone in about a month using slimfast which has been easy and straight forward. I was told to use metaformin but it did not agree :-( this month i have the worst pulling sensation on my left ova for about 2 days now like a pinch and pull sensation. Also occasionally waves of feeling sick... i did a test BFN on thurs last week.does anyone have any success stories in the same situation as me? Or similar? Would love to hear something positive. Thanks. Carly x
frenchielover

Return to Overweight and Infertile